**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

First Beyond God Tier Champ of 2020!

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Our boy CGR was nerfed before the gameplay vids came out @KDSuperFlash10
    Guess now we'll have to entertain these arguments about whether he's top dog or not
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Guess now we'll have to entertain these arguments about whether he's top dog or not

Yeah lol

At least the CCP vids were all of him post-nerf. However, the deep dive was all gameplay of him pre-nerf. So there's that.

The fight to prove why CGR is so good continues! 😂
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Yeah lol

At least the CCP vids were all of him post-nerf. However, the deep dive was all gameplay of him pre-nerf. So there's that.

The fight to prove why CGR is so good continues! 😂
    Agree
    The numbers did look toned down tbh but then again who knows what they ran in the deep dive (boosts, synergies, etc). All in all still amazing. I think it's more realistic now anyway.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Ok if direct character buffs don’t count... we have apoc. Apoc himself is “beyond god tier” and he can make at LEAST 3 mutants into “beyond god tier” champs. Either way your argument that CGR is the first character to get an certain subjective position on a British man’s tier list is complete bs.

Ah your argument.
    I was saving the best for last.
    Hang on to your horses.
    I definitely think that Apocalypse is an incredible champion and stands beside CGR. Hell, he could even stand above him with what he brings to the game.
    But that's not the argument I want to make with you. I'm going to refer to your second post about Big Yellow Numbers making the champ Beyond God Tier.
    Sure, that's the first thing we all looked at and the first thing we were all expecting.
    But what I absolutely love about Cosmic Ghost Rider are his double immunities and sheer viability for the following nodes: Biohazard, Caltrops, Freezer Burn, Diss Track & Buffed Up (which are very common and can be tricky if you don't have the right champs). I'm so glad CGR fits into this category of right champs.
    Second, he has a small bit of utility in his sig ability, it might require high skill cap to get the timing right but again, small bit of utility to place Power Lock, Heal Block & Fate Seal on the opponents (with additional direct damage, as if his damage wasn't already enough).
    He also has really high block proficiency, higher than Doctor Doom it seems.
    And access to a ton of buffs in his kit including a delicious Power Gain and Unblockable.
    Now, I've reserved my doubts for his rotation and its practicality in Act 6, Abyss, etc. but the released videos look promising.
    Now let's zoom out a little bit, we must remember that Cosmic Ghost Rider is a Cosmic champ, and as a Cosmic champ he has all the ingredients you want to see in one (buffs, big yellow numbers, Power Gain) and more (Heal Block, Power Lock, Fate Seal, which are arguable Mystic traits). Combine that with his block prof and double immunities and what do you get?
    A Beyond God Tier champ.
    Ah, the thesis has been restored.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Word of caution for those on the hype train.
    Yes he has crazy damage, but so does Cull Obsidian and Proxima Midnight, but why aren’t they beyond god tier? A hint, damage alone doesn’t bestow BGT.

A thing I’ve noticed that the community always seems to miss is the burden that is any damage rotation cycle and how tight of a window kabam habitually designs them as if they’re only designed based on fights against super aggressive ais. If you look at most of the beyond god tier champions what makes them BGT is their utility, usually immunities, high damage and most important of all their simplicity in accessing their high damage.

From what I’ve seen CGR damage rotation looks great in ROL, but will be frustration when the ais don’t play along. They’ll either be too defense, their specials or mechanics will get in the way as well as the nodes and most annoying of all you’ll inevitably hit that break wall of an sp3. It’s hard to say if CGR will have that problem because it looks like they took these things into consideration when designing him, but until the players actually get their hands on him it’ll be hard to say.

There’s also a huge difference between Corvus and CGR and that’s ease of use. I’ll take building up charges over an annoying damage rotation cycle any day, but that may just be due to my ocd. I want to like him, but I just know the ais are going to screw me out of his precision judgement a majority of the time which will make rage. I will give props to Kabam for basically fixing everything they did wrong with Surfer. As complex as CGRs damage loop is I’ll put up with it easily over Lemon Surfers lol. The work definitely looks to be worth the effort and CGR has in my opinion some real utility and immunities.

Also why go with a Seatin vid lol, rarely does he play champions effectively especially when Karate Mike has this banger of a video that’s short and sweet to the point. A 30 min video come on... Not helping your case.

https://youtu.be/VxWWAQU9ms0
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Lunae said:

Word of caution for those on the hype train.
    Yes he has crazy damage, but so does Cull Obsidian and Proxima Midnight, but why aren’t they beyond god tier? A hint, damage alone doesn’t bestow BGT.

A thing I’ve noticed that the community always seems to miss is the burden that is any damage rotation cycle and how tight of a window kabam habitually designs them as if they’re only designed based on fights against super aggressive ais. If you look at all the beyond god tier champions what makes them BGT is their utility, usually immunities, high damage and most important of all their simplicity in accessing their high damage.

From what I’ve seen CGR damage rotation looks great in ROL, but will be frustration when the ais don’t play along. They’ll either be too defense, their specials or mechanics will get in the way as well as the nodes and most annoying of all you’ll inevitably hit that break wall of an sp3. It’s hard to say if CGR will have that problem because it looks like they took these things into consideration when designing him, but until the players actually get their hands on him it’ll be hard to say.

There’s also a huge difference between Corvus and CGR and that’s ease of use. I’ll take building up charges over an annoying damage rotation cycle any day, but that may just be due to my ocd. I want to like him, but I just know the ais are going to screw me out of his precision judgement a majority of the time which will make rage. I will give props to Kabam for basically fixing everything they did wrong with Surfer. As complex as CGRs damage loop is I’ll put up with it easily over Lemon Surfers lol. The work definitely looks to be worth the effort and CGR has in my opinion some real utility and immunities.

Also why go with a Seatin vid lol, rarely does he play champions effectively especially when Karate Mike has this banger of a video that’s short and sweet to the point. A 30 min video come on... Not helping your case.

https://youtu.be/VxWWAQU9ms0

True, true, true & true.
    I did post that Karatemike vid somewhere else, it's really something.
    I went with the Seatin vid because he posted first and it was 30 minutes long (extensive gameplay).
    Lagacy's vids were great too .. drop him some likes poor lad went deep into the just abyss to get us some CGR action.

You know what I really didn't like about the nerf? The reduced duration on Cruelty & Precision from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    His rotation was already complicated enough without them having to reduce the duration.
    I'm hoping, sheer hoping it won't have a noticeable impact on his rotation.
  • Options
    TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    LMAOOO this post got lit up cause of random seatin hate and you wording it incorrectly, CGR is definitely beyond god tier lol, he has double immunities and dexing isn't a problem when you have Dr Doom levels of block proff and there's plenty utility across the board.

Also I also don't agree with "first BGT of the year" and people didn't mention Guardian while correcting OP lol ? Guardian is still the best new champ released and I can write an essay on why he's beyond god tier
  • Options

LMAOOO this post got lit up cause of random seatin hate and you wording it incorrectly, CGR is definitely beyond god tier lol, he has double immunities and dexing isn't a problem when you have Dr Doom levels of block proff and there's plenty utility across the board.

Also I also don't agree with "first BGT of the year" and people didn't mention Guardian while correcting OP lol ? Guardian is still the best new champ released and I can write an essay on why he's beyond god tier

I know 😂 I'm just going according to Seatin's list for now .. I haven't tested Guardian extensively but I know he's solid. Not sure about BGT, his ramp up seems to take time. Only one I'd vouch for at this point is Apoco. Insane character.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

I know 😂 I'm just going according to Seatin's list for now .. I haven't tested Guardian extensively but I know he's solid. Not sure about BGT, his ramp up seems to take time. Only one I'd vouch for at this point is Apoco. Insane character.
    If sunspot is BGT then Guardian is easily BGT. He's sunspot but better oriented at what he does with more utility.

Also most fights are over with an SP1 --- SP2 rotation so he isn't really a long ramp-up champion
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

If sunspot is BGT then Guardian is easily BGT. He's sunspot but better oriented at what he does with more utility.

Also most fights are over with an SP1 --- SP2 rotation so he isn't really a long ramp-up champion
    By that logic, if Corvus and Nick Fury are BGT then Hit-Monkey is BGT because Hit Monkey is kinda what you get when you mix the two.
  • Options

Rookiie said:

He definitely has more utility than Sunspot.
    But I remember in the earlier gameplay videos they would take him up to 21 or 22 Force Field charges. I'm guessing you don't need that much.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

He definitely has more utility than Sunspot.
    But I remember in the earlier gameplay videos they would take him up to 21 or 22 Force Field charges. I'm guessing you don't need that much.
    Guardian is Tech Sunspot with higher ramp up capability
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Speaking of guardian, I'm going hard on featureds in hopes of getting him. I've got the gems I can use to take him up straight to rank 5 and awaken. It would be a more worthwhile investment than hulkbuster.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Speaking of guardian, I'm going hard on featureds in hopes of getting him. I've got the gems I can use to take him up straight to rank 5 and awaken. It would be a more worthwhile investment than hulkbuster.

@Mcdonalds can't believe you said that
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Nice @Kill_Grey
    I really want him too but no luck so far
    I opened 3 how many have you opened? And did you pull Professor X?
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

The collective intellect of the masses is far greater than a handful.

That's an idealistic statement.
    Let me give you an example:
    The collective intellect of the masses also perceived Doom to be a noodle until somebody with intellect figured out his rotation.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nice @Kill_Grey
    I really want him too but no luck so far
    I opened 3 how many have you opened? And did you pull Professor X?
    @Rookiie I've opened 4. Got Angela dupe, shehulk, sasquatch and QUAKE!

But yeah, still hunting for guardian.
  • Options
    I got hella lucky on my featured pulls lol, opened 5 and got couple duds but I got what I was looking for
  • Options

I got hella lucky on my featured pulls lol, opened 5 and got couple duds but I got what I was looking for

Wow Prof X and that would have been jackpot
    Insane luck dude congrats
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think you guys seriously overestimate the "skill" needed to play him
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

I think you guys seriously overestimate the "skill" needed to play him

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I think if you can play him right he is beyond god tier. just like quake if u can't play her people will think she sucks.
  • Options
    Also why are some people saying that his rotation is "hard" ????

CGR has multiple rotations for both short, medium and long fights and his not being able to dex one time before sp2 gets offset by his super high block proff

Not to mention getting to an SP2 or SP3 is child's play with his power gain buff which is ridiculously potent when it's proced as the 3/4/5th judgment
  • Options

Also why are some people saying that his rotation is "hard" ????

CGR has multiple rotations for both short, medium and long fights and his not being able to dex one time before sp2 gets offset by his super high block proff

Not to mention getting to an SP2 or SP3 is child's play with his power gain buff which is ridiculously potent when it's proced as the 3/4/5th judgment

yea he has a lot of options which is nice
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

I think if you can play him right he is beyond god tier. just like quake if u can't play her people will think she sucks.

Quake is a completely different kind of skill. Quake doesn’t even have a standard rotation or cycle. Quake’s “rotation” can work fully as intended almost anywhere. From what it seems, in fights where CGR can get his full and best rotation (which right now seems like anywhere outside of RoL) his damage is significantly hindered.
  • Options

Quake is a completely different kind of skill. Quake doesn’t even have a standard rotation or cycle. Quake’s “rotation” can work fully as intended almost anywhere. From what it seems, in fights where CGR can get his full and best rotation (which right now seems like anywhere outside of RoL) his damage is significantly hindered.
    yea but it's the same thing Quake can be difficult. I guess we have to wait and see when he comes out but he looks awesome.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

yea but it's the same thing Quake can be difficult. I guess we have to wait and see when he comes out but he looks awesome.
    Yes this is exactly what I’m trying to say people! WAIT UNTIL THE CHAMP RELEASES!
  • Options

Yes this is exactly what I’m trying to say people! WAIT UNTIL THE CHAMP RELEASES!
    lol