**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to Make Red Skull A Good Champion

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
Red Skull is really close to being a solid champ. He just needs a few small tweaks to make him into a solid one.
1. Change the way his powerdrain ability works. As it is right now, it's useless because the only way you can powerdrain is to block, which consumes your armor up buffs which massively reduces your damage output. The easiest way to tweak this to make it good, is to make so that Parries do not consume an armor up buff but still powerdrain.
2. Have each buff on Red Skull increase the potency of his shocks off his sp2 as well as increasing the duration.
3. Double the duration of his healblock off his heavy.
4. Change his sig so whenever you heavy the opponent, you deal the shock debuff rather than heavy-intercepting.
That's it.
Red Skull is a good champion, but his inability to parry without sacrificing your damage and the near uselessness of sig ability stops him from being good. These four changes would make RS a solid champion!

Comments

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I got Red Skull as my first 4 star during the Squirrel Event, January of this year. He carried me through a lot of content up to Act 4 and I thought he was really strong. Lol. Reevaluating, he lacks a lot of practicality. I agree with the first point and yes, the sig is useless.
  • Options

I got Red Skull as my first 4 star during the Squirrel Event, January of this year. He carried me through a lot of content up to Act 4 and I thought he was really strong. Lol. Reevaluating, he lacks a lot of practicality. I agree with the first point and yes, the sig is useless.

He does have some good niche utility: his armor makes him a good havok counter, his block proficiency is the highest in the game, his shocks gain duration with the more buffs he has, not a lot of characters are shock immune still, and he has a very strong power drain off his sp3. If he could powerdrain and not lose an armor up buff when he parries, he would have a very reliable powerdrain ability as well.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I like this
  • Options
    Thanks guys, hopefully Kabam sees this
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I dunno they seem to like to keep the nazis weak. like punisher 2099 and redskull on release. might be intentional?
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Maybe even have each amour up give him like additional attack or something.
  • Options
    WRIR said:

I dunno they seem to like to keep the nazis weak. like punisher 2099 and redskull on release. might be intentional?

Regardless of if they’re Nazis, they shouldn’t be useless. P2099 is a beast now but RS needs to be fixed, especially since he’s used with P2099 now.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

He does have some good niche utility: his armor makes him a good havok counter, his block proficiency is the highest in the game, his shocks gain duration with the more buffs he has, not a lot of characters are shock immune still, and he has a very strong power drain off his sp3. If he could powerdrain and not lose an armor up buff when he parries, he would have a very reliable powerdrain ability as well.
    If anyone here knows a thing or two about Red Skull, it would be me, proud owner of a 5/65 sig 200 version. Everything you said in the post is extremely logical with how he works and would still somewhat keep the playstyle that he has. I do have a question though... why has Kabam said nothing and done nothing with Red Skull for the past 2 years? No synergies, buffs, or anything, not even in the storyline I believe. Do they not realize he exists as a champion? I’d really like a response from Kabam on what they were intending with the champ and where they will go forward for him. He is indeed the Worst champion we have had in almost the last 3 years.