**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

new crystals changes [Title Updated]

booscka2536booscka2536 Posts: 2,658 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
let the disagreeing begin . but lessening the chances of the top prize in the crystal an putting tht percemtage as a even lesser chamce to obtain a nexes is ridicules .. oh ittll be awesome for the 1 in 1000 tht get one every now an thn . but it shouldnt come out of the small chance tht is there add it in take the 0.2 percemt chamce off the 3* end ypu cant use then in act 6 . . anyways . let the yae sayers destroy this opinion now ..

Comments

• Options
    Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    These kind of changes despite being positive are only upset majority of people aj believe. Like its impossible to being this cheap.

I never complain about this game but this feel like giving 1 more spit to beggar :(
  • Options
    asismanasisman Posts: 16
    Mate all it does is help you further. So say you were going to get a 6 star from a cav. The update adds a chance that it becomes a 6 star nexus crystal so you can choose out of three champions instead of forcing you to a single champ.That's it.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It’s still the same, it just gives an added chance to be a nexus which is pretty neat.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    So you open a Crystal, get a Nexus then have to open Another Crystal for a champion of your choice, seems very long winded

But I’m definitely curious how it’s gonna play out
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    the chance for any rarity is the exact same. the only thing that changes is that there's a chance for that highway rarity one to be a nexus. it's only a good thing, but it's a pretty minor change
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    NotaZesty said:

This is not a good change. Instead of getting a good 5 or 6*, now you have a chance to be FORCED to choose from 3 **** ones. What if you were gonna get a good 5* but you ended up getting a nexus and your choices were Hulk, Groot and Angela? Huh? Whattta gonna do, losers?

Your thinking of it all wrong mate.
  • Options

i may have been a little quick on the draw wuth this one . humblest apologies for my wayward rant lol

yeah at least your admitted it lol. it only benefits us but it's a very very small thing
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

The combined chance to get 5* or 5* nexus is the same chance to get a 5* champ as the GCs are now

I don't think it works that way..it's individual chances and not combined.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Gmonkey said:

With 3 stars still in there not worth it. They are valuing a six star at 20000 units. Should have bumped the percent to 2% and 1% to get the nexus for 3% total. The speed of 6 stars is coming so fast can get two a month between war and other quests.

well it's not just a six star. there are like 11 5*? or something around that? and a butt ton of iso. still not good value, but you cant expect rng things like that to be good value
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

The combined chance to get 5* or 5* nexus is the same chance to get a 5* champ as the GCs are now

No I’m trying to show how the chances of getting a highest rarity champ aren’t actually being lowered.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

What are you saying? The top prize of a cavalier crystal is a 6* and your chance at getting a 6* remains the same. It's just that there is an included chance in that 1% to get a nexus 6* instead of just a random 6*. How is that a joke?

For those who don't buy crystals anyway , it's inconsequential. But for those who do , and manage to snag 6*s(I hate you) it's a good buff.

I think it's either 0.8% chance for a 6* OR 0.2% chance for a nexus.

I don't think you can add them together and say it's a 1% chance to get either.
  • Options

HI_guys said:

What are you saying? The top prize of a cavalier crystal is a 6* and your chance at getting a 6* remains the same. It's just that there is an included chance in that 1% to get a nexus 6* instead of just a random 6*. How is that a joke?

For those who don't buy crystals anyway , it's inconsequential. But for those who do , and manage to snag 6*s(I hate you) it's a good buff.

it is a 1% chance to get a six star though
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Nope iron patriot is right. You have a .8 % chance to pull a 6* and a .2 % chance to pull a 6* nexus. Both of these will give the output of 1 6*. So your chance of pulling a 6* =.8+.1%=1%
    Ahhh got it 👍
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    If I get a 6 star nexus, will it show 3 6 stars?
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

It’s exactly how it works.

Think of it as a chance within a chance.

You have a 1% chance to pull a 6*. Within that, you have a 20% chance that “winning” the 6* will yield a Nexus crystal with an 80% chance of it being a basic 6*.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    The chance to get a 6* champ does not change. The only difference is that now there is a 20% chance in that chance that you already have, for that to be a nexus.
  • Options
    Rasilover said:

If I get a 6 star nexus, will it show 3 6 stars?

I think so, as it says it's a nexus 6*
  • Options

HI_guys said:

This is a point of confusion among people who do not understand probability, and only know the calculations but not the basis for them. Sometimes you can add, sometimes you cannot. It comes down to independent odds. If two odds are dependent and mutually exclusive, you can add (in fact, this is basically a restatement of the Fundamental Counting Principle of probability). But if the odds are independent, you cannot.

Consider a coin flip. There's a 50% chance of heads, 50% chance of tails. The odds of getting either a head or a tail is 100%, 50% + 50%. Of course. But why can you add them? Because the odds of getting heads is not completely independent of the odds of getting tails. Instead, they are mutually exclusive: you can only get heads or tails but not both. So there are only two possibilities: Heads or Tails.

But suppose you were to apply to college, and you applied to two colleges A and B. And suppose you were told you had a 50% chance to be accepted to A, and also a 50% chance to be accepted to B. Does that mean your odds of being accepted to college are 100%, 50 + 50%? No, because those are not mutually exclusive events. There are four possibilities: you get accepted to A, you get accepted to B, you get accepted to both, you get accepted to neither. Adding the two double counts some of the possibilities. Your 50% chance to be accepted into A "includes" some of the chance to get accepted into B, because the chance to get accepted into A but not B, plus the chance to get accepted to A and B, must be 50% (that's the odds of getting into A at all).

In this case, the odds are mutually exclusive. There's no chance of getting a 6* basic AND also a 6* Nexus. So the total odds of getting either is the sum of both.
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

well it's not just a six star. there are like 11 5*? or something around that? and a butt ton of iso. still not good value, but you cant expect rng things like that to be good value

But 5 stars are only 275 or 550 six stars to me. I have all of the top champs ranked up except omega red and the newest champs. I am focused on six stars personally
    that's fair