**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Black Panther Civil War and Kilmonger not #Metal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Brack1984 said:

Not if it’s pure.

Yes this is true, cannot manipulate pure vibranium, only when it is mixed in with ferrous metals.
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Magneto has manipulated Captain America's shield in older comics.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

It is made of vibranium mixed with adamantium.
  • Options
    luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    Drew_D23 said:

Black Panther Civil War and Kilmonger wear Vibranium suits and Vibranium is supposed to be the strongest METAL. So I think they should be given #Metal.

By that logic more than 90% of the champions would be tagged #metal and magneto would be the god of mcoc. That's bot the goal here. That point of the game is to keep releasing new champs without making them redundant or op god tier in the game.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    This again? Ugh. No he cannot affect vibranium.
  • Options
    Legiune said:

Drew_D23 said:

Black Panther Civil War and Kilmonger wear Vibranium suits and Vibranium is supposed to be the strongest METAL. So I think they should be given #Metal.

i agree with you cuz i saw the movie when apocalipse empowered magneto to controll all metals on earth... so...
    In X-Men Apocalypse Vibranium technically didn't exist. Due to the movie rights, Fox didn't have access to Vibranium as it's technically associated with Black Panther. Keeping within that side of the movies, in Wolverine: Origins they find Adamatium in a small village in Africa from a meteorite. Sound familiar? 😂

Now, some of the champs in CoC follow older Marvel Comics lore. Some are mirrored after their MCU counterparts. Some are Kabam originals. In regards to Vibranium, and more specifically BPCW, Killmonger, and all the Captain Americas (OG, WWII, & Infinity War), they all possess Pure Vibranium and not an alloy version. These cannot be manipulated by Magneto as per Comic Lore, and now, here's some of it...

It is made of vibranium mixed with adamantium.
    In reference to one of Captain America'a shields it was known as, Proto-Adamantium 😉. Yes, there was a time when Cap's shield wasn't made of Pure Vibranium. Adamatium per comic lore wasn't found via a "meteorite" like in the Fox X-Universe. It was developed in a lab. At 1st, by accident (i.e. the creation of Proto-Adamantium and Cap's Shield) by Dr. Myron MacLain. He eventually developed the formula for the version (without Vibranium) used to lace Wolverine's skeleton. Which is known as True Adamatium or Primary Adamatium.

It's made through a process of mixing certain chemical resins ("its exact formula remains a closely guarded secret by the US Gov't" in the comics 😂). It must be kept at 1500° Fahrenheit to remain malleable. Once it starts to cool it goes through an 8 minute flux period before becoming permanently bonded. Magneto is one of only a few that can manipulate True/Primary Adamatium after it sets. There's also Secondary Adamatium, but that's rather irrelevant here.

Now, back to the original point. Vibranium and Magneto. Vibranium, as mentioned by others here is an Alien Metal. Now when the word Metal is used, it's not a universal thing when it comes to magnetic forces. Ferrous or Iron based metals (i.e Steel) can be subject to magnetism. Non-ferrous metals and various Alloys (i.e. Copper, Aluminum, Lead, Titanium, Gold, Silver, Platinum, etc) are non-magnetic. Supposedly there have been occasions where Magneto manipulated non-ferrous metals, however they were Earthly metals.

As per Comic Lore, Vibranium (Wakandan) is not only non-ferrous, but it has a certain property that Earthly metals lack. It can absorb and store Kinetic energy. It does have a breaking point in that respect though. While the exacts have never officially been revealed, it was said that the energy from a nuclear bomb was too much for Vibranium to absorb, and resulted in the destruction of the metal (can also be destroyed by Antarctic Vibranium which is an Anti-Metal). In regards to Magneto and his magnetic fields, 2 things to keep in mind. 1, Vibranium as previously stated, isn't impacted by magnetism and 2, would likely just absorb (and in some cases store) any kinetic energy he attempted to throw at it.

TL;DR - Pure Wakandan Vibranium cannot be manipulated by Magneto as per original Marvel Comic lore, and yes I'm metal and Marvel geek, lol.
  • Options
    TNKnight225TNKnight225 Posts: 13
    But remember at the movies Killmonger said to W'Kabi, "A hand held sonic cannon, untracable by metal detectors, and while BP was wearing the necklace, it faile to detect the Vibranium
  • Options
    PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    edited November 2020

He most certainly can

Pretty sure he can do it only when Vibranium is mixed with certain other magnetic metals.
    Who's to say that door wasn't made of pure vibranium?
    Read older comics bro.
    New writers don't know what's canon and they just write whatever they like.
    Me: superman can fly
    You: he can't fly read older comic book bro.
    Even in Canon stories character powers /abilities are always inconsistent, this is why to me arguing over comic character is always futile