**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Champ you have/like but don’t use & vice versa

KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Is there a champ you wanted but come to not like or use and then a champ you were sour about getting but find you use often?

Mine are
5*Stealth suit I wanted bad and got but barely use. He’s my top champ
6* Claire, heard she was great and op but wasn’t too tickled beside she being a “trophy” 6*. However I find she’s now a permanent addition to my quest team

My second account would be
5* hitmonkey, I went hard for him but now using him I’m not sure how much I actually like him.
6* tigra, I got her off the feature and was indifferent initially but with MD she changes a lot

Comments

  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Stark spidey. Super happy when I got him. I've barely ever used him and regret the 4 t2a used in ranking him.

    I wasn't very happy when I pulled Sentinel.
    I use him a ton.
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    IMIW he is a AW defender arena and incursions that's it
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    A few months ago, I used Corvus for almost everything in the game. Now not so much, not because he's bad or because his value went down, but because I started using champs like Ghost and Doom a lot more. I still use Corvus for AQ and AW. Same thing with Domino and Stealth Spidey.

    As for champions that grew on me after pulling them, I'd have to go with Colossus, Stark Spidey, Claire Voyant, Invisible Woman, Longshot, Mojo and Quake.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    Thing: He was my first good 5 star and I was super happy to pull him until I realised his damage while not being bad is mediocre without synergies and these days, he serves no purpose except on AW defense.

    Sentry: He was my first 3 star way back in April or May of 2018. I was initially disappointed since he was trash but his animations and overall feel was one of the first things that kept me hooked on the game and so, I used him everywhere up until the later chapters of act 4. Now I have a 5* star Sentry and am hoping he gets buffed soon !
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I wasn't too fussed about getting hulkbuster from a nexus 5* at first. Nowadays, he has really proven his worth, and my new goal for the featured crystals is to awaken him naturally, then use my rank 5 gem on him.

    Another one I wasn't particularly fussed about was sorcerer supreme. Also from a 5* nexus. She's also proven to be extremely valuable, and definitely a more worthwhile investment that my sym supreme. Can't wait to take her to rank 5.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Not gonna lie, when I first pulled Fury about a year ago, I wasn't overly enthused. I got him from a featured 6* crystal and haven't duped him since. Now he's one of my favorite champs to use in quests for obvious reasons, even without his LMD.

    Another win, surprisingly, is Surfer...though a lot of quest material seems to have been made for him lately. Looking at you, Energy Adoptions.

    A champ I was stoked for and find I don't like or use very much? Look no further than Bishop. Ooooh, I made that mistake when he first came out to grind his arena, thinking he'd be good...
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

    Kinda Disappointed:

    Corvus - Straight to R4 but not as game-changing as I thought he would be. Maybe until I unlock suicides.

    Namor - He needs to be awakened and at a high sig. Okaaay, bench.

    Wow factor:

    Sorcerer Supreme - I got her twice in the same day. One from a basic 5* Crystal and then from a 5* Mystic/Science Dual. After trying to use her and learning the groove, I immediately R4'ed her and has been very helpful in a lot of content.

    Colossus - From 'Hmm, okay, I heard he's good' to 'Damn! 150K!? That crit was naaasty!'

    Corvus is the kind of champion that get's exponentially better the further you rank him up. At rank four he'll struggle with a lot of content but at rank 5 he has a ton of uses in act 6, high level AQ and AW. My six star unawakened rank 2 was super valuable in exploring parts of act 6 and I use him often in AQ. He's also great for incursions if that's something that matters to you
    When I pulled him, I told myself that I'll get him to R5 instantly but now I have to wait for suicides first and see if he'll make the cut.

    I play Incursion regularly and I hear that he's quite good there. I might consider that. I use Quake, though. I wait for Tide of Combat.
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Colossus- i was so sad when i pulled him. i thought his buff was nothing great plus I really wanted that Corvus next to him. I can now safely say that I am so happy that that crystal stopped on Colossus, not Corvus as Colossus has earned a permanent spot on my team.

    Silver Surfer- This was back when i used to care what i got from my six star crystals. i was so mad because my six star crystal rolled over two dooms in a row but after playing around with Surfer, hes actually not that bad and I will r2 him when i have 20+ r5 champs.

    Thing- I was so stoked when i got him. i used to play with him all the time with his synergy team, and I was dumbfounded by the damage. This means that when i stopped playing him with synergies, i found him underwhelming af. I probably wouldn't have took him to r5 if my ally didnt need a aw boss. Im so glad i did rank him tho, because the scale in damage and health is so noticeable from r4 to r5. He throws 9k mediums with 60 furies without the clobbering time thing from sp3, and with clobbering time he throws out 16k mediums usually.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yondu - I like his animations but he is just not useful.

    Thing - I thought he was a great champion and I R5 my 4*, but without his synergies he is just meh. So he's only an AWD.

    Same thing with my NF. I have a R5 4* awakened, but I still don't have skill to dex all specials. He takes too many damage so he costs too many revives. Without his decoy destroyed, he's just a bleeder with no utility. I do have a 5* Hela and 4* Heimdall, but that's too many spots to make him useable.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★
    Mine is kind of both: Corvus

    Was super happy to pull him from a basic the day he was released into them. Didn’t know much about him, just that he was really good.

    Didn’t use him for 2 years. Found him extremely underwhelming. Made me really hate him.

    Recently got suicides and took him to R5. Use him in AQ every day. Still not a fan, still think he’s overrated, but he is a staple in AQ so I guess you could say I use him a ton
  • Options
    Ronin - dude looks amazing but he just doesn’t put out.
    I love BPCW but again he doesn’t really cut the mustard. I’ve used my classic BP a little bit recently tbough
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Ones I wasn’t fussed on - IMIW, OML, Tigra, Elsa.

    OML was my first 5* on my mini. Was gutted but found out he was a really good path clearer with sabretooth especially. Had him as my first r4 pre buff. Now he’s beast at r5 and still use him everywhere teamed with colossus.

    IMIW was my first 6* on same account. Wouldn’t say I was upset, more meh. I’ve used him a ton, his power control, non contact attacks and block proficiency have come in so handy.

    Elsa and tigra massive growers just really fun to play, great animations and cool utilities/abilities. Both I got and duped from featured crystals while looking for other champs, hence not being fussed at the time.


    One I was excited about was G99, I needed more bleed immunity. I’ve persevered with her and ironically she’s my top champ on my main account but I found her both frustrating and boring to play. I’ve got over the quirks of her use but still find her animations amongst the least satisfying or engaging of all my ranked champs.

    Similarly Thing. Was hyped to get him but he’s laborious to use unless running the full synergy team which I have zero use for. Still trot him out for shock or nullify immunity situations but always begrudgingly.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

    Ones I wasn’t fussed on - IMIW, OML, Tigra, Elsa.

    OML was my first 5* on my mini. Was gutted but found out he was a really good path clearer with sabretooth especially. Had him as my first r4 pre buff. Now he’s beast at r5 and still use him everywhere teamed with colossus.

    IMIW was my first 6* on same account. Wouldn’t say I was upset, more meh. I’ve used him a ton, his power control, non contact attacks and block proficiency have come in so handy.

    Elsa and tigra massive growers just really fun to play, great animations and cool utilities/abilities. Both I got and duped from featured crystals while looking for other champs, hence not being fussed at the time.


    One I was excited about was G99, I needed more bleed immunity. I’ve persevered with her and ironically she’s my top champ on my main account but I found her both frustrating and boring to play. I’ve got over the quirks of her use but still find her animations amongst the least satisfying or engaging of all my ranked champs.

    Similarly Thing. Was hyped to get him but he’s laborious to use unless running the full synergy team which I have zero use for. Still trot him out for shock or nullify immunity situations but always begrudgingly.

    If it's a 6*, I'd have LOVED to take that Guilly off your hands.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    @Kill_Grey no, 5* dude. Been pumping stones into her. She’s useful NGL, just don’t get excited about using her.

    I think it’s a combination of the sounds and animations having no aggression or snap like for eg she hulk, NT, capiw and no big yellows to get excited about like say colossus or domino. It’s all very linear and repetitive, albeit effective. For all the 💩 domino gets what excites me about her, and you could put champs like SW in this category, is not knowing exactly what you’re gonna get.


  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

    @Kill_Grey no, 5* dude. Been pumping stones into her. She’s useful NGL, just don’t get excited about using her.

    I think it’s a combination of the sounds and animations having no aggression or snap like for eg she hulk, NT, capiw and no big yellows to get excited about like say colossus or domino. It’s all very linear and repetitive, albeit effective. For all the 💩 domino gets what excites me about her, and you could put champs like SW in this category, is not knowing exactly what you’re gonna get.


    Yeah, I kinda understand what you mean. Ever since I completed act 6, I've been able to get, rank up and play around with other Champs. She's still my fav, but for now that I'm not doing cavalier difficulty (done for the month), or act 6, I haven't been able to use her as much (besides, there's war season, and she makes for a pretty good boss even without Flow).
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

    Berjibs said:

    @Kill_Grey no, 5* dude. Been pumping stones into her. She’s useful NGL, just don’t get excited about using her.

    I think it’s a combination of the sounds and animations having no aggression or snap like for eg she hulk, NT, capiw and no big yellows to get excited about like say colossus or domino. It’s all very linear and repetitive, albeit effective. For all the 💩 domino gets what excites me about her, and you could put champs like SW in this category, is not knowing exactly what you’re gonna get.


    Yeah, I kinda understand what you mean. Ever since I completed act 6, I've been able to get, rank up and play around with other Champs. She's still my fav, but for now that I'm not doing cavalier difficulty (done for the month), or act 6, I haven't been able to use her as much (besides, there's war season, and she makes for a pretty good boss even without Flow).
    In addition, it's since I stopped running suicides in the meantime; so I've been able to play around with a lot others instead of just sticking to using her, Claire and ghost alone because of recoil.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Have quake don't like her
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I like stealthy but I never find any use for him.

    And I pulled warlock a while ago and didn't see why he was considered so good, but he pretty quickly found his way into my team and into my heart. 🥰
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I have a 4/55 sorcerer supreme who is my top champ, but I rarely use her. I use quake, CMM, and NF for 3 champ quests, and Quake, NF, CMM, BWDO, and Mags for 5 champ quests. I rarely find any use for her other than if there's a champ that evades that I can't quake
  • Options
    amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    CMM, i have her as a 6* r2, but she never makes into my quest team or aq/aw teams. I think its because i dont like the ramp up process and then maintaining it.
  • Options
    Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    Human Torch for me, I r5 him, tried him out, wasn't too impressed. Also thought he wouldn't be good with suicides, boy was I wrong. Ever since I melted that Mephisto in Abyss he's now one of my favorite champs to play lol. He doesn't seem too impressive, because there are no big yellow numbers, but it's deceiving cause he just melts people with DoT.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Jazzy011 said:

    Human Torch for me, I r5 him, tried him out, wasn't too impressed. Also thought he wouldn't be good with suicides, boy was I wrong. Ever since I melted that Mephisto in Abyss he's now one of my favorite champs to play lol. He doesn't seem too impressive, because there are no big yellow numbers, but it's deceiving cause he just melts people with DoT.

    I felt the same way about Void. I grudgingly took him to rank 4, awakened and put about 80 sigs into him earlier on. Before I actually got him, I told myself that I wouldn't like his slow and steady, non-suicide friendly playstyle. Boy was I wrong! This dude nearly singlehandedly got me cavalier, omega boss rush, helped out a lot in my act 5 exploration, 6.1 and 6.2 completion (I couldn't use him in 6.3 and 6.4 completion because he wasn't at rank 5 yet, and I had a full team of rank 5's)

    I got to like him so much, that I did all I could to get him to high-sig. I did that gruesome cavalier 4* challenge last month to get generics for him. I grabbed all possible sigs from treasure island, judiciously grinded solo events, etc. In addition, I maxed out despair and turned off suicides, majorly with him in mind. I couldn't take him to rank 5 earlier on because I didn't have a gem and/or science t4cc. When I did, I didn't hesitate to take him up!

    At first my reservations were partially due to the fact that @Hector_1475 basically hinted in one of his videos that void was "falling out of the meta" by saying that he isn't as valuable in 2020 as previous. Man, did it not take too long for me to find out the falsity of that statement, lol
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

    Jazzy011 said:

    Human Torch for me, I r5 him, tried him out, wasn't too impressed. Also thought he wouldn't be good with suicides, boy was I wrong. Ever since I melted that Mephisto in Abyss he's now one of my favorite champs to play lol. He doesn't seem too impressive, because there are no big yellow numbers, but it's deceiving cause he just melts people with DoT.

    I felt the same way about Void. I grudgingly took him to rank 4, awakened and put about 80 sigs into him earlier on. Before I actually got him, I told myself that I wouldn't like his slow and steady, non-suicide friendly playstyle. Boy was I wrong! This dude nearly singlehandedly got me cavalier, omega boss rush, helped out a lot in my act 5 exploration, 6.1 and 6.2 completion (I couldn't use him in 6.3 and 6.4 completion because he wasn't at rank 5 yet, and I had a full team of rank 5's)

    I got to like him so much, that I did all I could to get him to high-sig. I did that gruesome cavalier 4* challenge last month to get generics for him. I grabbed all possible sigs from treasure island, judiciously grinded solo events, etc. In addition, I maxed out despair and turned off suicides, majorly with him in mind. I couldn't take him to rank 5 earlier on because I didn't have a gem and/or science t4cc. When I did, I didn't hesitate to take him up!

    At first my reservations were partially due to the fact that @Hector_1475 basically hinted in one of his videos that void was "falling out of the meta" by saying that he isn't as valuable in 2020 as previous. Man, did it not take too long for me to find out the falsity of that statement, lol
    I'm not sure if who I tagged is "Hector" on YouTube. If it's not you, kindly disregard.
  • Options
    BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Thought if Kabam were to create their own champion and give that champion a pretty cool introduction, how could it fail?
    After initially seeing said champion as Morningstar- I was excited. Her signature looked pretty nice. Her whole profile looked good to me. What really sold it for me was her ability to suck the souls from opponents and use them too become more and more lethal. This should’ve been a home run.

    Her animations were so bad though. She has this unique ability to almost, but not quite, back away from enemy strikes. I could overlook her bad animations and movement- if I could just get her to maximum souls without having to intentionally pull my punches while her power builds, hoping to SP3 before killing the opponent. (Which happens whether you try or not as she auto bleeds them on block)
    This could have been a great creation.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I want to use my r3 Platinumpool so bad, but I can't find a place to do it.
Sign In or Register to comment.