**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I agree with Seatin about the new cav difficulty

2»

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The quest was just too grind, thought I’d grind out the final level today after initial completion the day it was released and a few runs every day( zero arena for the last couple weeks and haven’t had a chance to do the other difficulties yet , an hour later and I’ve done 3 runs and still have 3 left to do,
    I like that I actually have to learn the new champs instead of killing them in uc difficulty with 7 domino heavies (w trinity) and only having to block one l1. But there needs to be less paths like beginner level, no chance I’m doing the 4* run I have about half of the necessary 4* at R5, would need to rank about 6 more to actually be efficient (to take a few options in for each level) and that’s not something I want to do in one go, it also takes another 3 hours apparently so I’ll pass
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Kabam has never been a fan of buffing rewards outright. They tend to do so through side quests

This side quest was out of the world when you look at time v effort v rewards
    Exactly.

So if you look at Cav EQ + Side Quest in its totality, it’s pretty good rewards for the effort spent.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Kabam has never been a fan of buffing rewards outright. They tend to do so through side quests

Exactly.

So if you look at Cav EQ + Side Quest in its totality, it’s pretty good rewards for the effort spent.
    But if that was their intention then next month side event should be the same. Else they'll have to keep changing cav EQ rewards to match this month in total
    Frenchy has already stated as such on Twitter. He said he designed reward balance between Cav EQ and the Legendary side event, not Cav and UC EQ

• Mahlas13Mahlas13 Posts: 8
    Hello guys. I want to know something about cavalier difficulty and 4* path. I played 1.1 then 3.2 then 3.1 with 4*. As you know I didn't get the rewards for that I didn't play in row. I want to know that is if I play 1.2 2.1 then 2.2 do I need to play again 3.1 and 3.2? Or I will get my rewards automatically?
    If you aswer this. Thank you so much
    Mcord117 said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Exactly.

But if that was their intention then next month side event should be the same. Else they'll have to keep changing cav EQ rewards to match this month in total
    Frenchy has already stated as such on Twitter. He said he designed reward balance between Cav EQ and the Legendary side event, not Cav and UC EQ
    I see what he is saying but they are placing too high of a value on 6* shards in today’s game. I do not believe one events rewards need to be balanced out with another at all. They over value the resources as if a summoner got to open 3 6* a month vs 1-2 it would somehow break a balance. I have a bishop, groot , bpcw, cyclops, and beast which represent my last 5 pulls that begs to differ
    Just bc something wouldn't "break the game" doesn't mean it doesn't accelerate average player progression rate past where they want it. The faster you take resources in, the faster they lose value and the next tier gets introduced. Everyone that keeps asking for more and more all the time really needs to stop and think how quickly they're wanting to see the next rank of 6*s and then 7*s
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Exactly.

I see what he is saying but they are placing too high of a value on 6* shards in today’s game. I do not believe one events rewards need to be balanced out with another at all. They over value the resources as if a summoner got to open 3 6* a month vs 1-2 it would somehow break a balance. I have a bishop, groot , bpcw, cyclops, and beast which represent my last 5 pulls that begs to differ
    Just bc something wouldn't "break the game" doesn't mean it doesn't accelerate average player progression rate past where they want it. The faster you take resources in, the faster they lose value and the next tier gets introduced. Everyone that keeps asking for more and more all the time really needs to stop and think how quickly they're wanting to see the next rank of 6*s and then 7*s
    I think the reasonable individuals are mostly asking for more shards. People just want 6 stars they can rank up due to how big the pool is. I have 3 unused t5cc and I haven't even finished Abyss yet. I can rankup Killmonger if I want but I'm waiting for Stealth or Fury.

Mcord117 said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Exactly.

I think the reasonable individuals are mostly asking for more shards. People just want 6 stars they can rank up due to how big the pool is. I have 3 unused t5cc and I haven't even finished Abyss yet. I can rankup Killmonger if I want but I'm waiting for Stealth or Fury.
    And I completely understand that desire. I'm not privy to whatever accumulation rate target they have set up currently so I don't know where that limit of average roster progression sits before they decide to introduce the next tier of rank resources and so on. All I'm saying is that getting more is a double edged sword that players need to think long and hard about before constantly asking for it. Once a certain number of players are at a certain roster progression, that's when the next thing comes and you're starting all over again. The more of the current thing you get today, the faster the next thing comes. Speed it up too much and 7*s will be introduced before you ever even manage to build a decent 6* roster

Mcord117 said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Exactly.

And I completely understand that desire. I'm not privy to whatever accumulation rate target they have set up currently so I don't know where that limit of average roster progression sits before they decide to introduce the next tier of rank resources and so on. All I'm saying is that getting more is a double edged sword that players need to think long and hard about before constantly asking for it. Once a certain number of players are at a certain roster progression, that's when the next thing comes and you're starting all over again. The more of the current thing you get today, the faster the next thing comes. Speed it up too much and 7*s will be introduced before you ever even manage to build a decent 6* roster
    Have you seen the catalyst you need for a r4 champion? 7 stars will only be introduced if Kabam wants that to happen. We will need 2 rank up resources that don't even exist yet for a r4 6 star and to introduce it we will need the end of act 7 or a new Abyss challenge. So we're a ways away from 7 stars.

I'm talking at least a year from when act 7 drops minimum but I understand the concern.

Mcord117 said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Exactly.

Have you seen the catalyst you need for a r4 champion? 7 stars will only be introduced if Kabam wants that to happen. We will need 2 rank up resources that don't even exist yet for a r4 6 star and to introduce it we will need the end of act 7 or a new Abyss challenge. So we're a ways away from 7 stars.

I'm talking at least a year from when act 7 drops minimum but I understand the concern.
    If enough people get to a certain point before the time they planned on introducing those things, the time line gets accelerated. Do I have any idea at what point that happens? Of course not but it's just common sense. If enough people get to the point where they care less about the current carrot, you have to dangle the newer better looking one.
    edited September 2020
    I don't want what I've said to be confused with me thinking that a small increase would speed things up as quickly that it would be an issue, that's not the case at all. I'm merely pointing out that there are two things that happen when more more more of things are introduced.

Most amounts mentioned are probably completely reasonable honestly. Some people have made some completely laughable suggestions however.
  • Mahlas13 said:

Hello guys. I want to know something about cavalier difficulty and 4* path. I played 1.1 then 3.2 then 3.1 with 4*. As you know I didn't get the rewards for that I didn't play in row. I want to know that is if I play 1.2 2.1 then 2.2 do I need to play again 3.1 and 3.2? Or I will get my rewards automatically?

You don't have to do it in any particualar order, the 100% rewards are all the same and come at the same time

Mahlas13 said:

You don't have to do it in any particualar order, the 100% rewards are all the same and come at the same time
    That’s totally false.

The objective unlocks in a specific order and if you don’t complete the first one, the next one doesn’t unlock.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Overflowing rewards will push Kabam to release resources to rank 4 6* sooner and make 6* more "normal" which will lead to 7* eventually lol.

Do you want to follow that cycle once again?
    GOTG said:

Overflowing rewards will push Kabam to release resources to rank 4 6* sooner and make 6* more "normal" which will lead to 7* eventually lol.

Do you want to follow that cycle once again?

No the issue is that we got 6 stars too early but Kabam didn't have to do it. Most players don't have a starting 5 of r3 6 stars. More shards wouldn't hurt anybody. The fear mongering on rewards is not necessary to make your point.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I disagree with the arguments that giving out too much would cause the notion that kabam would have to release 7 star sooner.
    Giving out more shards doesn't work anybody. The 6 star basic pool have many fan favorites like kingping, electra, rocket, cap marvel, cylops, black bolt, joe fixit , daredevil, king groot, cap america, blue cyclops, , etc etc etc... don't need to keep going cause the list is endless. Besides only end game players and whales have those r3 6 star. Still 2 more ranks to go as 6 star which i think Act 7 would bring those resources to allow us to r4 and possible r5 our 6 stars.
    So giving out more shards, doesn't hurt anybody because you still will have a rare chance at pulling a 6 star joe fixit :) which i did in one of my last pull. you still gotta be able to complete and explore end game content or swipe that credit card to get the resources to r3 a 6 star.

Hopefully, kabam been listening and next month Cav Difficulty we will 7500 to 10,000 6* shards and 20k 5* shards.

• DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    They're all extra rewards we didn't used to get. Perhaps there could be a bit more available but considering how easy it is to do itemless, it seems OK. It's designed for end game players, not everyone.
    DannyB01 said:

They're all extra rewards we didn't used to get. Perhaps there could be a bit more available but considering how easy it is to do itemless, it seems OK. It's designed for end game players, not everyone.

How easy it is depends on your roster. Also, its still a huge time commitment regardless of what your roster is.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Let be

DannyB01 said:

How easy it is depends on your roster. Also, its still a huge time commitment regardless of what your roster is.
    Hmm debatable on the time commitment, it’s really not much in the grand scheme of things to do over 30 days.
    While I’m sure it does take longer than doing uncollected, it certainly doesn’t feel like it simply because uncollected is a mindless slog, whereas cavalier is engaging.
    As for difficulty, you have to remember it was designed in a way that full exploration would challenge those with act 6 100%.

Let be

DannyB01 said:

Hmm debatable on the time commitment, it’s really not much in the grand scheme of things to do over 30 days.
    While I’m sure it does take longer than doing uncollected, it certainly doesn’t feel like it simply because uncollected is a mindless slog, whereas cavalier is engaging.
    As for difficulty, you have to remember it was designed in a way that full exploration would challenge those with act 6 100%.
    Yeah that would make sense if you put Cavalier in a vacuum but I also do uncollected and Master as well.

Most people do not have act 6 at 100%. it is directed towards anybody that has completed act 6.1.

Let be

DannyB01 said:

Yeah that would make sense if you put Cavalier in a vacuum but I also do uncollected and Master as well.

Most people do not have act 6 at 100%. it is directed towards anybody that has completed act 6.1.
    Even so, with minimal refill usage, you can 100% a difficulty in a week.
    Attempted Completion is directed at those that have just completed cavalier, attempting exploration is supposed to be directed at those that have explored it.

Let be

DannyB01 said:

Attempted Completion is directed at those that have just completed cavalier, attempting exploration is supposed to be directed at those that have explored it.
    I finished 6.1 in less than a week. Doesn't mean its practical. it take 8 hours if you run it straight, that is just entirely too much. That just accounts for someone with Seatin or KT1's roster which 99% of the playerbase doesn't have. Any person that not an end gamer I would imagine it would be more around 10 hours.

Let be

DannyB01 said:

I finished 6.1 in less than a week. Doesn't mean its practical. it take 8 hours if you run it straight, that is just entirely too much. That just accounts for someone with Seatin or KT1's roster which 99% of the playerbase doesn't have. Any person that not an end gamer I would imagine it would be more around 10 hours.
    So what? They reduce the time taken? By what? Lowering the healthpools? Reducing the number of paths?
    And how do you maintain this difficulty that is already at the bare minimum required for cavalier.
    No ones asking you to spend 8 hours grinding it in one sitting, it’s a monthly quest, do it over a month, still gives more than enough time for master and uncollected.

People used to explore heroic, master and uncollected back when uncollected was new and just as hard and long to complete with the average roster size of the time.

Let be

DannyB01 said:

So what? They reduce the time taken? By what? Lowering the healthpools? Reducing the number of paths?
    And how do you maintain this difficulty that is already at the bare minimum required for cavalier.
    No ones asking you to spend 8 hours grinding it in one sitting, it’s a monthly quest, do it over a month, still gives more than enough time for master and uncollected.

People used to explore heroic, master and uncollected back when uncollected was new and just as hard and long to complete with the average roster size of the time.
    Like you said its not that hard so extra paths would still not change the difficulty. The health pools can stay. I actually explore all of the monthly because I hoard units so I'm one of those people that does everything. So yes a couple paths removed would actually make a huge difference for me and would certainly shave off an hour or so of time.

I already quit arena for the most part outside of boring weekends. Now I might have to remove a game mode. Just speaking up for people that have good feedback for Kabam if you're fine with it than don't worry about my feedback. Doesn't change things for you a bit.
    Quick question.

Is the side quest reward too good for the time commitment and difficulty level of the side quest?
    xNig said:

Quick question.

Is the side quest reward too good for the time commitment and difficulty level of the side quest?

It only works the other way round silly

xNig said:

Quick question.

It only works the other way round silly
    Ikr. 😂😂