**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
    Nakuul said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

YOU BREAK TOS, YOU GET PUNISHED

SIMPLE

I'd say that nearly everyone has exploited some game mechanic in their MCOC lifetime. Does everyone get punished? No.
    As a Police Officer would say if you use the excuse, "Exploiter: but all those other people are going faster than me and breaking the law... Officer: but I caught you."
    Not excusing their behavior. Just saying that everyone shouldn't be sh*tting on the people who exploited, because they've probably exploited some aspect of the game once in their MCOC lifetime.
    I have never exploited a bug. if anything seems fishy I question it.
    You've never forced quit a fight to save a revive? You've never used bugged champions to clear content more easily? You've seriously never exploited in any way?

If not, then props to you.
    Nope, I dont find merit in cheating, it tarnishes the accomplishment.
    Hvae u quit a match before
    Define “quit a match” I will run out the time, because that is within the rules. I will use the quit function, because that is in the design, so you need to be clear on what you are talking about.
    Why dont u just accept that kabam messed up this isnt the first time this kond of thing happened
    There was a bug. You(presumably) and many others exploited it and got penalized. Crying here won't change that.
    Oh i didnt explot it at all
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
    Yes not all crimes are killing people

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.

Does not matter how it affects someone, it is still a “crime” In addition that store owner typically has insurance, thefts will be paid back to them, I used to run a dominos pizza, I knew when my drivers went out that even if they were robbed we would still get the money from our insurance so I focused on protecting the drivers.

In addition cheating for resources does cost MCOC lost revenue.
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    Well its their fault for making the bug in the first place ots their fault.
    So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
    When you leave your house you always double check to make sure your door is locked. When a developer finishes an update they should double check to find bugs the only reason why you would forget to close your door is because you are in a rush so then its entirely your fault
    So if I don't tell my murderer that I don't want to be killed, and they kill me, it's my fault?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

I'd say that nearly everyone has exploited some game mechanic in their MCOC lifetime. Does everyone get punished? No.
    As a Police Officer would say if you use the excuse, "Exploiter: but all those other people are going faster than me and breaking the law... Officer: but I caught you."
    Not excusing their behavior. Just saying that everyone shouldn't be sh*tting on the people who exploited, because they've probably exploited some aspect of the game once in their MCOC lifetime.
    You've never forced quit a fight to save a revive? You've never used bugged champions to clear content more easily? You've seriously never exploited in any way?

Define “quit a match” I will run out the time, because that is within the rules. I will use the quit function, because that is in the design, so you need to be clear on what you are talking about.
    Why dont u just accept that kabam messed up this isnt the first time this kond of thing happened
    I never stated kabam did not mess up. However just because someone messes up does not give another person the right to break the rules. Why cannot you just accept that players have a responsibility to obey the rules....
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.

Does not matter how it affects someone, it is still a “crime” In addition that store owner typically has insurance, thefts will be paid back to them, I used to run a dominos pizza, I knew when my drivers went out that even if they were robbed we would still get the money from our insurance so I focused on protecting the drivers.

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

When you leave your house you always double check to make sure your door is locked. When a developer finishes an update they should double check to find bugs the only reason why you would forget to close your door is because you are in a rush so then its entirely your fault
    Even if you are in a rush and forget the lock the door does not give a robber an excuse to rob you. Also there are a lot of people who do not lock their doors because they feel safe (country people)..

In addition I can tell you are not a programmer, because it does not work that way, especially for complex code. There are so many possible paths for bugs developers cannot find all the bugs. There is not a single bit of complex code without bugs in it, and if you exploit that code you can get into trouble. Tell the cops that it is your banks fault their ATM had a bug you exploited to get more money then in your account, the court will still throw you in jail AND make you pay it back.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 485 ★★★
    I knew about the bug a full hour before it got pulled down.
    I was following the awesome map thread so i knew what was where for the most part (thanks Cat)

And I never once thought about knocking out some runs.
    Not only was it not ethical but any player who has been around 6 months or more could see the ban hammer swinging from above, getting ready to drop.

If you ran more than 1 extra time, you knew what you were doing and you were just hoping Kabam would let it slide.

Now yall whining cause you have to enjoy the full benefit of the consequences of your behavior and taking accountability is hard.

I diddnt cheat, my account isnt banned, im not sweating it, and im gonna go work on some EQ, V5, and get ready for AW.

Ooh I almost forgot, I took Bwcv to R5 today (legitimately), total beast for v5.
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

When you leave your house you always double check to make sure your door is locked. When a developer finishes an update they should double check to find bugs the only reason why you wouldfault to close your door is because you are in a rush so then its entirely your fault
    So if I don't tell my murderer that I don't want to be killed, and they kill me, it's my fault?
    thats not similar to my comparison stop trying to be a brownie
    Nah, it's pretty similar. In both cases, one fails to prevent a crime from happening. Then when the crime happens, you blame the person who couldn't prevent the crime. Hmmm, seems about similar.
    Mcord117 said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Once agains this is just a false equivalency, this bug is like a cop accidentally leaving 10 lbs of meth in a jail cell with addicts and being angry at meth addicts for using it. The game is created with the purpose of addiction. It is how it generates income. Kabam holds the majority of fault here. Test what you release before you release it
    You must not be able to look at comments in context.

@Arsoz made an analogy that didn't hold up. I was just showing them that it didn't hold up.

Context clues, darling. Context clues.
    Mcord117 said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Once agains this is just a false equivalency, this bug is like a cop accidentally leaving 10 lbs of meth in a jail cell with addicts and being angry at meth addicts for using it. The game is created with the purpose of addiction. It is how it generates income. Kabam holds the majority of fault here. Test what you release before you release it
    The majority did not exploit the bug, also you cannot test for every bug.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    lol, someone with a very long text argument clearly exploiters. lemme guess, this Thread will end in 7 days later when we met again with those exploiters. lol.. bye bye
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    This is so entertaining, keep the arguments going people
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    Treasure Quest was bugged and Summoners were able to run the event multiple times getting extra rewards. How confident are you Kabam will faithfully reverse the extra rewards all the offenders attained, from 1 extra reward to multiple rewards?

This is so entertaining, keep the arguments going people

That's my only purpose on the Forums.
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

I never stated kabam did not mess up. However just because someone messes up does not give another person the right to break the rules. Why cannot you just accept that players have a responsibility to obey the rules....
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Even if you are in a rush and forget the lock the door does not give a robber an excuse to rob you. Also there are a lot of people who do not lock their doors because they feel safe (country people)..

In addition I can tell you are not a programmer, because it does not work that way, especially for complex code. There are so many possible paths for bugs developers cannot find all the bugs. There is not a single bit of complex code without bugs in it, and if you exploit that code you can get into trouble. Tell the cops that it is your banks fault their ATM had a bug you exploited to get more money then in your account, the court will still throw you in jail AND make you pay it back.
    Kabam can make a beta for new content like they do for new acts except invite regular players give them a week and see if they find any bugs in the event quests and side quest's
    To prevent people from violating the TOS? Or, ya know...people could just not, like, violate the TOS???
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    They are already reversing rewards from those banned, and everyone who did more than one run is on the chopping block. Also, everyone is getting the same ban regardless of how many times they ran the quest.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I guess this is the last time we let a pirate explain how a quest works? I still think a ban is too much. I didn’t get banned and did not even do the quest once... but I say lift the ban remove the items all is well. I hate seeing guys in my alliance quoting the game over a bug... one of many might I add.
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Kabam can make a beta for new content like they do for new acts except invite regular players give them a week and see if they find any bugs in the event quests and side quest's
    And they STILL would not find all the bugs.. It just does not work that way.
  • Vp14Vp14 Posts: 30
    I would be really happy to receive some extra rewards for not exploiting the treasure Island. (mostly cuz I'm greedy and want reward for loyalty and waitage)
    Mcord117 said:

Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

The majority did not exploit the bug, also you cannot test for every bug.
    Not every bug but please do not act like this was a complex one. The game is centered on quest and rewards. There are dozens of paths in act 6 with t2a sitting on them. You don’t get more t2a by redoing paths. This is basic. Players should not be running it more than once but more so, the game developer is responsible to ensure it has a clue what it is doing
    We dont know how complex the bug is, just how complex it is to exploit ther bug.
This discussion has been closed.