**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up.

Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍
    False equivalency. He specifically said “my company messed up”. Not shop lifting or theft As in marking an item incorrectly at $5 instead of $20. Putting the wrong price on an item is not the consumers fault.

Whether you agree with that analogy or not is beside the point. It’s the one he used and you tried to switch the narrative
    There are more ways to mess up than those. For example leaving the register open, leaving the back door open, leaving items in an area that are not or cannot be monitored. His equivalency is not false, yours it.
    Spare us the rhetoric. Shop lifting is not messing up and that was the term used in a failed attempt to contradict his point.
  • Shyam1303Shyam1303 Posts: 21
    Ban is good but it should be fair

Like when LOL quest announced there was a bug and some players did 3 or 4 paths with that bug.

But Kabam didn't ban them and even they announce that now 1st exploration reward will be available for 2 players.

This is also bug in game and may be some player was not aware about this that it's a bug.

And they played repeated round by thinking that it was intension of game.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Shyam1303 said:

Ban is good but it should be fair

Like when LOL quest announced there was a bug and some players did 3 or 4 paths with that bug.

But Kabam didn't ban them and even they announce that now 1st exploration reward will be available for 2 players.

This is also bug in game and may be some player was not aware about this that it's a bug.

And they played repeated round by thinking that it was intension of game.

Ignorance isn't an acceptable defense.
  • WallacemzWallacemz Posts: 3

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.

Kabaam Miike how could you possibly defend that? You guys put those rewards in chests and not in nodes, in quests throughout the entire game from the time the game started. If I complete a tier 1 daily quest right now, it will still give me the option to collect a chest on that completed path. Your employee said the path remains open after you open the key, and although she may not have realized at the time you guys made a tremendous mistake but putting ridiculous rewards in CHESTS, she still said it was open. It’s well known chests still stay there. Come on man
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

MaxGaming said:

I dont want to be that guy but I think compensation is needed for all the stuff going on

Compensation for what? For not cheating? Are you a 2nd grader who needs to be rewarded at every step of the way?

“Good job @MaxGaming !”

“That’s right @MaxGaming !”

“Here’s your 6 star Taskmaster @MaxGaming !”

No.
    Compensation due to people that have been effected by the bugs going on and some people who went into the quest didn't get their key back so sorry for the confusion with the Compensation I meant to say that people effected should be given their key back and possibly a extra key for the interruptions and disturbances.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

You’re playing a game, if it lets you do something without hacking then you’ve played within the parameters that the maker put out.

It must be all kinds of fun playing Monopoly with you. As far as I'm aware, there's no rule that says you can't eat the other players' hotels.
    You can’t remove someone else’s hotel. So that would not be within the parameters of the game.
    The official rules cover when you can buy a hotel, how hotel auctions work, what to do when you run out of the limited supply of them in the game, and when you must sell them back to the bank. There is no rule that says you cannot eat another player's hotel.

I checked: https://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/monins.pdf
    Damn she really be pulling up all the receipts.
    I would hate to be fact-checked in error. Also, I notice there's no rule preventing one player from setting fire to the game board in order to wipe out their opponent's properties. I'm not sure if I would call that an exploit or a loophole.
    No it's ✨𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓰𝔂✨
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85

For some reason, people think this is a "Pro-Kabam vs. Pro-Player" situation, but I can assure you, this isn't about taking sides. This is about an exploit, and unfortunately that's a top priority in the world of Gaming. It's not about bugs that benefit Players versus bugs that benefit Kabam either, because no one benefits from a bug. Regardless of what they receive from it. In fact, that whole argument has been made countless times, and I would question greatly the definition of what benefits Players. Anything acquired through a bug has an effect. There have been occasions where they have allowed people to keep some things, and while I can't speak on their behalf, it's not a biased process in deciding that from what I gather. It has to do with things like overall effect to the game, the amount of work that goes into recouping it, the nature of how it was gained, etc. There is no such thing as a bug that benefits either side. Something that is knowingly and willingly abused is a priority. Moreover, when you have Rewards that amount to epic proportions in some cases such as this, it distorts the very game itself and sends ripples into things like the internal economy, the balance of Resources, balances in systems such as War and AQ, the list goes on and on. Something that's seen as benefiting Players is actually something that will break the game, and at the very least, lead to much more work down the road. It's cause and effect. Not a petition to be nice. Then there's the TOS. If people break the rules, they reserve the right to act. No amount of saying it's their fault and they don't do their job, will justify breaking the rules. If I walked into a department store and was caught stealing, I wouldn't avoid a charge because I thought their prices were gouging me. The bottom line is, each time people choose to take advantage of something, they're taking their chances. Doing it repeatedly is an obvious sign they aren't respecting the rules.

Spacing/hit return please.
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    I think we know doing paths multiple times for rewards is normally not how it goes, but also think the solution Kabam came up with is awful.

If I owned a shoe store and an employee accidentally put a $19.99 sticker on a shoe that was worth $119.99 and someone fairly purchased it after paying the $20 it was marketed at, the store doesn’t have a right to then debit an additional $100 from my bank account the next day. They get that shoe for $20 bucks, period. And I address the screw up internally.

It shouldn’t be the consumers job to figure out what the correct price SHOULD be and alert the seller something may be off and ignore the sales in the meantime.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 751 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BDVM said:

Lots of pro-Kabam sounding comments so far ... interesting!!!

There's no pro-Kabam position in any of this. Kabam made a horrible mistake in allowing this design flaw to appear, and that's that. If anyone is arguing differently, they are just wrong. But trying to claim that Kabam's mistake excuses player cheating behavior is a bridge way, way too far. There's some people who think we're only required to play fair if we are forced to, and if we aren't forced to play fair it is not their fault if they break the rules. In other words, rules should be impossible to break, not e
    Lormif said:

Superflex said:

The way this was handled was somewhat jarring. As with most things in life, if there's an opportunity to gain an advantage via a discrepancy or a loophole, some people will exploit it regardless of the consequences.

I think a warning for first time offenders and a 48 hour ban for past transgressors would have been a more sensible approach. Also, if the content had been properly tested prior to and immediately upon release, this situation would not have occurred. And, it's virtually become the norm for new content to have something go wrong on release, but only on this occasion players had a ridiculous advantage as opposed to being habitually under the cosh.

Perusing through the comments, some have asserted the situation is analogous to shoplifting or other similar clunky representations. I'm afraid none are even remotely in the same ballpark. Moreover, to even try to compare malfunctioning game content to tangible situations is a pointless exercise. It's much simpler to frame this if we look at problem at its root; to wit, x company has made a mistake and consumers have exploited this. Indeed, there are three recent situations we can apply this to, where the aforementioned occurred:

i) An airline company had a promotion on flights but released it with incorrect pricing. Thousands took advantage and bought tickets.

ii) A major retailer's customer loyalty scheme had a special promotion which incorrectly allowed customers to buy items for pennies if they bought just one item from a selected list. Plenty of customers bought a list item and got a basketload of other groceries for much less than what the list item cost.

iii) A major bank's ATM went haywire and began paying out money even if you had none in your account. Word got out and scores if not hundreds of account holders took advantage before the bank noticed the problem and shut the machine down.

In the first two instances, the respective companies took ownership of their mistake and allowed the customers to keep their gains. In the final case, the bank had to take the matter to court to retrieve the money from a few account holders. The judgement went their way but the payback terms made the whole exercise a phyrric victory; weekly payments of £1-2 a week as virtually all were unemployed and on benefits.

Many companies make mistakes when setting up and releasing promotions for their products. When customers take advantage of this, most companies don't bother to clawback their losses as the PR disaster that would emerge as a result could become an existential threat to their future prosperity. Indeed, this is almost always the case, albeit in the ToS of the promotion it will clearly state "we reserve the right to withdraw services and goods at any time" with a plethora of hypothetical scenarios that could make this a possibility. Indeed, not much different to our current predicament.

On a side note, I'm not affected by this in any way personally or as an alliance member and I have no motivation or ulterior motives; I'm simply expressing my thoughts as a fellow gamer...

You seem to think ther is some magic amount of testing that is “adequte enough” to find all buts, there is not. In addition the first 2 are mistakes in advertising, and a reasonable person would not have expected them to be incorrect, because you cannot know if those were incorrect or not. The third you mention the payback of the money that was “phyrric”, but that is just the CIVIL acction, you are ignoring the CRIMINAL action against those people.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/08/dozens-arrested-in-widespread-atm-theft-scam.html
    The most important distinction between those situations and this one is that in those situations all of the losses were from the company itself. They could decide to recoup those losses or let them go, because the only loser in those errors was the company.

But when a player cheats an online game, the losers are not the game operator. It is the other players in the game whom they just acquired an unfair advantage over. In that respect it is nothing like one person getting a freebee from a company, because in that situation the person gains and the company loses. In the banking situation the bank lost money and the people who exploited the malfunctioning ATM got money. All other banking customers were unaffected.

Suppose any one of those entities said okay, it was our error so we're just going to let it go. Instead we're just going to claw the losses back from the rest of our customers. I think people would look at the policy of "letting it go" a whole lot differently.

That's unavoidable in MCOC, because I'm not talking about Kabam raising prices on offers. I'm talking about every alliance that loses to an alliance that contains players that received more rewards than they were supposed to. Every alliance that places lower in AQ because an alliance gained more prestige and jumped them. And a thousand other little ways in which players who gain unfair advantages over other players will lift their own gameplay on the backs of other players they will push downward. That's completely unavoidable, and something Kabam can never compensate for.

If people think Kabam is just supposed to let this go because they have some delusion that this is how "good companies" do it in the real world, I think they just don't understand how online games work or possibly how life works. If a company wants to let customers keep stuff they accidentally give away, I don't care. But if a company wants to give unfair advantages to some customers at my expense then I very much do care, and I suspect it would be a public relations nightmare if a company were to do that. Everyone is fine with corporations coming out behind. But when a few customers get away with cheating the system at the other customers expense that's when you have riots.

I wish these examples from Unit Mastery Marketing 101 would factor the actual real world situation into them.
    I think the pro-kabam part is their reaction to the people who exploited this. They've let a lot of exploited bugs just go in the past and this time they rightly issued bans
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Juan3s said:

For some reason, people think this is a "Pro-Kabam vs. Pro-Player" situation, but I can assure you, this isn't about taking sides. This is about an exploit, and unfortunately that's a top priority in the world of Gaming. It's not about bugs that benefit Players versus bugs that benefit Kabam either, because no one benefits from a bug. Regardless of what they receive from it. In fact, that whole argument has been made countless times, and I would question greatly the definition of what benefits Players. Anything acquired through a bug has an effect. There have been occasions where they have allowed people to keep some things, and while I can't speak on their behalf, it's not a biased process in deciding that from what I gather. It has to do with things like overall effect to the game, the amount of work that goes into recouping it, the nature of how it was gained, etc. There is no such thing as a bug that benefits either side. Something that is knowingly and willingly abused is a priority. Moreover, when you have Rewards that amount to epic proportions in some cases such as this, it distorts the very game itself and sends ripples into things like the internal economy, the balance of Resources, balances in systems such as War and AQ, the list goes on and on. Something that's seen as benefiting Players is actually something that will break the game, and at the very least, lead to much more work down the road. It's cause and effect. Not a petition to be nice. Then there's the TOS. If people break the rules, they reserve the right to act. No amount of saying it's their fault and they don't do their job, will justify breaking the rules. If I walked into a department store and was caught stealing, I wouldn't avoid a charge because I thought their prices were gouging me. The bottom line is, each time people choose to take advantage of something, they're taking their chances. Doing it repeatedly is an obvious sign they aren't respecting the rules.

Spacing/hit return please.
    I didn't think that was hard to read. :/
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

This is a terrible comparison. It’s more the equivalent of the store putting the wrong sale price on a product on the shelf and a consumer taking advantage and buying the product at a heavy discount that wasn’t intended. The presented a product, some people took advantage based on what was offered. Was it wrong? Probably. Was it worth a ban? Probably not.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
    Yes not all crimes are killing people

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.
    Pretty sure you don't get banned from mcoc for any of those crimes and you don't go to jail for exploting a bug.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

False equivalency. He specifically said “my company messed up”. Not shop lifting or theft As in marking an item incorrectly at $5 instead of $20. Putting the wrong price on an item is not the consumers fault.

Whether you agree with that analogy or not is beside the point. It’s the one he used and you tried to switch the narrative
    There are more ways to mess up than those. For example leaving the register open, leaving the back door open, leaving items in an area that are not or cannot be monitored. His equivalency is not false, yours it.
    Spare us the rhetoric. It’s right there in print. One said “mess up,” the other referenced a crime.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

You’re playing a game, if it lets you do something without hacking then you’ve played within the parameters that the maker put out.

It must be all kinds of fun playing Monopoly with you. As far as I'm aware, there's no rule that says you can't eat the other players' hotels.
    You can’t remove someone else’s hotel. So that would not be within the parameters of the game.
    The official rules cover when you can buy a hotel, how hotel auctions work, what to do when you run out of the limited supply of them in the game, and when you must sell them back to the bank. There is no rule that says you cannot eat another player's hotel.

I checked: https://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/monins.pdf
    Damn she really be pulling up all the receipts.
    I would hate to be fact-checked in error. Also, I notice there's no rule preventing one player from setting fire to the game board in order to wipe out their opponent's properties. I'm not sure if I would call that an exploit or a loophole.
    The insurance company calls it Act of God, I believe.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I only did it 3 times I really want that last 2 weeks I’m sorry please no 2 week ban

You basically snitched on yourself
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    The more I see the word “bug” thrown around it’s got me thinking... the button is a replay button did it not function as intended? Seems this was not a bug per say, but rather an issue with what the dev team should have included in the options at the end of the quest.

I work for a software company as a developer, and if we release “bugged” content to our clients we have to pay them a penalty. (In the neighborhood of millions..) We do not ban said clients for our mistakes in development. Rather we test our product thoroughly to avoid being penalized.

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Ban is inevitable.

• The more I see the word “bug” thrown around it’s got me thinking... the button is a replay button did it not function as intended? Seems this was not a bug per say, but rather an issue with what the dev team should have included in the options at the end of the quest.

I work for a software company as a developer, and if we release “bugged” content to our clients we have to pay them a penalty. (In the neighborhood of millions..) We do not ban said clients for our mistakes in development. Rather we test our product thoroughly to avoid being penalized.

The replay button isn't the issue. It worked as intended, it was the fact that the rewards were able to be collected from the same path more than once. You could hoard keys and burn them all at once using the replay button, but were only.supposed to get those rewards that one time. Kabam messed up by not catching the bug, players are the one who exploited it, some more than others
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
    Yes not all crimes are killing people

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.

Does not matter how it affects someone, it is still a “crime” In addition that store owner typically has insurance, thefts will be paid back to them, I used to run a dominos pizza, I knew when my drivers went out that even if they were robbed we would still get the money from our insurance so I focused on protecting the drivers.

In addition cheating for resources does cost MCOC lost revenue.
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    Well its their fault for making the bug in the first place ots their fault.
    So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    Well its their fault for making the bug in the first place ots their fault.
    So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
    When you leave your house you always double check to make sure your door is locked. When a developer finishes an update they should double check to find bugs the only reason why you would forget to close your door is because you are in a rush so then its entirely your fault
    You pissed me off so it's your fault I decided to shoot you in the face. See how that works.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

The more I see the word “bug” thrown around it’s got me thinking... the button is a replay button did it not function as intended? Seems this was not a bug per say, but rather an issue with what the dev team should have included in the options at the end of the quest.

The replay functioned correctly. You are able to run the quest as many times as you like. The bug was receiving rewards from the chest repeatedly.

As someone who has worked as a QA tester for a few different multi-million dollar companies, and a couple multi-billion dollar companies, there is a difference between Games companies repaying their customers, and Software companies having to pay out millions. Also it is extremely rare that software companies pay out anything that large to consumers, rather they pay that to larger companies who are usually paying for the developer to create something specifically for them. There is a difference between commercial customer and consumer customer, which you should know.

Also, if you're telling me that your product is 100% guaranteed to be absolutely bug free, I'll show you a mirror so you can see a liar.

Edit: Note to self, proof read for errors. I'm tired.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    "Killing" "murdering" "theft"
    @Kabam Porthos Where are you?
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 485 ★★★
    Yall still boo hooing?
    Dang.

"Let it go, let it go, cant get unbanned anymooooore"
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    The Most Stupid thing is that people who still exploited is just not as much didn’t get banned but people who exploited It more got a week ban

Exploiting is Exploiting and Kabam is Favoring players

And why the Ban if the Rewards are being taken away it is honestly Shady things like this that Hurt Kabam rather than help them. At most they should not allow participation in Alliance Events because They could cheat in that sense.

I’m disappointed in you Kabam
  • Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 112
    BS company with no brain
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★

The replay button isn't the issue. It worked as intended, it was the fact that the rewards were able to be collected from the same path more than once. You could hoard keys and burn them all at once using the replay button, but were only.supposed to get those rewards that one time. Kabam messed up by not catching the bug, players are the one who exploited it, some more than others
    I do agree
    ItsDamien said:

The replay functioned correctly. You are able to run the quest as many times as you like. The bug was receiving rewards from the chest repeatedly.

As someone who has worked as a QA tester for a few different multi-million dollar companies, and a couple multi-billion dollar companies, there is a difference between Games companies repaying their customers, and Software companies having to pay out millions. Also it is extremely rare that software companies pay out anything that large to consumers, rather they pay that to larger companies who are usually paying for the developer to create something specifically for them. There is a difference between commercial customer and consumer customer, which you should know.

Also, if you're telling me that your product is 100% guaranteed to be absolutely bug free, I'll show you a mirror so you can see a liar.

Edit: Note to self, proof read for errors. I'm tired.
    Yes I agree there is a difference in who the clients are but the principal is the same. And I didn’t claim to be 100% bug free, but I did emphasize the need for quality testing to mitigate the penalties. As a qa tester I am sure you can appreciate the need for lots of thorough testing.

The point I am really trying to drive home is the perpetrators should have the extra rewards removed with no ban. Saying things like they SHOULD have known or common sense says... is not enough (imo) to prove they knowingly broke tos.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

The Most Stupid thing is that people who still exploited is just not as much didn’t get banned but people who exploited It more got a week ban

Exploiting is Exploiting and Kabam is Favoring players

And why the Ban if the Rewards are being taken away it is honestly Shady things like this that Hurt Kabam rather than help them. At most they should not allow participation in Alliance Events because They could cheat in that sense.

I’m disappointed in you Kabam

If we are being honest, half the reason for the ban is likely so kabam can sit down and remove the items in question without people using them on all manner of things, making taking away what they got from the exploit easier.
This discussion has been closed.