**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would it break the game if all fully formed t4cc crystals became selectors?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
I've been thinking a lot about this recently, and it really surprised me when I actually thought about it.

You need 13 t4cc to fully max out a 5 star champion, which means that if your luck with t4cc crystals was entirely even and fair; it would take 78 (13x6) t4cc crystals to max out your champion. And that's only if you get entirely fair luck which rarely happens. That's a whole bunch of crystals.

Okay, maybe changing all t4cc crystals to selectors would tip the balance of the game but I definitely think they should be much more accessible. Maybe just changing the crystals you get from the glory store. But 78 crystals needed is wayyy too many imo.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options

It wouldn’t be game breaking. It would massively accelerate progression rate for early player tho.

You could maybe unlock it in the glory store only after you become uncollected.
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I disagree personally. But that's bc my ally runs a lot of map 4 and 5. That's a pretty good anount of t4cc on a weekly basis. I do think that t4cc selectors being provided isn't the worst idea tho.

I also run map 5, but no one wants to be spending their precious glory on t4cc, for only a chance at the class you want when you could be buying t2a or t5b
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

You’ll eventually get to a point where if you need four or five T4CC, that you’ll just start popping hundreds of AQ and T4CC shard crystals to get the ones you need, and it won’t even make a dent in your stash.

I’m not even a super crazy advanced player and I (and everyone in my alliance) have more T4CC than we can use.

Okay I'll give my current position as an example: I have 0 mystic t4cc, and overflowing on everything else. I have 20 fully formed t4cc crystals and over 600 fragment crystals. I only want mystic. If I open my crystals I will end up completely overflowing with all the other classes that I dont need. So what do I do?
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    I mean based on your progression some things wont be problems anymore. Right now I have over 100 of those crystals unopened just chilling.
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    You can trade in 2 or 3 basics (probably 3) for class catalysts selector
  • Options

You can trade in 2 or 3 basics (probably 3) for class catalysts selector

You cant, you can trade 3 of the same class for 1 random one other than the class you traded for
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I think if we're cav (and especially if we're Throne Breaker), that all T4cc rewards should be selectors. If we're at that point in the game, why can't we target specifically the catalysts that we want to rank up champs?

I don't think the ability to level up precisely who you want to R3 as a 5* is game-breaking for the average cav player and certainly not for a Throne Breaker. Even if all T4cc rewards were selectors once you became cav or Throne breaker, you still have the catalyst limiting step of T2A, T5BC, or T5CC to stop you from taking a mass number of champs to meaningful ranks (5*R4 or 5*R5 or 6*R2). All the T4CC in the world won't matter if you don't have higher-end resources.

Maybe I'm forgetting about something, but this doesn't seem game-breaking to me.
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Qacob said:

ADDIS0N said:

You’ll eventually get to a point where if you need four or five T4CC, that you’ll just start popping hundreds of AQ and T4CC shard crystals to get the ones you need, and it won’t even make a dent in your stash.

I’m not even a super crazy advanced player and I (and everyone in my alliance) have more T4CC than we can use.

Okay I'll give my current position as an example: I have 0 mystic t4cc, and overflowing on everything else. I have 20 fully formed t4cc crystals and over 600 fragment crystals. I only want mystic. If I open my crystals I will end up completely overflowing with all the other classes that I dont need. So what do I do?
    Depends on how many you need, but, when I’ve been in that situation, I’d pop a few and see how it goes and then start to judge how comfortable I am with what’s going into overflow, vs. what I actually need, vs. what I can actually use before it expires.

If it starts to look like I’m making terrible decisions and that I am being too impatient (which it usually does), I just stop before I get too carried away and wait to do the rank up until I’m more comfortable burning through more resources.

It usually doesn’t take more than a few weeks to get everything you need.

So just be patient.
    I wanna r4 my mojo and Sorcerer supreme, so quite a lot
  • Options
    ArkhamButcherArkhamButcher Posts: 129
    A lot of people here are saying that just open crystals whenever you need some but RNG is not really reliable either. I opened 19 t4cc and had 7 science and 5 mystic in overflow. I traded them in and got another mystic from the science ones. Only got 1 cosmic(what I actually needed) from the whole exercise.
  • Options
    MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    Atleast, replace the trade-in crystals with a selector, you trade in 3 t4cc of any class for a selector this seems like a fair deal.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I've never used that trade in option.
    I just rankup whatever class I have the most T4CC in.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I think if we're cav (and especially if we're Throne Breaker), that all T4cc rewards should be selectors. If we're at that point in the game, why can't we target specifically the catalysts that we want to rank up champs?

I don't think the ability to level up precisely who you want to R3 as a 5* is game-breaking for the average cav player and certainly not for a Throne Breaker. Even if all T4cc rewards were selectors once you became cav or Throne breaker, you still have the catalyst limiting step of T2A, T5BC, or T5CC to stop you from taking a mass number of champs to meaningful ranks (5*R4 or 5*R5 or 6*R2). All the T4CC in the world won't matter if you don't have higher-end resources.

Maybe I'm forgetting about something, but this doesn't

Atleast, replace the trade-in crystals with a selector, you trade in 3 t4cc of any class for a selector this seems like a fair deal.

Yeah that sounds good, though I think you should also be able to buy them from the glory store