**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please, explain to me why Kamala Khan is bad

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
What the title says
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Why is she not bad though?

because she's decent
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    She definitely isn’t bad. But I definitely wouldn’t use her if I have better options.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    She is okay, nothing great but not bad either.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Why is she not bad though?

Because she has decent damage, poison immunity, and a nullify. She can do content, people just don’t like her for some reason
    Please let me know to get that decent damage.. I have her as a 5* and I've been a dozen **** pulls lately. Atleast something should excite me
    there are also some synergies that are quite useful
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Cause she deserves to be
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Black Bolt and Ronan synergy is useful for increased fury duration
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Black Bolt and Ronan synergy is useful for increased fury duration

or just have her awakened
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    In her own class, she is behind a lot of other champs that will help you progress and win fights much better. No champ is really bad, per se, just underperforming in comparison to other champs. In the cosmic class, you would be better off pulling Corvus, CMM, Medusa, Venom, Surfer, Aarkus, Carnage, Nova, Phoenix, Cull, Hype, VTD, The Champion, and King Groot. That's just in her class.

I assume KK is on the short list for a buff of some sort.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Her sig ability works in mysterious ways
    Kerneas said:

Her sig ability is super useful
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    She's decent. It's just that compared to what she's up against, she's an ant standing next to a herd of monsters.

In her class alone, there are much better options available. So the incentive for using her just isn't there.

Edit: I think she's actually fun to use and would rank her up just for that reason.

She's decent. It's just that compared to what she's up against, she's an ant standing next to a herd of monsters.

In her class alone, there are much better options available. So the incentive for using her just isn't there.

Yeah, but you still shouldn’t be sad and act like you’ve pulled trash when you get Kamala out of a crystal
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    I personally dont like playing her I am not a big fan of her animation her special doesn't feel satisfied to fire I do like her heavy attack.
    Etjama said:

Yeah, but you still shouldn’t be sad and act like you’ve pulled trash when you get Kamala out of a crystal
    She's not trash, just "Satan herself". 🙄
    my blood is boiling rn

I for some reason cant seem to pull her, if I did, I personally wouldn't mind and would actually rank her up because she's fun to use.

"Trash" is what you make it out to be.

I for some reason cant seem to pull her, if I did, I personally wouldn't mind and would actually rank her up because she's fun to use.

Yeah, I know. Just tired of people hating on her on forums. She’s better than they give her credit for.

Satan herself smh

Yeah, I know. Just tired of people hating on her on forums. She’s better than they give her credit for.

Satan herself smh
    Yeah she's criminally hated on lol

Satan herself smh
    Yeah she's criminally hated on lol
    She’s great fun. Use my 5/50 in war to great effect.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Her sig ability is super useful
    Does it work tho? I tried her out some time ago against RoL WS and her fury potency didnt increase at all. After 100+ hits and multiple furies applied and expired, she hit still the same (ofc with same amount of furies). Maybe I got it all wrong, I admit it's not super clear to me. But I saw her soloing RoL Wolvie (https://youtu.be/GKvSBaelf6M) and on mine it still remained the same.

But at least she has really great move kit, I like playing her
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Because... she’s not great, she’s a mid tier champion. She’s not terrible, but she’s not Corvus, CMM or Hyperion, which is fine. I really don’t get why people try to upsell her when she’s just an alright champion compared to many others.

Does she get a lot more hate then she deserves, yea, but that doesn’t mean players should go crazy over her for no real reason. If someone’s using her they’re using her for fun or because she’s their only option and she gets the job done and they’ll continue to do so until they pull someone better, but she doesn't do anything exceptionally well that other champions don’t do better. This is why she’s generally a r4 champion max. It would suck to r5 her and then pull any of the beyond god tier cosmics especially to any beginner account that doesn’t have the rank up resources to spare. The question then becomes is she good enough to slug through content like act 6 or is it better just wait for a champion that can. If a player r5s her and can’t progress with her then it was a really bad decision.

I mean I love Loki, but I get why he’s rated the way he is.