**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel is bugged!

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Since when does AA get affected by glancing, OR TAKE CRITICAL FAILURE DAMAGE AGAINST DOMINO?!

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Hmm, Since the champions were was released? He can be affected by glancing and if he fails to apply bleed or poison, he takes crit failure.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Hmm, Since the champions were was released? He can be affected by glancing and if he fails to apply bleed or poison, he takes crit failure.

Hasn't always been the case. In the case of glancing, how does someone who's ability accuracy can't be decreased be affected by offensive AAR? How does someone who's abilities can't fail take damage from domino who causes crit failure when an opponent's abilities WOULD FAIL to trigger?

It's logic, dude. Think about it.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Hasn't always been the case. In the case of glancing, how does someone who's ability accuracy can't be decreased be affected by offensive AAR? How does someone who's abilities can't fail take damage from domino who causes crit failure when an opponent's abilities WOULD FAIL to trigger?

Always ben the case with domino
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

your "logic" is false logic, your abilities CAN fail, they just cannot be affected by AAR
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Djin said:

Glancing does three things:
    1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR
    Archangel is immune to AAR but not the first two things.

Archangel does not have 100% chance to bleed or poison. If a hit does not apply bleed or poison it is counted as failure. When an ability fails to activate against awakened Domino they get Critical Failure.

Finally! Someone that can explain it clearly.

Do you read this yet @Kill_Grey ?
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Critical failure isn't ability accuracy based mate.
    It's more like "you have X percent chance to do this on your attacks. But if you fail (which is 100-X percent chance) you'll get crit failure damage on you"
    (atleast that's what i think it is)
    So you guys are telling me that the previous best counter to domino is now a dead-man against her? And that the previously best champ for glancing mechanics is heavily affected against it?

I think you geniuses should think deep before you finalize on an issue. All of you are casually saying that archangel versus domino is working as intended. Have you thought about every other champ that would be affected by this interaction? If AA is now taking crit failure against domino, even as a champ that is immune to AAR, whereas in the past, AAR immunity meant no crit failure. Alright, so what's it now gonna be for OML, Mysterio, and every other champ that is immune to AAR. Looks like they would now take crit failure on almost every hit huh? Sounds super fun right? How about variant 3 where you have a stacked domino somewhere, with the global node granting tech champs AAR immunity, it's not gonna matter anymore because you're now gonna take crit failure damage? Good luck using ghost in that fight now, right?

And as for glancing, it doesn't seem like you guys understand what I'm saying, so if you don't, please don't comment and say s**t
    Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Archangel does not have 100% chance to bleed or poison. If a hit does not apply bleed or poison it is counted as failure. When an ability fails to activate against awakened Domino they get Critical Failure.

What the hell does this mean? What do you think I mean by AA is bugged against glancing? If you know your AA, you would know that at every point in time before this new update, he could apply his bleeds on the necessary attacks even when glanced. You're aware that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds right? Ant-Man and pyramid X were a joke.
    Why should that change now? Why should a champ that is literally immune to ability accuracy reduction be affected by "offensive ability accuracy reduction"?
    Before you comment, you should at least have an idea of what's going on, know the character, and understand their abilities.

Thank you for your time.
    edited September 2020
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

But the real question is why are you using AA against Domino?

Have you ever heard of people using Mysterio against domino and never taking crit failure damage throughout the fight? Or people using old balls against her, with a similar result? That's basically the league of Domino-counters AA belonged to, the best of the best.

Seems like it's gone now.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

So you guys are telling me that the previous best counter to domino is now a dead-man against her? And that the previously best champ for glancing mechanics is heavily affected against it?

I think you geniuses should think deep before you finalize on an issue. All of you are casually saying that archangel versus domino is working as intended. Have you thought about every other champ that would be affected by this interaction? If AA is now taking crit failure against domino, even as a champ that is immune to AAR, whereas in the past, AAR immunity meant no crit failure. Alright, so what's it now gonna be for OML, Mysterio, and every other champ that is immune to AAR. Looks like they would now take crit failure on almost every hit huh? Sounds super fun right? How about variant 3 where you have a stacked domino somewhere, with the global node granting tech champs AAR immunity, it's not gonna matter anymore because you're now gonna take crit failure damage? Good luck using ghost in that fight now, right?

And as for glancing, it doesn't seem like you guys understand what I'm saying, so if you don't, please don't comment and say s**t

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

What the hell does this mean? What do you think I mean by AA is bugged against glancing? If you know your AA, you would know that at every point in time before this new update, he could apply his bleeds on the necessary attacks even when glanced. You're aware that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds right? Ant-Man and pyramid X were a joke.
    Why should that change now? Why should a champ that is literally immune to ability accuracy reduction be affected by "offensive ability accuracy reduction"?
    Before you comment, you should at least have an idea of what's going on, know the character, and understand their abilities.

Thank you for your time.
    Bruh, he's always taken crit failure against Domino and he had always glanced attacks. He was definitely never the best Domino counter not even close, so what are you on about? @Djin explained it perfectly, so either believe it or just... be quiet.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Read his abilities again.
    Archangel have 40% to apply bleed on critical hits.
    50% chance to apply bleed on heavy attack.
    20% on sp1 and 50% on sp2.
    Only his sp3 has 100% chance to apply bleed and poison.

AAR immunity means Ability Accuracy cannot be reduced. So non of the above chances can be reduced.
    It doesn't mean his Critical hit cannot glance or he cannot fail to apply bleed or poison.

AAR Immunity will only prevent the 3rd point in my above comment about glancing not the first 2.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    Bruh, he's always taken crit failure against Domino and he had always glanced attacks. He was definitely never the best Domino counter not even close, so what are you on about? @Djin explained it perfectly, so either believe it or just... be quiet.
    Do you still not realise what I'm insinuating? I didn't say he can't be glanced, I mean he should, but still be able to apply bleeds on glanced hits. Bro, I'm not a newbie to using archangel, I've used him extensively in a lot of areas. In the past, his hits can be glanced, yes. But the ability accuracy reduction didn't and shouldn't prevent him from placing bleeds. This is the major aspect of the bug, and you can test it by dueling an ant-man or pyramid X, and paying close attention to his debuff placement. And as for Domino, it's kinda weird how AA is seemingly the only AAR immune champ that takes crit failure damage. And I'm pretty sure I've seen a video on YouTube of someone using him against the Domino in 6.4 and never taking any sort of crit failure damage.
    Djin said:

AAR immunity means Ability Accuracy cannot be reduced. So non of the above chances can be reduced.
    It doesn't mean his Critical hit cannot glance or he cannot fail to apply bleed or poison.

AAR Immunity will only prevent the 3rd point in my above comment about glancing not the first 2.

Yeah, I get what you're saying dude, and I've got nothing against you. So if there's anything I've said above that might seem offensive to you, I'm sorry about that.

But on the issue of glancing, AA cannot crit on a glanced hit, his damage is reduced, but the OAAR aspect of the node which shouldn't affect AA from placing his bleeds is actually affecting him. He's not placing any bleeds on glanced hits whatsoever, and his abilities did not change. So yes, an AAR immune champ like AA is actually affected by the offensive AAR aspect of glancing.
    Do you now understand what I'm saying?
    Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying dude, and I've got nothing against you. So if there's anything I've said above that might seem offensive to you, I'm sorry about that.

But on the issue of glancing, AA cannot crit on a glanced hit, his damage is reduced, but the OAAR aspect of the node which shouldn't affect AA from placing his bleeds is actually affecting him. He's not placing any bleeds on glanced hits whatsoever, and his abilities did not change. So yes, an AAR immune champ like AA is actually affected by the offensive AAR aspect of glancing.
    Do you now understand what I'm saying?
    @Djin
    Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    The best counter to domino has NEVER been AA, AA has always ate crit failures from her constantly. The best champs are tech champs who can never be made unlucky and who have very very few "procs", or effects taht have a chance of working.

here is a video from 2018 showing AA working against domino, yet still taking crtitial fails when those same abilities did not proc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STQMgXq-9co

Secondly, AA has always not placed a bleed on a glancing attack. Glancing attacks stop critical, regardless of AAR, if you cannot Crit you cannot place a bleed, again this is not AAR. If he was originally placing bleeds an a glancing then THAT was a bug. Again not placing the bleed on a glancing attack has literally nothing to do with reduced ability accuracy, but that he cannot crit. Before you comment, you should atleast have an idea of what is going on, know the character, and understand their abilities, because you dont seem to.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Use Archangel's sp3 against SPX and see if it fails to apply bleed or poison
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I’ve just duelled the Ant-Man using AA. It seemed simplest to test using only heavy attacks. His abilities state that a heavy attack has a 50% chance to apply a bleed debuff. Nothing to do with it being a critical hit. Just a flat 50% chance to proc and thus a 50% chance for no bleed debuff to be applied.

2 of my heavy attacks “glanced” but applied a bleed debuff.

Doesn’t seem like a problem to me.
    Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    The best counter to domino has NEVER been AA, AA has always ate crit failures from her constantly. The best champs are tech champs who can never be made unlucky and who have very very few "procs", or effects taht have a chance of working.

here is a video from 2018 showing AA working against domino, yet still taking crtitial fails when those same abilities did not proc

Secondly, AA has always not placed a bleed on a glancing attack. Glancing attacks stop critical, regardless of AAR, if you cannot Crit you cannot place a bleed, again this is not AAR. If he was originally placing bleeds an a glancing then THAT was a bug. Again not placing the bleed on a glancing attack has literally nothing to do with reduced ability accuracy, but that he cannot crit. Before you comment, you should atleast have an idea of what is going on, know the character, and understand their abilities, because you dont seem to.
    Not really sure why it didn't allow me put the picture below the quote tho

If you look at that picture above the quote, it states that AA applies bleeds on his heavy attacks. Notice the word "critical" wasn't mentioned there? Which means that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds. If you still think I'm lying, I would like you to duel a doctor Doom right now and come back to tell me your experience. Or better still, you could fight the scarlet witch boss of this monthly EQ chapter 2.1. I know that AA is as a matter of fact, not hampered by crit resistance. And I know I've fought all these champs without having a single issue of not placing my bleeds albeit not critting throughout the fight.

Check your stats, my dude.
    Djin said:

Use Archangel's sp3 against SPX and see if it fails to apply bleed or poison

She can't glance specials
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    I think it's past your bedtime. Either that or you need to eat a snickers.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.

If you look at that picture above the quote, it states that AA applies bleeds on his heavy attacks. Notice the word "critical" wasn't mentioned there? Which means that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds. If you still think I'm lying, I would like you to duel a doctor Doom right now and come back to tell me your experience. Or better still, you could fight the scarlet witch boss of this monthly EQ chapter 2.1. I know that AA is as a matter of fact, not hampered by crit resistance. And I know I've fought all these champs without having a single issue of not placing my bleeds albeit not critting throughout the fight.

It says 50% which means there's a chance it won't happen. You're acting like heavy attacks always proc bleeds.
    Shamir51 said:

I’ve just duelled the Ant-Man using AA. It seemed simplest to test using only heavy attacks. His abilities state that a heavy attack has a 50% chance to apply a bleed debuff. Nothing to do with it being a critical hit. Just a flat 50% chance to proc and thus a 50% chance for no bleed debuff to be applied.

Lol, I see what's going on here.
    You see, the "glancing" text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed, and I've probably dueled Ant-Man 20 times already to test this issue.

So yeah, if you could duel him again but with a very watchful eye, you'd understand what I'm saying.

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    I think it's past your bedtime. Either that or you need to eat a snickers.
    I would love some chocolate 😪

Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.

It says 50% which means there's a chance it won't happen. You're acting like heavy attacks always proc bleeds.
    I'm replying to his statement where he wrongly says that AA can only apply bleeds on critical hits.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    Do you still not realise what I'm insinuating? I didn't say he can't be glanced, I mean he should, but still be able to apply bleeds on glanced hits. Bro, I'm not a newbie to using archangel, I've used him extensively in a lot of areas. In the past, his hits can be glanced, yes. But the ability accuracy reduction didn't and shouldn't prevent him from placing bleeds. This is the major aspect of the bug, and you can test it by dueling an ant-man or pyramid X, and paying close attention to his debuff placement. And as for Domino, it's kinda weird how AA is seemingly the only AAR immune champ that takes crit failure damage. And I'm pretty sure I've seen a video on YouTube of someone using him against the Domino in 6.4 and never taking any sort of crit failure damage.
    Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

You see, the "glancing" text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed, and I've probably dueled Ant-Man 20 times already to test this issue.

So yeah, if you could duel him again but with a very watchful eye, you'd understand what I'm saying.
    I just dueled Ant-Man and I threw one heavy where every single one of my hits glanced. I placed a bleed. There's a 50% chance that a heavy won't bleed. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, your heavies aren't placing bleeds when he glanced just because they won't half the time either way? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.
    Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

I just dueled Ant-Man and I threw one heavy where every single one of my hits glanced. I placed a bleed. There's a 50% chance that a heavy won't bleed. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, your heavies aren't placing bleeds when he glanced just because they won't half the time either way? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
    If that's the case, let's apply some probability here. In the 20 times I dueled Ant-Man, he probably glanced about 60 of my heavy hits. What are the odds of not placing a bleed on all those hits combined?
    (1/2)^60
    Guess what that is: 8.7 × 10^-19

Bruh...
    In addition, I can confirm that AA seems to be the only AAR immune champ facing this issue. Old balls has no issues with triggering his abilities even when glanced.
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR

Thank you for your time.

He has a CHANCE to place a bleed on heavy, it is not guaranteed..... He also has a CHANCE to proc it on a crit. The fact that it is a chance is the reason you get hit with critical fails when it does not proc the chance, because that is how domino works, if a chance fails they take critical failure. Your entire statement is about crit fail and glancing affecting AA, you have provided 0 evidence to support that you cannot bleed at all based on glancing.
This discussion has been closed.