**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IWIM heavy attack

zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,156 ★★★★★
According to his description the first hit of his heavy attack comes with a nice boost to his attack rating, but in practice you really don't see any difference in damage from the first and second hits. Is the attack rating increase actually being applied or is it only stated in the description and missing in the gameplay? With suicides and the attack increase I'd expect the first hit to hit much harder than it actually does.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Who is IWIM? Did you mean Iron Man infinity War? IMIW?

No, that one is a different champion. He meant to say Infinity War Iron Man.

As for the question, the attack increase does get applied there. This is very noticeable when you convert incinerate and shock debuffs in to a plasma, by using the heavy attack. The damage will be higher than a medium attack conversion
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    maybe the first hit is just weaker than the second and the attack rating makes it similar
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I have to agree that it does seem odd that they specifically target that hit of the heavy in his abilities for increased attack damage if they never intended it to do much.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

maybe the first hit is just weaker than the second and the attack rating makes it similar

I'd considered that which is why I didn't make it as a bug post and more asking if its being applied correctly. I know he's not a big damage champ to begin with but running full suicides and the hit being the lone in the heavy with the attack increase (bringing to over 6k attack for that one hit) it would be stronger than it is.
    yeah im not sure if there's any way to tell