**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    ARE THE BANS STILL HAPPENING??
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

IKON said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
    This a complete and totally intellectually dishonest argument.

force closes aren't punished like this is because it's because it's gaining items and unlevelling the playing field. Saving 1 revive at the cost of half your health isn't comparable to gaining several AGs or thousands of 6* shards. I know that you know this.

We have real world examples as we, such as a misdemeanors and felonys, and different punishments even within the subgroups.

Even if we go down your road, it's well within Kabams rights to enforce the TOS as it sees fit.
    Force closing doesn't always take half your health. Even if it's minor, it's still a TOS violation.

I'm not disagreeing in that quitting out is on the same level as farming. However, both are still violations and should be treated as such.

I recognize that I have no say in how Kabam treated its violations, but all I can say is that the way they're doing things is messy.

My solution? Punish each and every instance of bug exploits, whether it be force-quitting, farming, character bug exploits, etc. Why should the smaller violations go unpunished?
    If we don't put jaywalkers in jail, we're hypocrites for putting murderers in jail, is your argument? That in your perfect world there's no room for judgment or discretion or practical considerations? Its just legal, or illegal, and nothing in between?
    I’d say a good chunk of the population don’t think there is/should be a grey area. They think the law must be enforced to the maximum extent to set an example.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Cyporg said:

Remember that boss rush event you could run twice for an extra 5* champ? No one was banned or punished for that, just sayin. Inconsistent responses from kabam piss everyone off. Banning a week for a in-game bug (kabams fault, not an external exploit) is not a good business decision. They should own their mistake, do better testing before releasing to public, and remove the extra resources people farmed. Do better next time kabam.

That's a whole different story
  • Options
    ARE ALL THE BANS COMPLTE?
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Lvernon15 said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it’s the first time they’ve banned for minor exploits
    This wasn't a minor exploit. It clearly had the theoretical potential to generate massive rewards. However, when a game operator generates bans for an exploit that is itself potentially huge, their net often catches players who exploited the bug but didn't exploit it to maximum effect. But that doesn't make the exploit a minor exploit. That is still a major exploit, just one that wasn't fully leveraged.

I do have *some* sympathy for players who clearly leveraged the exploit but didn't do so to a high degree. But that's a risk associated with going anywhere near an exploit. You can't assume the punishment will always be proportionately calculated to be "fair" to everyone. That's why they call them ban hammers. They aren't surgical instruments. And they aren't intended to just restore the correct balance of things: they are explicitly intended to be punitive. They are supposed to appear disproportional, to have a future deterrent effect. If punishment is just "reasonable" people may start to think it is a reasonable risk to take. We want the risk to appear to be never worth taking.
    your words are so poetic lol
  • Options
    Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    Extremely unfair. Multiple factors should be taken and reviewed before any ban is implemented. Less hours to those who didnt abuse as much should be done
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Nakuul said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

did you get banned as well?
    Yes, for 40 sigs
    And I'll bet you won't do it next time. Kabam's lesson has succeeded.
    And it would’ve succeeded if it was 10 minutes, it’s over the top
    Lvernon15 said:

Wasn’t there an exploit pretty similar to this a couple years ago that people got banned for? 90% certain there was.

Yes, but only the major exploiters got banned, not people who did it a couple of times
    Yes but that’s not the point. You’ve clearly played the game long enough to understand the ToS and you would have known the risk was there when you re-ran the path. It doesn’t matter how minor the offence, Kabam can ALWAYS choose to ban players if they deem necessary. Unfortunately you‘ve been caught up in it. Very little sympathy I’m afraid
  • Options
    Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    you exploited the bug. you get banned. you threaten to quit the game. you know what ? just quit it. game/community is better off without players like you.
    I'm not talking about people who did it like 2-3 times by accident. my comment is directed at people who really took advantage of the bug by doing it tens of times and now complaining about the forums.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added

From 2017. There is precedent. Not the first time this has happened.
  • Options
    Klutch1979Klutch1979 Posts: 13
    I’ve only been playing this game for two months now. I had no idea that I would be banned for repeating a quest, a repeat Kabam allowed. I mean You called the quest treasure island, I’m supposed to intuit that you made a mistake?
  • Options
    oMegaPashaoMegaPasha Posts: 8
    Nakuul said:

we getting punished face of kabam's mistake lmfao

Kabam didn't force you to abuse the bug. You did that. You're getting punished for your actions. Grow up.

then they need better testers, how we do know that was bug when we playing at second or third times? lol
  • Options
    Read the Terms Of Service
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Good luck for everyone who got banned. LOL
  • Options
    KeriParkerKeriParker Posts: 54
    my alliance mate was banned. What the hell Kabam? A week BAN?! A week. The way the banning thing works is you get banned for a week, then a month, then 6 months and then a permanent ban. So people who got banned right now will end up getting banned for a month if Kabam screws up again and throws a ban wave like this again. This needs to be fixed. This can really mess up people's AW and AQ. It did for me. Unban everyone who got banned. And if Kabam is so butt hurt people took advantage of the glitch, just take the rewards away from them. But this can be a problem. Since the AG is a crystal, if the player got, let's say, 20 AGs and used all of them on champions it would be impossible to take away there rewards. Kabam should just figure something out and get the side event back and running ASAP!!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

It's not ridiculous it's hilarious. Anyone saying they didn't realize what they were doing is absolutely full of it

yerp
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

My issue with these bans.. (I didn’t exploit anything and did not get banned just my opinion) The fact that the replay button was there. Honestly how can kabam claim that the players were doing something they should KNOW Was wrong if the option was provided by the dev team?

It’s like a water park having a sign at the bottom of the slide that says “want to ride again? Beside a stare case with the gate unlocked. Once a customer has ridden the slide If they enjoyed it of course they are going up that stair case and not the one with the line they had went up originally. Whose at fault the paying customer or the guy that made the sign and left the gate unlocked?

By the 10th AG, I'm pretty sure they knew it wasn't designed to let you get an infinite number per Key. I'm with DNA on this. If someone is rushing to tap it, it's extremely difficult to say they didn't know. The amount of people that genuinely weren't aware is low.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

IKON said:

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
    This a complete and totally intellectually dishonest argument.

force closes aren't punished like this is because it's because it's gaining items and unlevelling the playing field. Saving 1 revive at the cost of half your health isn't comparable to gaining several AGs or thousands of 6* shards. I know that you know this.

We have real world examples as we, such as a misdemeanors and felonys, and different punishments even within the subgroups.

Even if we go down your road, it's well within Kabams rights to enforce the TOS as it sees fit.
    Force closing doesn't always take half your health. Even if it's minor, it's still a TOS violation.

I'm not disagreeing in that quitting out is on the same level as farming. However, both are still violations and should be treated as such.

I recognize that I have no say in how Kabam treated its violations, but all I can say is that the way they're doing things is messy.

My solution? Punish each and every instance of bug exploits, whether it be force-quitting, farming, character bug exploits, etc. Why should the smaller violations go unpunished?
    If we don't put jaywalkers in jail, we're hypocrites for putting murderers in jail, is your argument? That in your perfect world there's no room for judgment or discretion or practical considerations? Its just legal, or illegal, and nothing in between?
    That's a false interpretation of what I said.

Yes, murderers belong in jail because they committed a crime. However, jaywalkers shouldn't go to jail because their crime wasn't as big, however, they should still be punished since they committed a crime, hence a ticket or fine of some sort.

Violations are violations and they should all be punished unless there is a reasonable explanation as to why such a violation was committed.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Daphboy said:

33 awakening gems?
    Free

Thousands of 6* shards?
    Free

The reactions of the people who knowingly exploited a bug yet still fain ignorance when they are punished?
    Priceless

lmao that was beautiful
  • Options

When you finished the path, the repeat quest icon appeared, so yeah they did allow it.

If you read the announcement, it was only supposed to be one time per key. It was a bug. You exploited it. You got punished. This is how the world works
This discussion has been closed.