**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2* war again?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
With all those new 2*s anybody feel like another 2* war would be great. Maybe we can organise one in the first war of off season? Anybody else want to use some fun 2*s?

Comments

• Options
    Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Was there a 2 star war before ? I don't recall reading of such an event
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    It would be nice to have one as the first war of every season.

Would be a nice incentive to do war for all those who don't do it.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Pratham02 said:

Was there a 2 star war before ? I don't recall reading of such an event

2* wars were a thing when AW was just released. You were to able to talk to the opponent during placement phase.
    The 2* wars were a reaction to some stuff happening ingame (can’t recall anymore what though 🤔). Being able to talk to opponent in placement phase was disabled shortly after.

A 2* AW does sound like fun 👍
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    2* wars were actually a reaction at the time to a broken matchmaking system. Kabam at release made matchmaking based on either prestige or total alliance PI. I don’t think it was ever determined at the time as alliance prestige was much harder to figure out back then.

It was very similar to what we are seeing now. Low rated alliances got very inflated war ratings and got super high rewards for winning. I remember because my sub 1 mil alliance was in tier 1 getting some pretty nice rewards. We knew it was broken but wasn’t complaining.

Shortly after Kabam updated matchmaking to be based on war rating only. They did not reset or alter rating in any way though which caused way more imbalances than we are seeing now. As a result there was a backlash from the player base and many alliances agreed to do 2* placements only to keep the war competitive. This was easy to arrange as war chat was open while placement phase occurred. This was before seasons so a loss didn’t matter much to many alliances.

I remember one of my very first match ups after the adjustment was against MMXIV (the top alliance at the time.) They agreed to do a 2* war. They still curb stomped our tiny alliance but I remember it being a pretty classy act in the moment.

Kabam didn’t like this and eventually disabled war chat during placement phase which essentially killed 2* wars, although some people still placed them in the hopes that another alliance would do the same. Some time after seasons were introduced and war ratings were finally reset to zero.