**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone explain diversity and the need for it?

DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
What's the point of this concept and why was it introduced into AW 2.0?

I'm betting that not one person will be able to give a reasonable explanation for having it.

Comments

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    DD2 wrote: »

I'm betting that not one person will be able to give a reasonable explanation for having it.

It shut up all the I'm tired of md I can't beat power gain people. Pretty well

Pretty much this people kept crying they had to fight the same people now we have this system
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★

Their opinions never really mattered anyway. You don't destroy a well running system because a few aren't willing to work hard like everyone else.

Their opinions never really mattered anyway. You don't destroy a well running system because a few aren't willing to work hard like everyone else.

So you don't destroy a system for cryers. Funny how you want them to destroy diveristy for you then

The old system rewarded skill and dedication and hard work. It benefited hard working players. A minority of lazy people cried that they couldn't keep up.

The new system doesn't reward skill. It's worthless.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's to use different champs so people don't place abou the same 10 defenders you will see on defemse
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It's to use different champs so people don't place abou the same 10 defenders you will see on defemse

And what's the benefit of that?
    edited September 2017
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

And what's the benefit of that?

What's the benefit of the same champs over and over

What is the benefit of having weaker champ on defense? Are they better defenders?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why does there need to be a benefit? There's no benefit from carnage being in the game. Kabam just wants you to use their champs they made that are dust collectors
    To be able to use things you earned. I'd prefer this over hey everyone bring 5 mystics and max md dur dur dur. Which is all defense used to be

Don't bring mystics and max MD. Bring your Kamala and Luke Cage. See how that works out for you.

But don't control what OTHERS bring by ARTIFICIALLY restricting their value.
    edited September 2017
    Most of the one's whining about AW 1.0 had terrible champs, poor skill, and were stuck in crummy alliances cause they didn't want to even lift a finger and work hard at this game. The complainers wanted free handouts and adjustments from Kabam.

We shouldn't be listening to them. They're lazy and a drain on the system and an insult to everyone who works hard. Their opinions don't matter at all and the last thing we need is to cater to them by destroying a system that's built around hard work and dedication.
    "I don't like going against mystics!"

Too bad! Learn how to play or quit the game. You can't ask the developers to dumb it all down because you're not good.

It's disgusting how they just catered to these whiners.

But in reality we all know the reason Kabam did this. It's not to placate the whiners, it's to indirectly nerf the entire champ roster, devalue everyone's work, and get players to invest rare resources into otherwise worthless champs so they can try and compete in Computer Wars where the winner is decided during placement and not during battle and where the concept of skill doesn't exist.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Little cat fight going on in here...

Remember the outrage that defender kills were removed, well imagine that AND no diversity, I think diversity was put in there to paper over the removal of defender kills.

But now no ones hardly being killed anyway because wars so easy XD
    Agreed but whining to get it changed back to the other whiners is not the answer.
    You say they shouldn't cater to whiners and made 3 threads whining about the new war. Guess what. They shouldn't cater to you

Are you honestly equalizing AW 1.0 and 2.0? As if they're the same? One rewards skill the other doesn't AT ALL.

They should cater to people who want a skill based game.
    Agreed but whining to get it changed back to the other whiners is not the answer.
    You say they shouldn't cater to whiners and made 3 threads whining about the new war. Guess what. They shouldn't cater to you

Are you honestly equalizing AW 1.0 and 2.0? As if they're the same? One rewards skill the other doesn't AT ALL.

I don't recall it being skill based easy nodes and predicable placements.
    I've said it in numerous threads now you want skill based?
    600k health stun immune with bane and unblockable specials. Global node(plus some random node)
    Bosses 1.5m health same global node. And some other random effects.
    You get zero items further team wins.
    In case of a tie you resort to total allaince health lost

Your silly ridiculous proposition of having 1.5m health nodes that have bane and stun immunity is STILL a better decision than this 2.0 **** that's not even based on skill at all.

AW 1.0 was fine. A few minor adjustments was that all that was needed.

You seem to like winning based on anything BUT skill. I wonder why that is.
    edited September 2017

I don't recall it being skill based easy nodes and predicable placements.
    I've said it in numerous threads now you want skill based?
    600k health stun immune with bane and unblockable specials. Global node(plus some random node)
    Bosses 1.5m health same global node. And some other random effects.
    You get zero items further team wins.
    In case of a tie you resort to total allaince health lost

Your silly ridiculous proposition of having 1.5m health nodes that have bane and stun immunity is STILL a better decision than this 2.0 **** that's not even based on skill at all.

AW 1.0 was fine. A few minor adjustments was that all that was needed.

You seem to like winning based on anything BUT skill. I wonder why that is.

Right that's why I asked for a more skill based version then 1.0 which sorry wasn't skill based at all

In what way is 2.0 based on skill cause it's 5x easier and wins are entirely based on roster instead of fighting ability.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Newsflash there is a 50 page aw comment thread where about 99% of the people hate the new system, kabam mike has said it has flaws and they are going to tweak the scoring system, dropfaith may be one of the few who likes it but when it goes to diversity across all battle groups as it was supposed to be. it's going to come down to who has the few unique champs, kang, og vision, red deadpool who will win, or who has bought the latest features, its flawed
    What's more skill based, 1.0 or 2.0?
    edited September 2017

Neither.. your beating easy content by tapping on your screen. ..
    Sorry no skill involved in either version

Which one is MORE skill based? You can't answer this, can you?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    The word "skill" is used, but it seems like a very broad definition to me. From what I see, the word "safety" applies. The same Champs boosted by the same Nodes and Masteries are placed and the opponent is pecked off by Defense Kills. My view is that it's not very skill-based at all. Just easy kills that makes for an easy win, and no skill is applied. Just the same Champs that everyone else uses because they vastly overpower the enemy. The skill aspect was applied to trying to maneuver against Champs that almost certainly overpowered you, at the risk of dying into a Loss. Seems like the word "skill" is applied in reference to the Ally trying to deal with that situation, and not the Placement at all.

Neither.. your beating easy content by tapping on your screen. ..
    Sorry no skill involved in either version

Which one is MORE skill based? You can't answer this, can you?

No I can't because more skill indicates one had skill involved. Since neither had any neither has more..

Nice knowing you troll!

Block!
  • This thread has turned into a lot of personal attacks and has become generally non-constructive, so I'm going to be closing it down. If anyone has questions or thoughts about the current version of Alliance Wars, they can discuss them in the main Alliance War discussion thread, but I would remind everyone to keep things civil while discussing your opinions with other members of the community.
This discussion has been closed.