**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Archangel appreciation thread

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
The reason I created this is because I don't see this guy being talked about a lot, lately. I really don't see the reason why he'd suddenly become underrated for no reason. I see rank up and/or awakening posts with archangel in them, and I usually see people going for the other options.

In comparison to others in his class, I'd rate archangel as top 3 without a doubt. The guy is almost too valuable.
If the opponent can bleed and be poisoned; in 99% of scenarios, there is no hope for their survival.
Champs that are immune to either one or both of AA's debuffs only count for about 15% of the population.

Content-wise, archangel is one of the best for path clearing, utility and versatility. An awakened archangel vs. a non-immune opponent is as perfect a scenario as you can think of in mcoc. A few neuros, and the opponent has no ability accuracy. This affects ALL ability accuracy triggers, whether offensive, defensive or otherwise. All it it is gone when archangel has a good number of neuros. Sometimes, it only takes as little as one heavy attack, and you're in the zone! In addition to that, you've got his super easy heal block. As long as there's a neuro on the opponent, there is no healing for them. Aggression: Regen, buffet, masochism, arc overload, and other Regen nodes are simply a joke for an awakened archangel.

Archangel still remains the most valuable Champ for act 5 exploration, imo. In act 6, he's an absolute top option as well. He shuts down a good number of the annoying global nodes like no retreat, lifecycle, backblast, etc. There's a lot of nicheness in act 6 which AA simply doesn't care about.

As for variants, he can do all of them save variant 5. Even in variant 3 with the attack reduction, his neuros do so much damage to end fights with insane speed! In labyrinth, he isn't the best due to limber, but with the white Magneto synergy, I see him being viable.
In abyss, I'm not sure what to say in that regard, as I'm not quite close to that content level yet lol.

One reason I feel he's falling behind a bit is because he isn't available as a 6* in the basic pool. Once he is, I can see people's opinions turning around fast.

There's a lot more to say about him. He's got that sweet AAR immunity (bugged against glancing), which makes him great against champs like OG black widow, massacre, the collector, etc. Due to his unique abilities, you almost never need to worry about running out of neuros. His unique playstyle makes him amazing with or without suicides. His non-reliance on specials allows him to bypass nodes, setups or champs that would punish throwing them.

My rank 5 5* archangel has put in a lot of work for me. I actually use him over my most used champs like Ghost, G2099, Void, Claire, spelthy, etc. in matchups where the opponent doesn't have immunities.
Utility, insane DoT, efficiency, speed, reliability, etc. Archangel is extremely useful in today's content even though he's been around for about 3+ years. His value still holds, and he continues to shine more and more as content progresses.

(Btw, he isn't super reliant on awakening either. He's still got that insane speed without it. However, he's worth a generic imo, and he doesn't need too many sigs which is always nice to see in a champ.)

I'd love to see your thoughts below!

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yayy. love this dude
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I like archangel a lot, but I do believe that he should be able to glance because glancing bypasses aar immunity.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Archangel is great

But I don't have one in any rarity 😔😔
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

I like archangel a lot, but I do believe that he should be able to glance because glancing bypasses aar immunity.

He can be glanced. But it shouldn't affect his natural AAR immunity. The thing about his interaction with glancing is that it reduces offensive AAR by 100%. But archangel is supposed to be immune to that effect, therefore he should be able to apply his bleeds when he attacks without worry. The glancing would understandably remove his ability to crit, and reduce his attack on that hit by 50%, but his bleeds should still have the ability to proc.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I am going to say I used to not see the hype for AA. But now I do
    This man is putting in work for 5.2.4. His dupe is so good because I bypass the maso and his bleeds or poisons(I forogt which) reduce tenacity change by 25%!. Overall, I love his design because his heavy has good reach, and his play style to me is my favorite
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Why not put these as comments on the actual champs spotlight threads....
    Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Buttehrs said:

For one, they clutter the forums. And 2 you guys are spamming them now. Just stahp.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Buttehrs said:

For one, they clutter the forums. And 2 you guys are spamming them now. Just stahp.
    Its alright if you think that way. But honestly, its just talking about characters that you like. Also there are only like 10 out of like 1000 discussion on first 10-15 pages that are about character appreciation threads
    FRITO_Man said:

Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Buttehrs said:

Its alright if you think that way. But honestly, its just talking about characters that you like. Also there are only like 10 out of like 1000 discussion on first 10-15 pages that are about character appreciation threads
    That's what the champion spotlight thread is for. To talk about that specific champ. Lol
    Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Buttehrs said:

I don't remember seeing a forum rule stating we can't create threads appreciating characters. And what's your definition of spamming? These appreciation threads are entirely different, and aren't on the same subject matter. You have no idea how many people learn new things from going through threads like this one.

If you're not interested, and/or don't want to say anything constructive, then don't participate in the discussion. You're the only one complaining.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Good job posting this, a lot are under this false superstition that he does what he needs to at r4 and dont r5 him for that. Theres more nonimmune champs than there are metal champs/bleed immune so he works on more fights than mags. Not to mention his AAR is 100% (abilities can still trigger against mags since his is 70%) Too many people sleep on this guy
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    I can say for a fact that AA is an Act 5 BEAST. I blazed through 5.3 last week just because of my brand new 5* archangel. Love him sm.

He's my favourite and most used champ. I never go anywhere without him. He was my first 5* and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without it, I'd probably still be in act 1 (i only exaggerate slightly).
    Sometimes I take others in matchups that I'm used to taking AA for and get hit bc I forget about some ability that he prevents - the bleed immune DPXF in this month UC, I used Sentinel and entirely forgot about his power gain at some % health, and died.
    Every time theres new champs, the first thing I check for is immunity. If they can be bled and poisoned I don't bother bc AA will handle them. If they can't, then I think about other counters.
    For some reason I'm perfectly capable of backdrafts with him but many other champs I screw up a lot more.

One day I'll have the 6*

I was expecting your comment, cuz I'm aware of how much you love archangel.

Lol, I almost wanted to tag you in my original post, but I figured you wouldn't have difficulty finding the thread.
    GagoH said:

Good job posting this, a lot are under this false superstition that he does what he needs to at r4 and dont r5 him for that. Theres more nonimmune champs than there are metal champs/bleed immune so he works on more fights than mags. Not to mention his AAR is 100% (abilities can still trigger against mags since his is 70%) Too many people sleep on this guy

Also, I definitely agree with you. Even after the Magnetos buff, he still remains a great counter to both because of his AAR immunity.
    Also yes, that superstition is false, it's fading away nowadays due to the introduction of act 6, and more and more people are having him at rank 5, because they know his value across all pieces of content.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

He's my favourite and most used champ. I never go anywhere without him. He was my first 5* and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without it, I'd probably still be in act 1 (i only exaggerate slightly).
    Sometimes I take others in matchups that I'm used to taking AA for and get hit bc I forget about some ability that he prevents - the bleed immune DPXF in this month UC, I used Sentinel and entirely forgot about his power gain at some % health, and died.
    Every time theres new champs, the first thing I check for is immunity. If they can be bled and poisoned I don't bother bc AA will handle them. If they can't, then I think about other counters.
    For some reason I'm perfectly capable of backdrafts with him but many other champs I screw up a lot more.

One day I'll have the 6*

I was expecting your comment, cuz I'm aware of how much you love archangel.

Lol, I almost wanted to tag you in my original post, but I figured you wouldn't have difficulty finding the thread.
    Haha always happy to be tagged in an AA thread but you're right, usually I have no problem sniffing them out.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    This time I actually have this champ!
    edited September 2020
    Lol, I forgot to add that I use archangel for some all or nothing fights. They just go down so fast, a lot of the time before the opponent is even at 2 bars of power 😂
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Lol, I forgot to add that I use archangel for some all or nothing fights. They just do down so fast, a lot of the time before the opponent is even at 2 bars of power 😂

I think I used AA for that All or Nothing Ant-Man back in 5.4.6 (I hope that's the right one). AA is broken, that's all you need to say.
    RU11011 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Lol, I forgot to add that I use archangel for some all or nothing fights. They just do down so fast, a lot of the time before the opponent is even at 2 bars of power 😂

I think I used AA for that All or Nothing Ant-Man back in 5.4.6 (I hope that's the right one). AA is broken, that's all you need to say.
    Oh yeah, I remember that Ant-Man when I was exploring act 5. All or nothing, and cornered (I believe) 😂. Quake and AA remain the 2 best options for that fight. Of course I decided to use AA (I only had the 4* at the time), just for some overkill lol.

That time, he was working fine against glancing anyway. I really hope kabam finally acknowledge and fix the issues at hand in that regard soon enough
    Kill_Grey said:

RU11011 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh yeah, I remember that Ant-Man when I was exploring act 5. All or nothing, and cornered (I believe) 😂. Quake and AA remain the 2 best options for that fight. Of course I decided to use AA (I only had the 4* at the time), just for some overkill lol.

That time, he was working fine against glancing anyway. I really hope kabam finally acknowledge and fix the issues at hand in that regard soon enough
    Oh God, and I just remembered Kabam didn't touch any Ant-Mans in act 6 with micro-reflect. If archangel remains bugged against glancing, things are going to be even more sh*tty for a lot of people
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I thought a application thread would be nice to say this so I got news Taskmaster Appreciation Thread 2.0 is coming soon no exact time but it will be longer with more research put into it
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Elad17 said:

Put them together and watch Archangel shine even more !!

So jealous, your a lucky duck