**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

HULKBUSTER What's happening!?

So a quick set of questions about Hulbusters .. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
WHY CAN'T HE HAVE A LONGER REACHING HEAVY!?
After his update .. kabam said he is a High Risk ,High Reward champ .. but the way you risk is through his Heavy
That's his new mechanic.. get opponent in the corner ,use Sp2 after spam HEAVY until u get to another Sp2 or Sp1 ..that's the loop
Now let's clarify something.. what's the Risk part?
1 The fact that I have 50/50 chance to use my heavy and come up short or even miss
2 The fact that with this new mechanic u risk getting countered whit a Special atack.. because in theory, there's no other way your opponent can stop u from spamming heavy
3 All of the above
Why not "fix" his heavy to have a longer reach , like Venom or Captain Marvel ..

Different outcomes

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    im not surprised that in the clip you have, he missed compared to the venom one, but his heavy definitely is wonky
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    The characters on defence seem to get up as soon as the fall it’s clearly a big
  • Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    I don’t know if I ( “I” meaning me) would complain about this.

I’ve been hit with a heavy reaching damn near across the fighting map😡. If I do the same heavy with the same champ....no dice. The heavies reach for most champs are sometimes exaggerated.

Like some have already mentioned. I’ve done heavies where it doesn’t even make contact and they’re right in from of me and they didn’t block.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Medium charge into a heavy attack is the way to go after an SP1 stun. I think his reach sucks too, but Kabam isn’t going to tweak HB after they just reworked him. You have to learn to work with it.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

What they did with his reach is good

Thank you for summoning me @Kill_Grey

People say it's bad, but it's actually not. When you launch an sp2 to heavy chain, Hulkbusters heavies don't eventually push him back, which is something Vision Aarkus and Venom do, which is why people don't heavy chain with them. You do need to get that sp2 rotation in the corner for this trick to work. Heavy attacks usually won't reach the opponent tho. I wish they did, but if that's the cost for the hulkbuster not moonwalking away when heavy chaining, I'll be fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is there like a HB signal that appears in the sky for you and you arrive on the forums lol
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

What they did with his reach is good

Thank you for summoning me @Kill_Grey

People say it's bad, but it's actually not. When you launch an sp2 to heavy chain, Hulkbusters heavies don't eventually push him back, which is something Vision Aarkus and Venom do, which is why people don't heavy chain with them. You do need to get that sp2 rotation in the corner for this trick to work. Heavy attacks usually won't reach the opponent tho. I wish they did, but if that's the cost for the hulkbuster not moonwalking away when heavy chaining, I'll be fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’d almost prefer the moonwalk heavy problem you describe (get that with doc oc and warlock sometimes) as you can see it coming and react. The random whiff for no reason gets you smacked half the time as you can’t account for it.