**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any one using poco phones ( Xiaomi) for Mcoc

hey guys I will like to inquire if Poco X3 phone ( September 2020 latest release) will be good for MCOC. please comment so I can make a decision to purchase

Comments

• Options
    Pascol1980Pascol1980 Posts: 62

It works fine but the game is optimised for IOS devices still, it will be slower and lag but it will run ok, like on an iPhone 7ish

thanks for the input. so compared to sammy S8+ I currently use, will it be better
  • Options
    Pascol1980Pascol1980 Posts: 62

As a new owner of the Poco x3 NFC, i would say that under 120hz display mode and with game turbo on, navigation through the menus is smooth. HOWEVER, during the actual fight itself there is little improvement probably cause kabam didn't make the game to be 120hz compatible. In fact, now i have some fights that will have drastically terrible FPS every now and then. Don't know whether its due to screen tearing from different fps, or whether is because the snapdragon 732G is new and kabam haven updated the game to run well on the snapdragon 732G chip yet.

@Kabam Miike If you are reading this, consider this my bug report and help us to play MCOC well on poco X3 NFC 🙏.

wow. thanks for the reply. have you tried switching to 60hz frame rate. Any improvement?
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Hello there,
    I just experienced a bad gameplay using Poco x3 with refresh rate = 120hz. I faced many dropped inputs and I didn't find an explaination. For the example, I tried using Ghost: Phasing and hitting only once, then Phasing again. I Got hit several times since Ghost was standing still , instead of phasing back. As soon as possible, I will make other tests (ie. lowering the refresh rate). However, I'm a bit disappointed of Poco's performances on this game: maybe there is not a perfect optimization for this device yet, don't you think? I hope so.

Best Regards,
    GhostWanted
  • Options
    FaisaljavedFaisaljaved Posts: 15
    i got this phone last night and the game works fine sometimes on 60 hz but sometimes it becomes so laggy that you cant play hope it is resolved soon
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    For me after using it a few more weeks, I would say the game works relatively fine 80% of the time and 20% of the time a battle will suddenly drop to like 30 FPS for that one battle before it goes back to relatively normal again. The only improvement I've seen so far is that for special attacks that have fancy particle effects like doctor Doom and apocalypse the FPS is fluid and 120fps like as it should and so now I'm able to dodge those more consistently.
  • Options
    yeah when it works fine its awesome but when it lags its just unplayable for me lets see what changes with next months update
  • Options
    KirillexiKirillexi Posts: 11
    Tell me please, how the game works on 60hz and 120hz and there are lags, I think to buy a smartphone.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★

As a new owner of the Poco x3 NFC, i would say that under 120hz display mode and with game turbo on, navigation through the menus is smooth. HOWEVER, during the actual fight itself there is little improvement probably cause kabam didn't make the game to be 120hz compatible. In fact, now i have some fights that will have drastically terrible FPS every now and then. Don't know whether its due to screen tearing from different fps, or whether is because the snapdragon 732G is new and kabam haven updated the game to run well on the snapdragon 732G chip yet.

@Kabam Miike If you are reading this, consider this my bug report and help us to play MCOC well on poco X3 NFC 🙏.

let me clarify to you all guys.. this issue has NOTHING to do with Kabam, it's due to a battery optimization XIAOMI made on their devices.
    What does this mean? The phone will have fps drops if you don't touch the screen for some second and if you are in the middle of a loading screen (which can take more than 3 seconds) this could possibly result in fps drop when the next fight starts (the phone will approximately play at 15-20fps. You can check this out with the power monitor) .

There isn't actually a fix for this (yet) by XIAOMI but there is a root way to disable the "dynamic refresh rate problem".

to Kabam I would like to ask if you can look at YOUTUBE app which was handled correctly to keep the maximum refresh rate even on XIAOMI devices (in fact, youtube app is set to 60Hz and will always stay like that without fps drops of any kind)
  • Options
    i am playing some other games on it and they work fine so i don't know where the problem lies
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★

I know how to handle this fps drop, just press home button and return to the game. The game smooth as ****.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★

i am playing some other games on it and they work fine so i don't know where the problem lies

other games you are playing probably need your fingers constantly touching the screen and with short loading screen.
    Which means you don't have fps drops in between since there are none or less screens to handle
  • Options
    FenrizulvFenrizulv Posts: 13
    edited April 2021
    this phone is ok.
  • Options
    nfsDLawnfsDLaw Posts: 21
    Poco x3 phone sucks it does a big random fps drop between the fight.. Attacker throws sp2 when your phone is on 120 hz and you are doing combo attack, Sometimes I am facing too much lag, Xiomi dissapointed me. Inshort don't buy this.. except this probem camera and other stuff is cool but it is not for mcoc... I saw reviews on youtube but it looks like everything was paid reviews/publicity. I'll not buy xiomi phones ever. horrible experience.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Going to revive this. I heard poco phones are great for gaming, but mcoc doesnt seem to like any android for smooth gameplay. Any thoughts?
  • Options

hey guys I will like to inquire if Poco X3 phone ( September 2020 latest release) will be good for MCOC. please comment so I can make a decision to purchase

I'm still using my PocoF1 from three years ago and it works fine for the most part. There's the unavoidable lag sometimes, but that's just the game problem. It shouldn't be a problem to run the game on a newer phone.
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Can't say about POCO devices but it works Really smooth on Xiaomi Redmi 9T.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I used redmi note 7 pro and it's fine apart part from bugs
  • Options
    GagoH said:

Going to revive this. I heard poco phones are great for gaming, but mcoc doesnt seem to like any android for smooth gameplay. Any thoughts?

I'm using a Note 20 and I don't experience the parry dex bugs, however, if I use my iPad pro, the bugs are horrible. So I would venture to say that MCOC does run well on some Android devices
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    IF YOU'RE ON ANY OF THE NEW XIAOMI PHONES DO THESE SETTINGS CHANGES (I have Mi 10TPro, previously I had Poco F1) -

I highly recommend that you uninstall and install the game again from Google Playstore.

Here are the settings screenshot and instructions-

http://imgur.com/a/zCSVRc1

Go into phone settings > Special Features > Game Turbo
    Then open settings for that.

1. Go into Performance mode and select Wifi Optimization and Enhanced Audio. Remove optimized touch controls.
    2. Next, go into Memory Exceptions and select Champions app.
    3. Next, go into Additional settings, select Champions app and set Enhanced Visuals to Strong or Extreme.
    4. Set Touch Resistant Area to Medium

Set screen refresh rate to 90Hz under Display settings.

@GagoH
  • Options
    Poco X3 has terrible dynamic frame rate causing horrible drops in fps, had to install a custom ROM, works great now.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Poco X3 has terrible dynamic frame rate causing horrible drops in fps, had to install a custom ROM, works great now.

Agreed, it's the dynamic screen refresh rate that affects these devices with high refresh rate. The software is not stable for mcoc but if you do the settings as I proposed above, Xiaomi phone recognizes it as a game consistently and keeps a stable fps