**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suicides

Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
Fellow summoners,

I have recently unlocked suicides. I have some questions.

1. Who are the better champs with suicide masteries. I know that OR, Claire, Ghost etc... are the best, but who else gets major benefits?
2. Who should I not use with suicides?
3. I seem to have mentally adjusted my play style to be more aggressive, which isn't a big deal, except I'm getting hit way more frequently I used to. Is this normal? Like does the AI adjust to suicides and do the defenders get more aggressive?

I'm going to play around with them until Thanksgiving before deciding if I wasted units and cores, so any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Corvus; robots like G2099 and Warlock; others like CMM, and non-immunes that are primarily SP 3 dependent, remove/have resistances to the debuffs, or don't need to throw specials like aegon, Ronin, Havok, archangel, Magneto, human torch, hulkbuster, etc.

These also benefit.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    OR is also op with suicides
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Aegon, Magneto, Corvus all shine with these masteries.

With Aegon you can just throw sp3s. I run through RoL all the time using that method. The sp3 stuns the defender for a long time, giving you an easy way to build you combo.

Don't use champs that need to throw sp1 or 2 a lot. For example, one of my fave new champs is Prof X, but he stinks with attrition masteries (that's what I call them). Robots are good although you get no healing from willpower mastery, and recoil still impacts you.

Regen champs work well, because they can negate most of the recoil. X-23, Sorcerer Supreme, etc.

Another strategy -- if you have Fury and DPX, you can run single immunity champs with them, and you'll purify the bleed or poison at the start of the fight, and get I think 10 percent regen. It limits your teams, though, by taking two spots.

I do not know that the AI adjusts to you using masteries, but I would love to know if it does.

I run these masteries about half the time, usually during attack in AW and when grinding arena. In arena the downside of attrition masteries (recoil) don't matter, because you will finish fights faster and recoil won't kill you unless you play poorly. I am building up my roster with a focus on champs that play well with this mastery setup (G2099 is next).
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    What about GR? I mean it seems like he would get a HUGE benefit with the immunity to bleed and the attack boost.

One of the reasons I ask is because my mystics are pretty sad.... 4* Doom is really all I have out side of my 5* duped VooDoo, who I love!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

What about GR? I mean it seems like he would get a HUGE benefit with the immunity to bleed and the attack boost.

One of the reasons I ask is because my mystics are pretty sad.... 4* Doom is really all I have out side of my 5* duped VooDoo, who I love!

I guess he'd be decent with them, but he would use utility if you want to avoid recoil
    So, in general, is this a good questing team for act 5 completion?

5* r4 CMM
    5* r4 duped Killmonger - with suicides he basically starts the fight with a bar of power and I am really good with him
    5* r4 duped AA
    5* r3 G2099 or 5* r3 duped Sentinel
    5* r3 duped Red Hulk

I also have a 5* r4 Red Guardian that I love using and a 5* r3 Hype

Of course I would swap some out here and there depending on the path etc...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

5* r4 CMM
    5* r4 duped Killmonger - with suicides he basically starts the fight with a bar of power and I am really good with him
    5* r4 duped AA
    5* r3 duped Red Hulk

easily. could probably get you cav
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

5* r4 CMM
    5* r4 duped AA
    5* r3 duped Red Hulk

Lol, you can explore act 5 with that team. You can use your Guilly to cheese the entire 5.3 since the attack reduction doesn't affect her energy damage.
    Kill_Grey said:

5* r4 CMM
    5* r4 duped AA
    5* r3 duped Red Hulk

Lol, you can explore act 5 with that team. You can use your Guilly to cheese the entire 5.3 since the attack reduction doesn't affect her energy damage.
    Ahhh... did not know that! Thanks!