**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I upgrade Sentinel?

VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
Hi, I’m thinking of pushing for Cavalier and Variant 3. Almost explored 5.4. Should I upgrade my Sentinel to R4 Unawakened or wait for a 5* Warlock or Ghost?

Can I clear Variant 3 with him? I have Ghost, Warlock, and Starky as 5/50s as backup.

Also, can I use him against 6.1.5 and 6.1.6?

Thanks in advance!

Should I upgrade Sentinel? 28 votes

Rank up Unawakened Sentinel
89%
PantherusNZLvernon15Kamikaze_TurtleUnidentifiedCreatureThatOneMasterGamerEtjamaEinfachSote_dua_shumSarvanga1_Thicco_ModeDarkDuelistMauledOmedennFeroX_the_fat_heringMaxLeeChikelFluffy_pawsJragonMaster170CloudwalkerHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 25 votes
Wait for a better Tech champion
10%
unoobmeproCrcrcrc[Deleted User] 3 votes

Comments

• unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Wait for a better Tech champion
    Rank hulkbuster
    CHONKS
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Sentinel gets a special boost in Variant 3, so if that is one of your goals, he wrecks it!
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,131 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    rank up sentinel to rank 3 and wait for a warlock or ghost to rank 4
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Will it cost a lot of units? I'm planning to Rank 3 Sentinel and bring him with Hulkbuster (R3), Wasp, Ghost, and Warlock at 4* 5/50. I can't Ghost without Wasp yet.
  • Rank up Unawakened Sentinel
    Sentinel is a beast and he has an entire quest line built around him in which he does 2x damage and as a tech won’t suffer the AAR from Magneto in there.

Ranking him up and getting through Variant 3 will triple your investment. Mine is sitting at R5 and he’s still the champ I bring out for mutants. Well, between him (it?) and Warlock
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I used a r4 Sentinel for initial V3 completion. Cant remember if he was duped, doesn't really need it if you're used to playing him. I used Sentinel vs Sentinel in 6.1.6.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    You're just making life hard for yourself if you don't utilise the Sentinel-specific global boosts throughout V3 as much as possible. Your Hulkbuster will also be a worthwhile investment.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the input, guys! Sentinel will go to R4 at least. :)