**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The TRUTH about the Cosmic Ghost Rider "nerf"

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
I've been hearing a lot people saying that cosmic ghost rider got "nerfed" and the deep dive was all fake and misleading and whatnot but I don't believe that was the case at least not damage output wise.

There were several points in the deep dive where the abilities shown on screen were in fact the abilities the CCP showed which was post nerf. I'll go over a few of the ones I picked up on.

At 0:41 (of the deep dive that is) it says upon reaching 5 judgments the opponent is power locked for 6 seconds. Before the nerf this was 5 seconds. It also says when power lock expires or fails to apply, the opponent gets inflicted with an armour break for each judgement reducing armour by 537. Before the nerf this armour reduction was around 1130. You can tell these armour breaks were from a 6r3 and not a lower rarity as in the background the adrenaline symbol, [+💔30], and the rank, 3/45 present. Further along the video, at 2:35, the abilities on screen state that the precision and cruelty buffs last for 10 seconds as opposed to the 15 second pre-nerf. Dave flat out says at 3:00 the precision lasts for 10 seconds.

Sure you may be thinking that some parts of the deep dive were pre-nerf and some were post nerf but I have a hard time thinking that a well known and highly respected member of the MCOC community i.e. Dave would go out of his way and edit the video as such.

But hey if u want to ignore everything I've said up to this point, let's talk numbers. After all they dont lie right?

From several post nerf CCP videos we can see CGR hitting mediums ranging between 30 to 45k at maximum ramp up at a power level of 5r5 or 6r2. Well if u scale that damage up to a 6r3 with suicides, hitting 60 to 70k mediums is about where it should be. Here's why:

Courtesy of auntm.ai we know that at rank 2 CGR has an attack value of 2500 and at rank 3 CGR it's 2965. If we add 60% (from suicides) on to 2965 that we get an attack value of 4744. Divide 4744 by 2500 and that gives u 1.89... What this means is that the attack from a 6r3 with suicides was increased by a factor of 1.89 at 6r2 without suicides. (I may not have worded this part the best but I assure u this is factually correct). So if u multiply 40k (which was the damage from a medium without suicides) by the factor at which attack was increased (1.89...) u get around 75k mediums. Which like I said is about where it should be.

At the start of this post I said CGR may not have been nerfed from a damage output perspective what I believe they did nerf about him was the duration of the precision and cruelty only. The 1130 armour reduction could've been just a typo. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

This is still all speculation and I may have just wasted your time but it would been nice if kabam could clarify on what was pre-nerf, if any at all, and what was post nerf in regards to the deep dive.

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Dave doesn’t make the deep dives, he only voices them.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    If deep dive video is post nerf then CCP members can also do 75k medium with 6r3 CGR. All it takes is 5 judgement Armor Breaks, 6 sp2 Armor Breaks, 1 Aptitude, 2 Cruelties, 1 Precision, 1 Fury, under Assassin range and suicide mastery active.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

Dave doesn’t make the deep dives, he only voices them.

I guess it would be unfair to assume he had a hand in the actual gameplay itself but he does edit the deep dives.