**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magneto Marvel Now Bug investigation

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
So his pre fight ability is bugged. I did some research.

I tried with #Hero, #Metal, and mutant champions.

The exact champions I used were Havok, Archangel, Sorcerer Supreme, Omega Red, Sabretooth, Collosus, Warlock.

Havok: he slides on parry but there’s no missed parries.

Archangel: this boi slides on parries AND misses most of parries. I thought this was tied to the fact that he’s a mutant and metal.

Sorcerer Supreme: as did Havok. Slides but doesn’t miss parries.

OR: slides nothing else.

Collosus: Slides but doesn’t miss parries.

Sabretooth: I was just checking that the pre fight had nothing to do with Mutants and it doesn’t. He’s fine.

Warlock: here’s where it gets interesting. When I didn’t have a virus on him all parries stuck. The moment he had a virus infection on him he started missing parries. Also Warlock didn’t really slide.

Archangel test #2: I tested him again. He wouldn’t miss parries when there were 0 Neurotoxins but when he had a couple on WS parries wouldn’t work.

Conclusion: I think that it has nothing to do with what tags/class it is I think it’s based on AAR. The more their AAR is reduced the less parries stick. The sliding is pretty consistent. Happened with all but Warlock. I don’t have any other #metal XL characters but if anyone has Mojo etc. Could you test if he slides as well. I think sliding is more to do with size.

Oh well. Hopefully kabam fix this.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• What is this "slides" thing you're taking about?
  • You are an MVP. I've been really disappointed about this since testing Mags against WS yesterday, but I was too lazy for an in depth investigation. Thank you for doing some good old fashioned science.

I took Magneto against goldpool with pre-fight active and the stun mechanic worked perfectly, so I think you're right.

I don't know squat about programming, but Maybe the passive stun is being treated as an "opponent ability" that triggers on parry and is affected by AAR, instead of a player ability that should be affected adversely by the opponent's reduced ability accuracy.
  • EdarimEdarim Posts: 29
    edited September 2020
    his pre fight ability does not benefit magneto, but hero and metall ATTACKERS ... 🤔

you have to activate it and use another attacker with the hero or metall tag to get those passive parries.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Activating Magneto Now pre-fight ability might not be good thing since it seems to not work as described.. either of things could happen, kabam change the wording of description or confirm there is a bug - fix it and give compensation.
    If any of you watch Lagacy video on Magneto Now beta.. he mentioned that the pre-fight ability is buggy and he was hoping Kabam fix it before releasing.
  • Negative ghost rider, it affects both #hero and #metal champions. Mags is tagged #hero.

Also, the passive parry works when fighting nonmetal opponents with Magneto himself, but fails when applying AAR to opponents (magnetism, neurotoxin, nanovirus) it's definitely a bug.

The slide thing is weird. Some champs slide back out of heavy range after applying passive parry stun.
  • For reals. I'm not going to ask for compensation because an exciting buff had some issues, I just wanna be able to use the champ. I'm waiting for the fix to take him into incursions, I'm pretty sure he's going to SLAY
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    There are multiple threads on this in the bugs forum.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★

Negative ghost rider, it affects both #hero and #metal champions. Mags is tagged #hero.

Also, the passive parry works when fighting nonmetal opponents with Magneto himself, but fails when applying AAR to opponents (magnetism, neurotoxin, nanovirus) it's definitely a bug.

The slide thing is weird. Some champs slide back out of heavy range after applying passive parry stun.

Yes I have seen this slide. Definitely bugged.