**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Doc Oc really better unduped?

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
It seems like draining 100% of opponent's power and stealing a percent of it is better than regular power lock, imo. I can see where allowing Magik and Cable to repeatedly get to a power bar could be bad but in nearly every other situation, how is it worse? Also, he gains life steal instead of just heal block.

I'm just trying to determine whether or not he's actually worse awakened.

Comments

• Options
    He's probably about the same if not slightly better. It's just that against the magiks and the cables, you would much rather have power lock, and considering that they're the main champs you want to have power locked it makes no sense imo.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    007_Link wrote: »
    He's probably about the same if not slightly better. It's just that against the magiks and the cables, you would much rather have power lock, and considering that they're the main champs you want to have power locked it makes no sense imo.

Yeah this. He'd be better duped in almost all circumstances but Magik and Cable would suck. Good champ though. Lots of fun to play. That Electro synergy is great but wish Electro was worth having Ranked up.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    His specials stun well but don't do much extra damage by themselves. A L1 at most does 2.5 k damage at r4. Of course you can pummel them while stunned and he crits a lot. I'm tempted to r5 him for his synergy to use in a quest team with my 5* Doc Oc. I'll probably think about it for a while. I've got extra science t4cc for now.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    edited September 2017
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    It seems like draining 100% of opponent's power and stealing a percent of it is better than regular power lock, imo. I can see where allowing Magik and Cable to repeatedly get to a power bar could be bad but in nearly every other situation, how is it worse? Also, he gains life steal instead of just heal block.

I'm just trying to determine whether or not he's actually worse awakened.

Against Magik it’s bad, but if you manage correctly, you do your sp3 to put her between two bars of power, and’ then spam sp1 she won’t have power to the end of the game (not so hard since you block her power gain automatically every half bar of power, counting MD)
    Against Cable it’s the dream, because his regen has a small chance of trigger, and since you drain his power, he doesn’t power gain, but you will gain a part of the power he is supposed to gain. You can get your sp2 every 5-6 seconds whithout even touching him.

Against OG vision it’s the dream also, you lock and drain a part of his synthesis every time, he can’t gain more than half a bar per synthesis, even at the beginning of the fight.

And against mystic champs in AW you drain part of MD as well a blocking ennemy’s Power, perfect
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    007_Link wrote: »

He drains 100% of power gained. How is that worse than power lock? +100-100=0
  • Options
    For Magik and Cable when using his power drain he adds power then removes it. So when fighting those two you could be in a situation when trying to drain power you could push them above L1 then right below repeatability triggering limbo in Magik or power gain and regen in Cable. That's why power lock is better for those two champs.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Oh the power drain isn't instantaneous... Yeah that would be bad
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    For most purposes unless Doc Oc is your only power lock/heal block champion you wouldn't use him anyways.

Guillotine heal reversal actually kills the enemy with their regen and is better than just siphoning the healing.

Magik has a better power lock on her special 2 (that also drains power from the enemy allowing you to repeat it), as well as using Vision, Hawkeye, Psylocke or the like to keep someone below their first bar of power.

Doc Oc still works if you have no one else, in the same way Yondu is still good if you have no one else who can heal block, but he's not the best option. I wouldn't worry about if he's awakened or not, but if you have a tech awakening gem and no one better to use it on then go ahead. It doesn't make him worse, for the most part it just adds extra bonuses to his passive.