**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger: Why is this Vibranium Covered Champion Not #Metal?

I've noticed that when looking at Killmonger's tags and bio, that he is not a #Metal champion, even though the well-known Vibranium Metal is a significant part of his champion design and abilities. Would anyone know why this champion is not #Metal, or if there is a reason for this?

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I've noticed that when looking at Killmonger's tags and bio, that he is not a #Metal champion, even though the well-known Vibranium Metal is a significant part of his champion design and abilities. Would anyone know why this champion is not #Metal, or if there is a reason for this?

Because Magneto canonically cannot control Vibranium, so giving him the Metal tag wouldn't fit the purpose of having it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Because it's not metal. That is tge answer you are looking for.
    Thinking "outside of the box", or just add something that isn't there, oftens creates these type of questions that have a more simple answer than you would expect.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I think he should have the metal tag but just shouldn’t be magnetized as another Easter egg.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Because #metal in the game doesn't mean 'metal' - apparently the Devs decided that #metal actually means 'magnetic'.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Let’s be honest magneto can control everyone in the game who bleeds because the iron in your blood
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Let’s be honest magneto can control everyone in the game who bleeds because the iron in your blood

A balancing line has to be drawn somewhere.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    He cannot control non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metals. This can and has been used against him, such as in the construction of more advanced Sentinels, which were made of non-ferrous metal and plastic. Vibranium is not a ferrous metal, and he is unable to manipulate pure vibranium
  • He cannot control non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metals. This can and has been used against him, such as in the construction of more advanced Sentinels, which were made of non-ferrous metal and plastic. Vibranium is not a ferrous metal, and he is unable to manipulate pure vibranium

While your answer is a bit more detailed in bringing up Ferrous vs Non-ferrous (i.e. not iron based) Metals, Magneto actually can manipulate Non-Ferrous metal. Well... at least that's what his Wiki states 😂. Now theoretically that shouldn't be possible due to the fact that non-ferrous metals are non-magnet (try picking up Aluminum, Copper, Brass etc with a magnet, it doesn't work). Then again, it's a comic book so creators can take some creative liberties, lol.

However, as others have mentioned, Vibranium is not of Earth and has some properties that make it notably different than Earthly metals as per Marvel lore. It has the ability to absorb vibrations, also absorb and store Kinetic energy directed at it within the bonds. Now there's a limit to how much kinetic energy it can absorb before it breaks down, but in general, it's not like our Earthly metals in this sense alone. As long as it's pure Vibranium, Magneto cannot control it. If it has any Earthly metals mixed in, he can (look up Proto-Adamantium being a mix between Vibranium and Adamatium and an iteration of Captain America'a shield, Magneto could control it).

Now, as we're talking about attention to detail in regards to the #metal tag in game and Magneto having an impact on it, Omega Red comes to mind. His tentacles are made of Carbonadium, and it being a Russian attempt to copy Adamatium (yet another metal Magneto can manipulate), he is correctly tagged. Same with Wolverine, X-23, OML, and Weapon X having Adamatium. They did follow this lore to the T in not including the Black Panthers, Killmonger, and any version of Captain America. All use Vibranium (and I guess both of the Caps with shields have Pure Vibranium and not a Proto-Adamantium Shield, lol).

On a final note bringing up Wolverine and Adamatium, it'd be good times to get a bone claw clad feral version from post 'Fatal Attractions' in game. He was wiley looking during that era, and Magneto wouldn't be able to do anything as he already damn near killed Logan ripping all the Adamatium from his skeleton through his pores (see X-Men #25). Another Adamatium based lunatic I'd love to see is Cyber. Adamatium skin. That'd be good times but ultimately easily countered by our newest iteration of Magneto on that note.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Prof x is wearing cerebro on his head which should be metal
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

A balancing line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Exactly
  • So all the iron man suits have some sort of vibranium. Why is magneto magnetic to them?
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

So all the iron man suits have some sort of vibranium. Why is magneto magnetic to them?

Because they're not pure vibranium
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Because comics.

Seriously, look it up. It’s actually kinda neat
  • PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    Magnetos ability even in the comics are inconsistent and makes no sense.
    People just make up silly things to define his powers. If he can control blood he shouldnt struggle against all the humans (mutant included) he has struggled with, also he can control blood but not mercury.
    Anyways the metal tag is inconsistent in the game just like how comics works
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I think magneto is capable to control hierro, there are several metals, real or ficticios (vibranium), but he is not able to control all of them. But magneto can counter any champs who poses hemoglobin, this protein has a nucleo of hierro and would be amazing that Kabam changes the special 3 animation and magneto do something like in X men 2 movie, when he get hierro from blood of his celator and created an sphere and he destroyed his plastic prision, now you think instead the actual special 3 he did that I mean above and with that metal sphere attack like a projecti.
    I guess will look amazing.