**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Vision AOU buff idea

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
With new champion buffs coming and more 5/6*s getting introduced I thought I’d try my hand at Vision age of Ultron

Disclaimer: I know vision isn’t the worst character out there due to his power control capabilities, however unlike OG vision he lacks any way to gain power “unnaturally” and thus his rotation is either hard to pull off or just plain annoying in some places. I’m also aware that there are champions who need buffs MUCH more than Vision but most of them have already been done about 50 times or I’ve done my own interpretations. Also IK there’s a big thread for this but nobody has used it in ages and I doubt anybody reads it anymore.

Base stats

All stats based on a 5/65 5*
Attack: 0 (not a mistake I’ll come to this later)
Health: 35,000
Crit rating: 0 (again not a mistake)
Crit damage rating: 0% (still not a mistake)
Armour rating: 0
Physical resistance: 0
Energy resistance: 0

Robotics

Vision is immune to all bleed and poison effects.

Super-intelligent AI

Vision gains +600 attack, +10% crit rate and +25% crit damage rating for every buff on him or the opponent.
Additionally for every buff on him or the opponent reduce the potency of all debuffs on Vision by 10%. Once this reduction reaches 110% become immune to all debuffs.

Whenever an immunity prevents Vision from gaining a debuff place a power burn debuffs on the opponent, burning 10% of max power over 5 seconds and dealing 600 damage.

Vision also increases his special attacks power drain potency for every buff on him or the opponent by 25%

Visions AI is disabled when he is armour broken or armour shattered. If his AI is disabled all buffs on Vision are instantly removed. Once disabled his AI will reboot after 10 seconds.

Medium attacks

50% chance to gain an Enhancement buff for 20 seconds. The enhancement buff has no effects of its own. Max enhancement stacks is 12

Light attacks

20% chance to gain an Enhancement buff for 20 seconds.

Heavy attacks

Pause all Enhancement buffs until either champion use a special attack.
Additionally refresh all debuffs on the opponent.

Special 1 attack

Drain 33% of the opponents max power. If this attack is blocked instead drain 100%.

Special 2 attack

Drain 100% of the opponents current power. This attack is unblockable.

Special 3 attack

Power drain 100% of the opponents max power. Additionally place a power lock debuff preventing the opponent from gaining power from any sources for 10 seconds. This duration is increased by 5 seconds for every Enhancement buff on Vision. If Vision has 10 of these buffs instead this power lock is permanent.

Edit: this might have been unclear but once Vision no longer has 10 Enhancement buffs the power drain is removed.

Signature ability - Machine learning AI

Gain +1-10% power gain for every buff on Vision or the opponent.
Gain +1-10% ability accuracy for every buff on Vision or the opponent.
Gain a flat +10% physical resistance for every buff on Vision or the opponent.
Gain a 10-70% chance to gain back each buff lost once AI reboots

Synergies

One with another With: Vision OG, Ultron, Ultron (age of ultron).
Visions: when dropping below 30% health initiate Backup Protocol, regenerating up to 100% of health proportionate to current power.
Ultrons: special attacks drain 50% of the opponents max power.

Creator? With: Iron Man, Iron Man IW.
Iron Man: Gain +5% power gain for every armour up buff on him. Well timed blocks grant a 25 second armour up buff. Special attacks drain 100% of the opponents max power.
Iron Man IW: increase the potency of all power drains by 100%. This is doubled whilst below 15% health
Vision: 25% for Enhancement buffs to become armour up buffs, granting +10% armour rating.

The most unusual of kinWith: Warlock
Warlock: whilst the opponent has a virus infection passively drain 1% of max power every second.
Vision: Special 2 attack inflicts a 20 seconds armour break debuff on the opponent reducing armour rating by 4200

Ethical.Engine.exe is not responding With Sentinel
Sentinel: special 1 attack now drains 10% of current power. Additionally armour breaks gain a flat +1000% ability accuracy.
Vision: +50% attack whilst fighting mutants

Digitised magic? With Guillotine 2099, Dragon Man
Guillotine 2099: power burn effects gain +10p% potency
Dragon man: whilst the opponent is cornered they are power locked.
Vision: heavy attacks now additionally nullify a buff on the opponent and convert them into an Enhancement buff on Vision.

Hope you liked this. I think his optimal playstyle without sig ability would be to use MLLLM combos, up to L2 and then repeat. With him at high sig you might want to race to L3 using MLM combos, launch it and from there just throw L2s. Most synergies just give him little boosts but with IMIW, Guilly 2099, Warlock and Ultron on the team there’s pretty much nothing Vision can’t do.

Comments

• Options
    John1002John1002 Posts: 1
    Hey TP! I also like Vision a lot, and I've been thinking about how Classic Vision can be improved in the game. He is a classic character that I love, and based on his powers he can be significantly better!

CLASSIC VISION UPDATE IDEA.

First, I think it would be amazing if Vision has a way to become intangible, missing all incoming attacks. This can be done by either performing a Special Attack, or a Heavy Attack. The phase state duration should last 3 seconds, and would have a 10 second cooldown.

Second, the Special attacks should deal actual physical damage in addition to the Power Burn Damage. Vision can also have an increased 20% - 30% attack rating on his Special 2 by increasing the density of the fist, and the ray from his Solar Gem can deal a big ammount of Incineration Damage, removing Perfect Block Chance, and reducing Block Proficiency by 45% - 50%.

Last, he can become either unstoppable, indestructible, or both! Since he can control the density of his body, he can either be as hard as a diamond, or intangible, like I said before :smile: . This unstoppable/indestructible state could be achieved by his Special 3, lasting 10 - 15 seconds, and giving him a +20% - +30% attack for 15 - 20 seconds. This state can be called "Super Density Mode".

Obviously, his actual kit would remain as it is, with the adittion of a timer that tells you when exactly Vision is going to have a burst of Power :wink:

STRENGTHS

With these updates, he can be the power control champion that we already love, but now even more epic! With his phase mechanics he can no longer worry about getting hit, and counterattack all the way! His ability to gain power trhrough his Signature Ability can now be more useful! With his Special Attacks buffed he can defeat foes with ease :blush: . His incineration damage can also come in handy in many situations!

WEAKNESSES

As you already know, Vision is a #Robot, and #Metal champion. This means that he is heavily affected by Magetism, and Armor Shattered. His phase state can no longer work with champions that counters this mechanic, like Nick Fury, Magneto, of Human Torch. His incineration damage will not be effective on Incinerate inmune champions, and since his Solar Ray is an energy-attack based, it can be a disadvantage when facing Havok, Human Torch, or Bishop.

I really like this character in the game, and I would love to see any improvements to him! I should think about synergies as well, but right now this is what I have in mind :smiley:

I hope you guys like this idea!