**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'
  • Options
    I should r3 which one of these?
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,054 ★★★★★
    uhhh magneto is like the 2nd best champ in his class....hulkbuster is pretty damn great, void and colossus are great but need the dupe, colossus is still solid unduped
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,495 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

magneto you wont regret it
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

Um, with both a r5 5* mags and colussus, am i going to waste resources on a r3. Oh and by the way got both of them as 6* long before the buffs, when they were trash

ya but the cool thing is that you'll get to rank the buffed version, not the old version, so plenty worth r3
  • Options
    oh and just to squash it also omega as 5* sig 120
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
    Then tell me which ones of those 6*s are worth r3. I have mags and colossus 5* as r5... do tell
    Show me your t5 catalyst stash.
  • Options
    and gulk
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

oh and just to squash it also omega as 5* sig 120

squash what? omega being worthy of a rank 3?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Um, with both a r5 5* mags and colussus, am i going to waste resources on a r3. Oh and by the way got both of them as 6* long before the buffs, when they were trash

You do realize an R3 trumps an R5, right?
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Tell you what, ill give you those.
  • Options
    TO_GOTO_GO Posts: 8
    If you don't have a suitable champion to rank up to 6r3, I think a 100% exploration for Abyss will solve it.
    Don't just complain, make an effort.
  • Options
    Okay, rarely do I say things like this, but that just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

The only legitimate complaint I have heard thus far is about offer gate cutoffs. This is the only time-sensitive issue related to becoming a Thronebreaker. And for the people griping that “oh you need to be a whale to have an r3 champ,” then you weren’t going to buy the offer anyway and have no reason to complain about it.

What other perk of Thronebreaker is so great that you can’t wait for it? Is it the gold crystal that you’ll literally never buy? Or maybe the arena crystal which is statistically exactly the same as the lower level ones? Maybe it’s the painfully slow accumulation of cavalier crystal shards which will eventually give you yet another 3* champion. The four hour free crystals have never made an impact outside of being stockpiled for when I need potions or energy and the daily just gives me a few frags of t4b if I’m lucky. They aren’t game changers.

My point is that, in the day to day playing of the game, tier progression really doesn’t make a huge impact. The offer gates are a legitimate concern, but if you’ve cleared all the content discussed in this thread and you’re picking up offers regularly enough to be concerned about being gated out, odds are you’ve already got an r3 in your roster.

Alright, I’m ready to be yelled at now.

This is my favorite part. The same people complaining about progression being "p2w" are complaining about being gated out of offers. Absolutely fantastic
    Regular offers aren't that big an issue. But the Black Friday ones are. Because you don't need to pay to get the offers. You can just grind 15k units and get them. Just won't get the extra deals by buying an Odin or two.
    Previously, everyone used to say that 6* R3 don't matter, just some extra health and attack, and stuff could be done with R5/R2, so getting more T5cc or even selectors wasn't needed. Suddenly now R3 becomes a criteria to decide whether you're worthy of better offers? There are those who have done Act 6 100% before the nerf and don't have Aegon to reduce unit dump in Abyss for 100%. Due to **** RNG, no 6* worthy of R3 with the T5cc. Why should they lose out?
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Then tell me which ones of those 6*s are worth r3. I have mags and colossus 5* as r5... do tell
    Show me your t5 catalyst stash.
    Why not answer the question instead? You want to jump in and respond, then answer the ?
    Why don’t you prove you’re asking an honest question and are actually in a position to make any rank 3 moves.

I’ll tell you what I see, someone who has not fully explored act 6. This is evidenced by the lack of r2 6 stars or any option to rank them up with the 3 rank up gems they give you for doing that.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

The only legitimate complaint I have heard thus far is about offer gate cutoffs. This is the only time-sensitive issue related to becoming a Thronebreaker. And for the people griping that “oh you need to be a whale to have an r3 champ,” then you weren’t going to buy the offer anyway and have no reason to complain about it.

What other perk of Thronebreaker is so great that you can’t wait for it? Is it the gold crystal that you’ll literally never buy? Or maybe the arena crystal which is statistically exactly the same as the lower level ones? Maybe it’s the painfully slow accumulation of cavalier crystal shards which will eventually give you yet another 3* champion. The four hour free crystals have never made an impact outside of being stockpiled for when I need potions or energy and the daily just gives me a few frags of t4b if I’m lucky. They aren’t game changers.

My point is that, in the day to day playing of the game, tier progression really doesn’t make a huge impact. The offer gates are a legitimate concern, but if you’ve cleared all the content discussed in this thread and you’re picking up offers regularly enough to be concerned about being gated out, odds are you’ve already got an r3 in your roster.

This is my favorite part. The same people complaining about progression being "p2w" are complaining about being gated out of offers. Absolutely fantastic
    Regular offers aren't that big an issue. But the Black Friday ones are. Because you don't need to pay to get the offers. You can just grind 15k units and get them. Just won't get the extra deals by buying an Odin or two.
    Previously, everyone used to say that 6* R3 don't matter, just some extra health and attack, and stuff could be done with R5/R2, so getting more T5cc or even selectors wasn't needed. Suddenly now R3 becomes a criteria to decide whether you're worthy of better offers? There are those who have done Act 6 100% before the nerf and don't have Aegon to reduce unit dump in Abyss for 100%. Due to **** RNG, no 6* worthy of R3 with the T5cc. Why should they lose out?
    I have an incredibly hard time believing that anyone that explored act 6 in its original state has zero options to rank up.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Who ever said that R3s don't matter? The closest I recall was that their introduction wouldn't phase out everything else. Which is still true. There isn't any content dependent on the Title. Just added benefits.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    You can also grind units to get cavs but no one ever talks about that as a regular way of getting them. The vast majority of people getting even the 4th of July ot CM offers are doing so with money.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★

You can also grind units to get cavs but no one ever talks about that as a regular way of getting them. The vast majority of people getting even the 4th of July ot CM offers are doing so with money.

You were talking about those complaining about progression being p2w. Those who spend won't be complaining. It's the F2p who will have an issue with it. I'm F2p. I don't see why I should spend units that I grind for on Cavs when you can use them for content/better offers coming out there.
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

You do realize an R3 trumps an R5, right?
    You realize that even a troll should know that an awkened r5 5* vs an unawakened r3 6* with even decent play is way better, especially with the champs in question?
    It doesn't take a Troll to know an R3 6* is better in both CR and Base Stats. Not that I consider myself a Troll.
    well you need to reconsider
    Really? I counted at least 10 or 11 Champs in your Roster that are worth it, just off the top of my head. You don't think you're being too critical?
  • Options
    again, I asked which ones, no one wanted to answer that.... i have r5 void, and a 6*, i have r5 colossus, and a 6*, i have r5 mags, and a 6*.... do I need to keep going? Should I hope for a decent gambit buff, oh and I have him as sig 160ish r3 or 4
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

Umm... But there will be those who will get the title ONLY because they were lucky enough. So do they need the title? But those who got sfrrwd by RNG don't need?
    Good for them being lucky, do they need it nah they might not even deserve it or be able to make use of it but that is neither here nor there. Like I said if the title is being dictated by rng for you, you haven’t progressed far enough.
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

again, I asked which ones, no one wanted to answer that.... i have r5 void, and a 6*, i have r5 colossus, and a 6*, i have r5 mags, and a 6*.... do I need to keep going? Should I hope for a decent gambit buff, oh and I have him as sig 160ish r3 or 4

There are many Champs worth taking up in your Roster, and the whole point of a 6* R3 is that it outranks a 5* Max. You're also going to want them for Act 7 from what I've seen in the Beta, so you might want to consider their value.
  • Options
    Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★

Why couldn't they wait until they do all the changes to act 6 before rolling this out? Some of us have been waiting to finish it until these happened. It was a huge reason why they had to do the road map, so it's fair to say it was a majority of the playerbase.

I guess it shows how much my interest in this game has shifted over the last year or two. Before, when they rolled out cavalier I felt the need to push and get it as soon as possible, but now I'm more just annoyed with the requirement of the rank 3 (when these tiny amounts of tier 5 shards based on RNG haven't got me close at all). I have 3 rank 2 six stars, one duped who is worthy of rank 3 - and getting the necessary tier 5 mystic to rank them has been extremely slow and mostly because I cant choose which class I'm getting.

And that I'm waiting to push for completion because I knew there were changes coming. Some have been made but not all of what they indicated in their road map. Why did this need to come out now when they're not even 6 months into the changes they announced this summer? Just seems confusing and goes against what I thought they understood from the pressure that led to the announced changes.

cause they will probably do some special offers to throne breakers at cyber weekend and act 6 changes will be complete at december as far as i know, so ofc, more money to them