**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto against special chaos inversion

Hello, I was facing Magik boss on cavalier difficulty. I brang Magneto thinking of his psychic resistance against the node "special chaos inversion". The result? Magneto literally jumped against Magik's sp2, since the commands actually have been inverted. So I was wondering: was it intended?

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Magneto is immune to Champions who give you rev controls, like say Emma. He's not immune to nodes that apply them
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Magneto is not immune to reverse controls, in general
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    I know, but the doubt came out after dealing with the Delirium node, who let me play magneto "normally". I then assumed that he has "psychical resistance". But the node Delirium specifies that psychical resistance bypasses it, special chaos inversion doesn't... So why some nodes can be prevented and other cannot? This was the main doubt
  • Options
    It's something that isn't yet properly detailed in the game.
    No champion has "psychic resistance", apart from the ones that are really truly immune to reverse controls. But some champions are included here for the sake of it, without any ability to allow them to do so.
    Is just a matter of time until these interactions get explained somewhere
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★

It's something that isn't yet properly detailed in the game.
    No champion has "psychic resistance", apart from the ones that are really truly immune to reverse controls. But some champions are included here for the sake of it, without any ability to allow them to do so.
    Is just a matter of time until these interactions get explained somewhere

This is only partially true. His abilities don't specifically state it, but Kabam has acknowledged it as sort of an easter egg that both Magnetos and Juggernaut are immune to reverse controls from champs and hence do have "psychic resistance." He does work with the Delierium node in 6.3.1 and wherever else it may be. The other nodes about reverse controls during specials don't grant an exemption for champs with "psychic resistance" like Delirium does, which I believe is the reason he (and I assume Emma+Mysterio) is still affected.
  • Options
    Mcord117 said:

This is just another example of having a champ with an ability that the game bypasses through fuzzy language. Kinda like caustic temper doesn’t recognize passive fury buffs, or ghost can’t phase passive debuffs

Those two examples are completely different and are actually pretty well explained in the game
    Besides, there is no such thing as "passive buffs/debuffs" in the game.
  • Options
    Passive abilities are in the game since the very beginning of it.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

This is just another example of having a champ with an ability that the game bypasses through fuzzy language. Kinda like caustic temper doesn’t recognize passive fury buffs, or ghost can’t phase passive debuffs

Passives are different from buffs and debuffs. There's no such thing as passive buffs or passive debuffs rather you have "Passive Effects"
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited September 2020
    The fact is: I assumed magneto has "psychical resistance" when I noticed that he is Immune to Delirium (Delirium states that robots and champions with Psychical resistance are immune).
    We simply need a clarification by Kabam about this stuff. Champions with explicit immunity to reverse control can obviously deal with special chaos inversion. Maybe that champions without explicit immunity (I.e. Magneto, juggernaut and Unstoppable colossus) cannot deal with special chaos inversion.
    Concerning Emma + Mysterio, the synergy clarifies that both of them gain immunity to reverse controls (so I assume that special chaos cannot interfere).
    Hoping we get an "official" answer from devs, what are your thoughts?
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Passive abilities are in the game since the very beginning of it.

Yes. But unless you came to the forums or maybe reddit, there wasn't any way for you to know them unless of course you paused and had to try to comprhende dall the stuff
    Well, there was another way, prior to that. Which was testing and develop knowledge after many fights. Eventually I got the hand of it before proper differences and explanations existed
  • Options

Magneto is immune to reverse controls, as is Juggernaut.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★

Magneto is immune to reverse controls, as is Juggernaut.
    No there or no really imuns to it only vs Emma Frost but somhow delirium mag works for
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Magneto does have psychic resistance.
    So he’s immune to champions that reverse controls using their telekinetic powers (like Emma frost).
    Delirium also states it’s ignored by champions with psychic resistance so he’s immune to that.

Special chaos inversion does not mention that certain champions are immune to it, therefore the only champions that can ignore or it are those thatvspecifically say they’re immune to reversed control effects, of which I believe professor x is the only one.