**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Damage or Utility

manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
would you rather have a high damage output character with no utility or have a mega utility character that has no damage?

Damage or Utility 80 votes

Damage
38%
MaiicolDiazAb_SamadRbk19TheHoodedDormammumanveertherealLmaoPrylankAleorMaxGamingDrBrad2008OGAvengerDeaconKRANꓘArsozAATTRenaxqqSneakyWarriorAmadordegamer99Soyheyor123ABLE_G19 31 votes
Utility
61%
PalanthraxRaganatorDelta_14FineDognameplasLvernon15JBC8916wegnerkSw0rdMasterPizzabeatHilldarPizzaGuy245Texas_1110or_StrongDaphboyRaichu626RookiieThatOneMasterGamerRockypantherxEtjama 49 votes

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    didn’t we just have a poll like this
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Mcdonalds said:

Killmonger is considered one of the best skills because of his utility. In a regular showcase against a Bleed immune champ, the damage isn't there, but against some of the most insane act 6 nodes, he can put in quite the work

Warlock is highly regarded for his utility and so is Red Guardian

THANK YOU!

Utility all freaking day
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Damage
    Corvus.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Corvus.

Corvus is a beast fur utility. Anyways, claires my fav, and she be utilitying, so imma go the utility path
    Claire is like the mystic warlock or void
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Killmonger is considered one of the best skills because of his utility. In a regular showcase against a Bleed immune champ, the damage isn't there, but against some of the most insane act 6 nodes, he can put in quite the work

THANK YOU!

Utility all freaking day
    glad I could be insightful for once
    You praised Killmonger, what did you expect?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Utility
    C̶o̶s̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶G̶h̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶̶̶̶R̶i̶d̶e̶r̶
    Utility all the way
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Monke said:

Rookiie said:

Utility all the way

CGR awakened might have decent utility. You got that heal block, power lock, and fate seal active which could really well in some match ups. He's got an armor break auto on villains and vigilance. Overall tho, might not be the best.
    Lol I know he has utility
    The intention of the comment was to transcend the poll with CGRs greatness
    Cgr is the cosmic version of sunspot. all damage and very little utility. its why we need more balanced champs like warlock, omega, Claire, void, cap, red guardian, namor, and hit monkey
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    Utility
    I try to have a good mix of both, but when it comes down to it, KIllmonger puts in work everywhere because of his utility.
    Rookiie said:

Monke said:

Rookiie said:

Utility all the way

CGR awakened might have decent utility. You got that heal block, power lock, and fate seal active which could really well in some match ups. He's got an armor break auto on villains and vigilance. Overall tho, might not be the best.
    Lol I know he has utility
    The intention of the comment was to transcend the poll with CGRs greatness
    Cosmic ghost rider is the new doom. All damage and overrated but are outclassed by the og's
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Utility
    Think of Warlock vs Domino. Warlock is clearly superior although he has worse damage.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Utility
    In the late game you need to be able to deal with a lot of weird nodes and have counters for very specific champs. So if you have to choose between someone with a high attack value who can't actually hit an evade champ, or someone who ignores evade but hits like a pillow, the choice is painful but obvious. Same goes for glass canons who die on Caltrops or Freezerburn or similar nodes vs weak champs who can actually survive long enough to win.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    FineDog said:

In the late game you need to be able to deal with a lot of weird nodes and have counters for very specific champs. So if you have to choose between someone with a high attack value who can't actually hit an evade champ, or someone who ignores evade but hits like a pillow, the choice is painful but obvious. Same goes for glass canons who die on Caltrops or Freezerburn or similar nodes vs weak champs who can actually survive long enough to win.

Flashbacks to incinerate 100% 6.2.5 Venompool and I had to use silver surfer......
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Ghost, G99, archangel, Stealthy, CMM are some of my most used champs, and they have both.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    A little from column A, a little from column B.

Different situations have different needs. If I don't need a specific utility, then I'll take a damage a higher damage champ. If I need a specific utility, then I'll take that instead.

It's not really an apples to apples thing.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Damage
    Don't get me wrong utilities are such an important part of game that I can't describe but if I don't need it I'll choose damage over utilities on any day (twice on Sunday) cause when you reached a point where opponents has 10k to 15k attacks its just better to kill them off asap before you get clipped
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Quake. Enough said
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Monke said:

You get another insightful from me
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Anyday Everyday
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Damage
    So y’all would take dormommu over gamora?
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Damage
    Lets finish a fight faster
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Nah the best are no immunity, no abilities, and Groot level dmg. Absolutely MENTAL
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Personally I think this is a false choice, because the best champs have a balance of both, but I will say that when I'm facing a hard fight I am almost never asking which champ has enough damage for the fight, I'm asking which champ has the best abilities to counter the fight. I think about utility far more often than I think about damage.

Plus, a low damage champ with the right utility can have its damage boosted. A high damage champ without the right utility rarely has the same option. You're usually pumping boosts into utility champs, and revives into high damage (low utility) champs. Boosts are generally cheaper.