Ant man and colossus are the worst champions in the game

Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
I don't understand how these champs can be out in the 5* crystal without someone on the Kabam team going "wow these guys SUCK!".
Ant man: heals the opponent with willpower and is lucky to stack 3 fatigues which you can then turn into one of the weakest poisons in the game. Bravo. Bonus is that you can't finish a MLLLM combo with an L2, it always gets blocked.

Colossus: an X-men with 0 offensive capability. Oh but he has armor! Wait, his base armor is lower than juggernaut? No unstoppable? No fury? He's bleed immune and that is literally it. He's a forgotten relic from OG Mcoc days and I cannot believe he's still the same.

Quit adding intentionally garbage champs to 5* crystals and fix the ones you have put in.


Rant over.

P.s yes there are other champs that need buffed but I'm talking ones given as 5*.
«1

Comments

  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    Max dupe antman is a beast of a tank. Just going to toss that into the air. He's very good defensively.
    I'll obviously agree with colossus as most will. He's just outdated and armor buffs as a whole since 12.0 are next to useless seeing as how buff stacks don't actually stack evenly but calculate together which lowers the overall effectiveness.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    At my level, both are more than welcome into my roster.
  • SkutrmanSkutrman Posts: 20
    And lucky as I am my last two 5* pulls were Colossus and Antman!

    Why invest the materials into ranking Antman if only for Defense? There are way better Science champs for Def... I already have a duped Rhino I put effort into for that same reason... Not going to do it again
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Skutrman wrote: »
    And lucky as I am my last two 5* pulls were Colossus and Antman!

    Why invest the materials into ranking Antman if only for Defense? There are way better Science champs for Def... I already have a duped Rhino I put effort into for that same reason... Not going to do it again

    Antman's glance is like nothing else in the game. The nature of his defense makes him tough to deal with at high levels with ease purely due to him just not taking damage, and not because of armor rating or resistance but because of an ability that just straight up hinders damage. And it hinders it in multiple ways, which is what makes it tough to deal with without just pushing through combo after combo, because there's only a couple champs that can work around it with semi-effectiveness.

    I'm not saying he's the best choice or even an amazing choice. But he's definitely not in any need of a buff. For what he does, he does it very well.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,460 ★★★★
    LOL antman sucks. Damage output is so low against him
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 111
    At least they have good synergies
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    FactorQ wrote: »
    At least they have good synergies

    lol that's such a low bar to put though.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    At my level, both are more than welcome into my roster.

    Are you a new player without any 5*?
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Grinder wrote: »
    Max dupe antman is a beast of a tank. Just going to toss that into the air. He's very good defensively.
    I'll obviously agree with colossus as most will. He's just outdated and armor buffs as a whole since 12.0 are next to useless seeing as how buff stacks don't actually stack evenly but calculate together which lowers the overall effectiveness.

    No one in tier 1-2 AW is using ant man for that glance lol Rhino far outweighs him because he actually had some form of offensive capability. A rag doll does not count as a defensive tank because tanks can actually shoot BACK.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Just because there's a champ better than Antman doesn't mean he's the worst champion. What you're implying is that all champs should be created equally which simply isn't possible unless you give all abilities and stats to all champions evenly, and would you really want to play a game that boring? There will always be a tier system within champs themselves, it's just part of it with a game like this. I can spitball half a dozen champs instantly off the top of my head that are far worse than antman, and at the same rate do the same with better champs within the defensive zone. He is in no need of a nerf.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Grinder wrote: »
    Just because there's a champ better than Antman doesn't mean he's the worst champion. What you're implying is that all champs should be created equally which simply isn't possible unless you give all abilities and stats to all champions evenly, and would you really want to play a game that boring? There will always be a tier system within champs themselves, it's just part of it with a game like this. I can spitball half a dozen champs instantly off the top of my head that are far worse than antman, and at the same rate do the same with better champs within the defensive zone. He is in no need of a nerf.

    No I am saying that out of all the champions is the 5* crystal, ant man and colossus are the worst and need some serious reworking. Your argument that he's a defensive rank seemed silly to me because he's not a tank, he's a rag doll. I don't know where you are getting that I want all champions to be equal, I have not said that or want it. Also, I mentioned in my post already that yes, there are other champions that are worse than ant man, but I am STRICTLY talking about those in the 5* crystal. We are supposed to be building our rosters with 5* for harder content and ant man/colossus are both utter garbage for any harder content.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    They will always place some of the less desired champs into the 5* mix to entice people to go for 5* featured crystals instead, to risk the chance for something better. More resources needed, more grinding, more overall gameplay, more benefit for kabam. If they placed nothing but top tier amazing champs in 5* crystals that everyone wanted and loved hardly anyone would think twice about featured crystals unless it was just collectors that wanted everything as a 5*.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,880 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Those Champs both have good Defense capabilities. AM is great with his Glancing high. Most Damage is thwarted. Colossus is great Duped. Bleed Immune as well. All depends on who you prefer.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I agree they need some updates. They are pretty garbage.
  • Agree with Grinder. Ant Man is not that bad. That Glance is annoying
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    At my level, both are more than welcome into my roster.

    Are you a new player without any 5*?

    I have one, an Iron Man. Ranked up to level two and rank down again, concentrating on getting 4*s to rank 4.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    At my level, both are more than welcome into my roster.

    Are you a new player without any 5*?

    I have one, an Iron Man. Ranked up to level two and rank down again, concentrating on getting 4*s to rank 4.

    Ah yeah okay in this case this post probably won't mean much. But when you're a higher level player finishing the harder content (LoL, RoL, etc.) and you have most the champions in the game you will realize that colossus and ant man have been completely left behind.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Supposedly ant man was supposed to get buffed in 12.0 with increased chance for fatigue and increased damage on his poison, but it really looks like it went the other way on both. I used to occasionally get up to 7 fatigue by the time I had sp2, now I can barely get 3 or 4. And his poison damage output is shockingly low. While he has some value as a defender, he is zero fun to fight with right now.

    Colossus is bad. His only redeeming quality is bleed immune, but nobody would use him solely for that with the other great options available that are also bleed immune. He needs re-worked.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.
  • IronfelixIronfelix Posts: 2
    Magneto too, he's one of the most powerful people on earth so I don't see how he can be so weak in the game. I mean seriously, no fury buffs, no cruelty or precision? He should be a major heavy hitter. Same goes with Loki. He would no doubt take out 90% of the champions in the game one on one, yet seems to be hated by everyone. Why not make the buff steals permanent until you're hit?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,081 Guardian
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.

    I'm pretty sure very few people in tier 1 and 2 are using Cyclops, Iron Patriot, or Hulkbuster for very much either. At the highest tiers of gameplay, there are very few champions that are considered top tier. Everything else is not. Saying tier 1 players aren't using a champion is saying almost nothing significant about that champion. That's a true statement for almost all champions.

    And even if you buffed Colossus and Ant-Man to make them better than average, tier 1 and tier 2 players still won't use them, because tier 1 and tier 2 players don't use champions that are just better than average. Any buff on those champions would be meaningless to those players. Buffs would only be meaningful to the very players that would currently see both as being useful in the first place (as one of the few bleed immune 5* champs they would likely possess and a reasonably good defensive champion respectively).
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.

    I'm pretty sure very few people in tier 1 and 2 are using Cyclops, Iron Patriot, or Hulkbuster for very much either. At the highest tiers of gameplay, there are very few champions that are considered top tier. Everything else is not. Saying tier 1 players aren't using a champion is saying almost nothing significant about that champion. That's a true statement for almost all champions.

    And even if you buffed Colossus and Ant-Man to make them better than average, tier 1 and tier 2 players still won't use them, because tier 1 and tier 2 players don't use champions that are just better than average. Any buff on those champions would be meaningless to those players. Buffs would only be meaningful to the very players that would currently see both as being useful in the first place (as one of the few bleed immune 5* champs they would likely possess and a reasonably good defensive champion respectively).

    So because no one will use them anyways you think colossus and ant man should stay garbage??
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 518 ★★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.

    I'm in a t2 war right now rated 2k against a 2k team. They have two antman on defense. One on thorns. Got 0 kills and 1 on all or nothing that did kiss a vision due to glancing power burns and inevitable sp3s.

    Not advocating antman is good. But he's not bad if he's glancing power burns on all or nothing
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,257 ★★★★
    I just landed Loki. I think I possibly would be willing to trade him for antman or colossus
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I hope I get Loki. I want Loki or Mordo because they'd help me boost my prestige.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,081 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DLegend wrote: »
    You don't understand how good a duped antman is defensively, specially if he's placed on a thorns node. I do agree that colossus is garbage and needs an improvement

    I do understand. I have him lol. And please dude no one in tier 1-2 AWis using ant man for thorns.

    I'm pretty sure very few people in tier 1 and 2 are using Cyclops, Iron Patriot, or Hulkbuster for very much either. At the highest tiers of gameplay, there are very few champions that are considered top tier. Everything else is not. Saying tier 1 players aren't using a champion is saying almost nothing significant about that champion. That's a true statement for almost all champions.

    And even if you buffed Colossus and Ant-Man to make them better than average, tier 1 and tier 2 players still won't use them, because tier 1 and tier 2 players don't use champions that are just better than average. Any buff on those champions would be meaningless to those players. Buffs would only be meaningful to the very players that would currently see both as being useful in the first place (as one of the few bleed immune 5* champs they would likely possess and a reasonably good defensive champion respectively).

    So because no one will use them anyways you think colossus and ant man should stay garbage??

    That's almost the exact opposite of what I said. What I said was, for the tier 1/2 people who think he is garbage, they are garbage because of a criteria you cannot really fix: those players will generally pursue, and only use, top tier champions. For everyone else, those champs are not actually garbage and there is a use for them, and there isn't any specific reason to buff them.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 756 ★★★
    I think they could use some buffing. AM could use an ACTUAL increase in Fatigue proc rate and Poison damage. And Colossus could use... something to make him more exciting to play, heh. Not sure what, but he is quite boring to fight with, although I do enjoy landing his L1 as a finishing move. I think every champion of the 'old crop' should get analyzed to see if they need some tweaking, even if it is just minor changes. Something to keep them fresher. And to not sigh about them when you get a 5* (because while AM may have use on AoN when nicely duped, I would not want to pull enough 5* AM to get his dupe sig up to noticeable levels!)
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,257 ★★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    I hope I get Loki. I want Loki or Mordo because they'd help me boost my prestige.

    He is pretty high prestige but I only have him at rank 2 right now
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I have duped AM, unduped Colossus, and duped HB all 5*. AM I was ok with. Wasn't super happy but could've been worse. Got Colossus trying for Cable. Obviously a bad comparison but you can imagine my upset. Got TWO HB going for DV. Which do you think I was pissed about most? In my opinion HB is by far the worst 5*. At least with Colossus he has bleed immune and his armor buffs boost his specials slightly and his L2 and L3 do some nice damage. HB is just ****. Easy to fight. Hits like a wet noodle. Boring to use. There is nothing special about HB. AM is a better rank than HB as is Jugg and Rhino. I HATE HB and I think he needs a revamp the most.
Sign In or Register to comment.