**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 star shard amount change

Im not sure when or if discussed before but why was the amount for a 5 star crystal changed? At first you onlyneeded 5,000 shards to get it and now its doubled.

Comments

• Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited September 2017
    It was never 5k shards
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    5* crystals have always been 10k
  • Options
    Yea ^^
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I wonder if it is lower for new players. I know the 4* crystals are only 500 shards for a player in the beginner bracket. Not sure about the 5* crystal though.
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    4* crystals have never been 500 shards, always been 2k and 10k respectively regardless of bracket
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I just created a new account and shard costs for 4* and 5* are the same as my account of ~3 years.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    I just created a new account and shard costs for 4* and 5* are the same as my account of ~3 years.

Is the daily calendar or free crystal any different?
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    No, just phc shards for 7 days, and the regular free crystal.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Can tell u guys 4 Stars has cost 500 shard for a new players. And Them after 3 4 Stars. It wil be 2k But Mabye not all ther makes a news acc
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    on my baby account, a 4* costs 2000 shards. i have two 4* on that account and it's been 2000 shards since i started the account
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    The shard cost has always been constant

Besides there was no shard system back then
    Only complete crystals
  • Options
    Kabam have offered new player special offers from time to time. I've seen a screen shot of a 4star reduced to 500 shared as a one time offer.

Never seen a 5star offer though.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Kabam have offered new player special offers from time to time. I've seen a screen shot of a 4star reduced to 500 shared as a one time offer.

Never seen a 5star offer though.

Yes he is right, the 4* shard crystal once cost 500, and then after 1000, then back to 2000.

This happened about 2 years ago and wasn't even supposed too, I remember looking and seeing it, then getting both. When reported it wasn't supposed to happen at the time.