**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

stubborn on stun immune is so broken

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
it removes all skill from the game and makes it about who has the deepest wallet.

You can't dex and punish an sp1
you can't dex and intercept

Just wait for APOCALYPSE to be on defense with stubborn he will break the game. you won't even be able to block his attacks because of his ability to stun on light hits

At 4+ Genetic Code, striking the Opponent’s Block with Light Attack inflicts a Stun Debuff for 0.8 seconds. Cooldown 12 seconds. This has no effect against Well-Timed Blocks.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

it removes all skill from the game and makes it about who has the deepest wallet.

You can't dex and punish an sp1
    you can't dex and intercept

Just wait for APOCALYPSE to be on defense with stubborn he will break the game. you won't even be able to block his attacks because of his ability to stun on light hits

At 4+ Genetic Code, striking the Opponent’s Block with Light Attack inflicts a Stun Debuff for 0.8 seconds. Cooldown 12 seconds. This has no effect against Well-Timed Blocks.

you think there's no skill to fighting a nick fury for example? i couldn't' disagree more, he's one of the most fun fights on 23/25 and those types of nodes
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Im kind of worried for Apocalypse but then also hyped. It makes sense if he is great on war defense. He is the APOCALYPSE LORD OF THE CONTEST PURGER OF ALL LIFE.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★

Well guess we’re gonna have to reparry a full 5 hit combo

Which is actually pure skill
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Apocalypse requires 4+ genetic code to stun through block on light hits. He gets 1 normally,2 on defense and 3 on boss nodes. So..... that stun on light hits through block wont happen bud :)

it depends, if he beats a robot he gets an additional, and he gets a circumstantial 2 if fighting a mutant, so you cannot fight with mutants against him, and you take a robot you better oneshot him.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Actually its a "non robot" or mutant so if u put him on boss node and pray one shot doesnt happen u hv a chance. Plus ghost will go out of the option if he is stubborn. I guess max limer or nick could work

fair, I misread that.
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    I love how everyone on here is always a pro, fighting in tier 1, solo'ing bosses ever war hahaha Yes, stubborn is ridiculous already with Champs like Doom that has an ublockable L1. AW has always been a money game and it always will be, stubborn or not, thats not gonna change.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    E_Rich423 said:

I love how everyone on here is always a pro, fighting in tier 1, solo'ing bosses ever war hahaha Yes, stubborn is ridiculous already with Champs like Doom that has an ublockable L1. AW has always been a money game and it always will be, stubborn or not, thats not gonna change.

Doom is perfectly fine honestly, doom bosses aren’t a big issue since you can use ghost and leave hazard shift up which lets her hit some crazy sp2s, every other node has great counters as well, wether it be ghost torch thing quake rg aa or others
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    There are champs who can turn off things like doom going unblockable and his aura. Read a champs descriptions and abilities before complaining and get good
    E_Rich423 said:

• Stubborn’s interactions with unblockable things do make things challenging but not completely unplayable. One of the advantages of stubborn is that if you use stubborn attackers you’ve got perfect block and you can safely reparry full combos. Someone like NF who is also stun immune makes Stubborn a hell of a lot more viable.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Rotelly said:

he is going to be insane on defense, welcome to apocalypse wars

Rotelly said:

benshb said:

Well guess we’re gonna have to reparry a full 5 hit combo

Which is actually pure skill
    i'll agree if you can reparry a 5 hit combo you are a better player than i will ever be, but how are us mortals supposed to play war?
    It's a nasty mechanic. Essentially a means to introduce block-breaking.

But if it'll help, there are two immediate counters: Apocalypse himself, and Proxima Midnight.

Also: Nick Fury will cope with it in his Human form as he's immune to stun. And at just a 0.8s debuff, Rogue with maxed Limber should be almost immune. Not sure if it'll even break her block.

Plus, with my crystal ball in operation, I'm willing to bet that some time in the next 3-4 months, Kabam release some other champion who counters this.
    Proxima only reduced offensive AAR when she blocks.

Maybe Emma Frost is a good counter, but she is a mutant...

Mordo with his astral evade can save you once or twice (but beware of his anti-evade mechanic). But once he gets concussed it is over.

Quake will get absolutely shredded though.

Yeah it will be difficult to find a counter.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Stubborn is just Flow 2.0

Same annoying stuff thats broken when the enemy cant be stunned. Flow was changed a bit but is still super annoying.

It feels like playing with 1 hand behind your back with these globals
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    It's a worse version of Siphon at it's worse. It's utterly ridiculous the amount of block damage you have to take. For a lot of fights, if you don't have Omega, good luck not spending a ton on resources.