**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is it with the AI and blocking Hyperions specials?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
I just cannot seem to get them to hit.

Mid heavy - seems as if it should work here, many champions with multi hit heavies can land specials mid heavy (Cap IW, Sunspot just to name a couple) but nope. EBERY SINGLE TIME it’s blocked.

Mid combo - most champions can land specials here, the only ones that don’t are like Stealthys where there’s a pause before the first hit. Hyperion doesn’t seem to have any pause in his L1 or L2 so no idea why this shouldn’t work.

End of combo - this ones just ridiculous, I should be able to land specials at the end of my combos? Every other champion can do this. There’s no massive pause or distance created by the combo, why wouldn’t it land?

The only way it seems I can get a special in is by parry stunning and going to special. I might be able to get a medium in but knowing my luck they’ll block that too. Pretty much means in debuff/stun immune matchups specials are completely off the table. I mean why won’t this work?

I’ve only picked him up and started playing him recently though, might just be a fun and interactive Hyperion thing, long time Hyperion players are you guys also getting this or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    the mid heavy one has not worked forever afaik. I think the reason is because the "stun" time where the opponent cannot do anything after being hit is much shorter for those mid heavy hits because there are so many hits together, so they hit them and "refresh" the short "stun" timer
  • Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    I'd also like to ask long time hype players when you're supposed to use each special, I've just been spamming sp3 since I pulled him as a 5* earlier this week and I'm not convinced this is optimal.
  • Options
    Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    Lobster44 said:

I'd also like to ask long time hype players when you're supposed to use each special, I've just been spamming sp3 since I pulled him as a 5* earlier this week and I'm not convinced this is optimal.

i just heavy spam to get big furies, then drop a sp2 and wipe them off the face of the earth

• Options
    WorldWarEG3WorldWarEG3 Posts: 30
    Hype gets blocked so often just because his heavy and specials take longer than capiw and sunspot L2s so it gives the AI a chance to block. Even a half second build up is enough for AI to recover and block.
    Lobster44 said:

Parry+Heavy X 2 then launch L2 l. It gets stun and armor break chance which is great. Also L1 is good in a pinch as well since it does incinerate. Which is good against regen champs.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I use my sp2 after the first punch of his heavy and haven't ever been blocked. I normally parry heavy till i have a sp2 then parry heavy sp2 (after first punch of heavy)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    because the amount of time between hitting the use special button and the first hit of said special is stupidly long
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lobster44 said:

for longer fights, use an sp3 and then sp2 spam. use sp3 to keep those cosmic things up that luck like a nuclear sign. for most other fights, sp2 spam. always use heavies whenever you can