**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Addressing a relatively old controversy.

I'm gonna stop pretending to be a rock-man from the MCU for a second here, because I wanna talk about something that could use some seriousness. Allow me to explain.

The year is 2016 (no, this is not a post about demonetization, one of the many stupid decisions by Mr. Modi, and a decision somehow much worse than the farm bills that were passed pretty recently). The spotlight for the characters meant to come out in August have just been released, and the people on the Kabam forums are trying to figure out which one of the two was going to be good- Hyperion or Howard the Duck. After a lot of discussions, almost everyone came to the conclusion that Howard the Duck was going to be better than Hyperion. After the update actually landed, everyone found out that Hyperion was far, far superior. Ever since then, Hyperion has come to be known as one of the best characters in the game.

Now lets fast-forward to 2020- The September patch notes have just been released, and the people on the Kabam forums are trying to figure out which one of the two was going to be good- Professor X or Apocalypse. After a lot of discussions, almost everyone came to the conclusion that Professor X was going to be better than Apocalypse. But when he actually got released, most of the people who thought that Professor X was gonna be the superior one of the two changed their opinion. It taught me one thing- History repeats itself. And since it does, let's learn from it!

All I'm trying to say is that I don't think anyone should form their opinions about specific characters before they are released. When we read the patch notes of a character, we barely take into consideration the different nodes in AQ/AW and Act 5 and 6, and other content of the game. When we're forming opinions about a character just by reading the patch notes, we ignore so much content in the game and only look at the characters' abilities and imagine a few interactions that they could have with other characters.

That's about it. That's all I have to say. I hope you liked this serious post. Also, I'm kinda worried that people are gonna disagree the hell outta this just because of what I said about Modi.

Click-bait title: 'You're wrong, here's why:'

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    ProfessorX is better. Doesn't require synergies and has better damage output.
  • Same thing happened with Doom too, everyone thought he was gunna be trash, and now look. I agree, try them out before you shout.
  • HI_guys said:

Man , there's no way I can address the Modi part without angering Bhakths. So gonna stay mum

Can someone explain what that even means? What's a bhakth?
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Djin said:

Korg said:

Now lets fast-forward to 2020- The September patch notes have just been released, and the people on the Kabam forums are trying to figure out which one of the two was going to be good- Professor X or Apocalypse. After a lot of discussions, almost everyone came to the conclusion that Professor X was going to be better than Apocalypse. But when he actually got released, most of the people who thought that Professor X was gonna be the superior one of the two changed their opinion. It taught me one thing- History repeats itself. And since it does, let's learn from it!

Korg said:

Djin said:

That's not what the post is about.
    Really?
    Looks like you don't understand what I said. I wasn't calling Apocalypse a better character, I was just saying that the community changed their opinions about him.
    edited September 2020
    HI_guys said:

@Korg bro delete.

Nah man. I can fully understand why you'd wanna stay away from bhakts, but I don't want to. I personally think that not standing up against even the smallest problems helps enable fascism.

JAI SHREE RAM.

Please tell me this is satire.

• spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    Seriously, politics here? This is a game forum dude. We have enough ugliness here as it is. Don't bring real world **** into it. Keep that in Reddit and Twitter
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I mean I think like 1 dude made a post on a Apoc looking Apoo and everyone was defending it saying not to judge early lol
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Aziz5253 said:

Dude, that part about Indian politics was totally unrelated and uncalled for

Yeah honestly. We're talking video games here and like hardly anyone is Indian here to know or care about it really
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Hyperion and Howard were released in December, not August. If you can't even get basic facts right, how can you expect to be right about the stuff that your controversy is about?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Korg said:

Djin said:

Korg said:

Korg said:

Djin said:

That's not what the post is about.
    Really?
    Looks like you don't understand what I said. I wasn't calling Apocalypse a better character, I was just saying that the community changed their opinions about him.
    I understand you're saying that people were too quick to judge them. But what are you doing? Judging him from CCP videos.... These videos will show you the cherry on the cake but will not tell what it tastes like.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    I see you are not a andhbhakt
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited September 2020

JAI SHREE RAM.

BOLO MATA JI KI JAI