**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyclops... an effective champion?

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Now I know what you're thinking. I'm either crazy or just outright mad to say such an abomination. But at least hear me out. You may find that your beloved boy scout might just be able to be a (sort of) useable champion.

Let's start with his Havok synergy. It increases his armor break duration by 100%. Now this is a lot! His base sig ability increases the duration of his armor breaks by 20% already, when above a certain combo, so he can potentially be able to apply armor breaks up to 24 seconds! As for his counterpart, he gets 10 seconds of armor breaks. It may seem short but he gets about 21% more potent armor breaks and stronger critical damage rating during specials.

Next would be his most important synergy, which is his Professor X synergy. With Professor X, all mutants on the team, including Cyclops, can regenerate up to 30% of their max health based on the number of cerebro charges he has. This can come quite handy in certain scenarios where you would be facing defeat and might have to pop a revive. On top of this, both Cyclops get 100% crit damage rating on specials and can inflict 3 guaranteed armor breaks that reduce armor rating by 20% each (60% total) along with their base armor breaks. These armor breaks equate to something like 1575 reduction rating but dimishing returns might change that.

Speaking of Professor X, another synergy that could assist Cyclops with his utility needs would be the Poison Resistance synergy with wolverine, weapon x, or colossus. This synergy gives up to 72% poison resistance based on the number of cerebro charges Cyclops has. With willpower this should be enough to heal back some of the damage poison nodes or abilities would inflict upon you. Not to shabby at all.

A synergy but one that could be a replacement for Drug I could be the Rise Against the Contest synergy with White Magneto. This synergy gives Horsemen 30% prowess potency, bumping Cyclops' overall special damage increase to 165% and it increase sthe passive attack bonus synergy to Hero champions from White mags up to 10%. White Magneto could also allow both Cyclops to bypass limber and boost up their attack by another 20% using his prefight. This is a small damage increase but it might just be noticable.

Professor X's Drug M synergy can come from bringing White Mags onto the team. What this synergy does is give champions a 10% max health mental barrier which absorbs 75% of damage taken. This is somewhat similar to Invisible Woman's ability but a bit more practical.

Lastly, another vital synergy (or prefight rather) for Cyclops would be Apocalypse. His horseman ability would give Cyclops 100% bleed resistance and 30% offensive ability accuracy which can bump Red Cyclops' chances to armor break on his sp1 to 65% and his sp2 to 71.5% while on Blue Cyclops' end he gets a 58.5% chance on sp1 and 65% chance on sp2. The two of them also would now gain a 97% chance to activate a precision buff granting 1100 crit rating for 6 seconds each time they used a special. Both cyclops would get a up to a 150% increase on special attack damage overall from both Professor X and Apocalypse. The more armor breaks the better.

If you don't feel like ramping up Apocalypse or can't find a Mutant on your path, than another alternative can be used to White Magneto and the Drug I synergy. Mister Sinister can be brought along the team too. He would instantly give Apocalypse his Horseman ability, allowing you to immediately place it on Cyclops if you would like to. Another synergy coming from Mister Sinister can give both Cyclops 20% critical rating on his special attacks and true strike so that they deal guaranteed damage with no reductions.

To sum, with all these armor breaks and stats combined... Cyclops could possibly see up to about 6500 armor reduction on Blue and 7875 armor reduction on Red, 1287 beam crit damage on Blue and 1547 beam crit damage on Red (+100% beam crit damage for both), +150-165% special damage increases, a +10%-30% attack rating boost, 97.5% chance for a 6 sec 1100 precision buff on special activation including 20% crit rating from Sinister, a 10% health shield, bleed immunity, and high poison resistance.

In the end.... will I think Cyclops will become the next big mutant champion? Definitely not. Do I think he is worthy of r5 or even r4? Probably not too. But for those Cyclops fans out there, he may just be a fun character to play with the right team. Aint no better Havok counter out there. Congrats Kabam Miike. You must be proud.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Wow this thread was sunk in the sea of the forums. Disagree if you want but he definitely has some solid numbers, at least for Blue Team. This is even with just one Cerbro Charge, no Horseman activation, and no white magneto.

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Now I know what you're thinking. I'm either crazy or just outright mad to say such an abomination. But at least hear me out. You may find that your beloved boy scout might just be able to be a (sort of) useable champion.

Let's start with his Havok synergy. It increases his armor break duration by 100%. Now this is a lot! His base sig ability increases the duration of his armor breaks by 20% already, when above a certain combo, so he can potentially be able to apply armor breaks up to 24 seconds! As for his counterpart, he gets 10 seconds of armor breaks. It may seem short but he gets about 21% more potent armor breaks and stronger critical damage rating during specials.

Next would be his most important synergy, which is his Professor X synergy. With Professor X, all mutants on the team, including Cyclops, can regenerate up to 30% of their max health based on the number of cerebro charges he has. This can come quite handy in certain scenarios where you would be facing defeat and might have to pop a revive. On top of this, both Cyclops get 100% crit damage rating on specials and can inflict 3 guaranteed armor breaks that reduce armor rating by 20% each (60% total) along with their base armor breaks. These armor breaks equate to something like 1575 reduction rating but dimishing returns might change that.

Speaking of Professor X, another synergy that could assist Cyclops with his utility needs would be the Poison Resistance synergy with wolverine, weapon x, or colossus. This synergy gives up to 72% poison resistance based on the number of cerebro charges Cyclops has. With willpower this should be enough to heal back some of the damage poison nodes or abilities would inflict upon you. Not to shabby at all.

A synergy but one that could be a replacement for Drug I could be the Rise Against the Contest synergy with White Magneto. This synergy gives Horsemen 30% prowess potency, bumping Cyclops' overall special damage increase to 165% and it increase sthe passive attack bonus synergy to Hero champions from White mags up to 10%. White Magneto could also allow both Cyclops to bypass limber and boost up their attack by another 20% using his prefight. This is a small damage increase but it might just be noticable.

Professor X's Drug M synergy can come from bringing White Mags onto the team. What this synergy does is give champions a 10% max health mental barrier which absorbs 75% of damage taken. This is somewhat similar to Invisible Woman's ability but a bit more practical.

Lastly, another vital synergy (or prefight rather) for Cyclops would be Apocalypse. His horseman ability would give Cyclops 100% bleed resistance and 30% offensive ability accuracy which can bump Red Cyclops' chances to armor break on his sp1 to 65% and his sp2 to 71.5% while on Blue Cyclops' end he gets a 58.5% chance on sp1 and 65% chance on sp2. The two of them also would now gain a 97% chance to activate a precision buff granting 1100 crit rating for 6 seconds each time they used a special. Both cyclops would get a up to a 150% increase on special attack damage overall from both Professor X and Apocalypse. The more armor breaks the better.

If you don't feel like ramping up Apocalypse or can't find a Mutant on your path, than another alternative can be used to White Magneto and the Drug I synergy. Mister Sinister can be brought along the team too. He would instantly give Apocalypse his Horseman ability, allowing you to immediately place it on Cyclops if you would like to. Another synergy coming from Mister Sinister can give both Cyclops 20% critical rating on his special attacks and true strike so that they deal guaranteed damage with no reductions.

To sum, with all these armor breaks and stats combined... Cyclops could possibly see up to about 6500 armor reduction on Blue and 7875 armor reduction on Red, 1287 beam crit damage on Blue and 1547 beam crit damage on Red (+100% beam crit damage for both), +150-165% special damage increases, a +10%-30% attack rating boost, 97.5% chance for a 6 sec 1100 precision buff on special activation including 20% crit rating from Sinister, a 10% health shield, bleed immunity, and high poison resistance.

In the end.... will I think Cyclops will become the next big mutant champion? Definitely not. Do I think he is worthy of r5 or even r4? Probably not too. But for those Cyclops fans out there, he may just be a fun character to play with the right team. Aint no better Havok counter out there. Congrats Kabam Miike. You must be proud.

And all I need to do is make a cyclops synergy team and use the horsemen of apocalypse charge on him? How worth it.
  • Options

Savage said:

And all I need to do is make a cyclops synergy team and use the horsemen of apocalypse charge on him? How worth it.
    To be fair Professor X & Havok don't need it and Apocalypse is pretty good on his own so you wouldn't be bringing dead weight onto the team. This game is about having fun anyways and seeing Cyclops getting some sort of buff is pretty nice.
  • Options
    Savage said:

Savage said:

To be fair Professor X & Havok don't need it and Apocalypse is pretty good on his own so you wouldn't be bringing dead weight onto the team. This game is about having fun anyways and seeing Cyclops getting some sort of buff is pretty nice.
    Very true. Although my personal preference team would probably involve Wolvie to be my Horsemen.
  • Options

Savage said:

Savage said:

Very true. Although my personal preference team would probably involve Wolvie to be my Horsemen.
    For me it would be Storm. I would love to test out the possiblity of being immune to 5 different debuffs and dishing out an insane amount of Shock damage! Love me some Ororo!

• Options
    Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

For me it would be Storm. I would love to test out the possiblity of being immune to 5 different debuffs and dishing out an insane amount of Shock damage! Love me some Ororo!

I was talking about people I have. Otherwise it’d possibly be storm, maybe cable.
  • Options
    To add onto this... I forgot about an unknown synergy that Cyclops has with Night Thrasher that actually gives him a disorient debuff, reducing ability accuracy by 50% for 3 seconds. This paired with the underrated pacify mastery can give Cyclops up to 80% aar on top of decent damage, bleed resistance, and multiple debuff stacks for despair. Sure... he may need all these synergies to be somewhat useful... but at least he's better than before. (I'm lucky enough to possess everyone besides Apocalypse)

P.S.: I think Kabam should rework Red Cyclops instead of blue similar to how Netflix Daredevil got buffed by not OG. Red Cyclops simply doesn't even change much despite all these synergies unlike his counterpart.