**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Oh lord, rank down tickets...not what you think

So when rank down tickets were introduced, it was during a period of turmoil and frankly, that was a bad ass month. Dominating advancement events and reorganizing your roster was a good time.

I 100% expected that rank down tickets would be encorporated into purchase offers...granted ill bad mouth kabam a lil bit when they catch on to this, however I'm suggesting a happy medium for both the players and kabam. When offers start introducing a rank down ticket or two I think both parties will be happy, why hasn't this happened?

Love to hear some thoughts on this one way or the other

Comments

• HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Cause rank down tickets are a terrible idea. There are several posts on why already just got type “rank down tickets” in the search bar
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    I respectfully disagree with you. You have a product people are begging for, and no means to purchase..pretty simple
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    FYI, type rank down tickets into the search bar and let me know which of the 1000's posts your referring to.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    So... Give/Sell rank down tickets so players can redirect resources into another champ vs buying MORE resources? LoL
    I respectfully disagree with you. You have a product people are begging for, and no means to purchase..pretty simple

Rank down tickets are basically a do over.... you made the decision to rank said champ at the time and now that you’re regretting that decision you expect some sort of “oh ****” button... not gonna happen man... grind or buy your way to some new rank up materials cause thats the only way things work in this game.
    edited September 2017
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23119/new-war-rank-down-tickets#latest Here’s another thread where others are explaing(much better than I) why rank down tickets are not only a bad idea but why they’ll never be a thing
    FYI, type rank down tickets into the search bar and let me know which of the 1000's posts your referring to.

Sorry the mods keep taking them down because people continue to make these posts after it’s been stated several times that rank down tickets won’t be a thing
  • I can't help but think that if everyone who is against rdts had a 5*r4 juggernaut - that they'd feel very differently about rdts after the recent Aw changes
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    In a nutshell, it contradicts the design of the game. The game is built on cumulative progression. Everything from Rating to Events is based on metrics that are progressive, and at the very least stable. There is really no such thing as useless Ranking. It's a part of the overall building, for both us and our Ally. For example, Prestige. I have never been a proponent of Prestige being the only focus (Prestige Race), but the AQ System is dependent on it. Constant shifts and fluxes would have an effect. S.A. would be affected as well, along with other Events. The game is not designed for "takes-backsies", for lack of a better term.
    Then there's the financial aspect. The In-Game Value of the Resources far outweighs any cost you could charge for Tickets. Consider the value of the Cats and the revenue generated from working towards getting them. The entire game is built on working towards, or buying, Resources. It's actually quite high. In the thousands, is my estimate. Offering Tickets for sale would counteract that entire process.
    There's also a decision-making component. Using our Resources as we choose is a part of the overall game strategy. The other part is living with those choices and making different decisions when we Ranked next. It all goes into the overall progression. Nothing is really wasted. The way we advance is cumulative. The more we Rank, the more we grow. Unfortunately, as some have focused on the Prestige Race for so long as I mentioned, the process became confused, for some. The game is actually geared towards us Ranking as much as we can, but people are also free to play however they like.
    Basically, they weren't designed for mainstream consumption because they contradict pretty much everything about the game. They were only designed because of major changes to Champs.
  • So when rank down tickets were introduced, it was during a period of turmoil and frankly, that was a bad ass month. Dominating advancement events and reorganizing your roster was a good time.

I 100% expected that rank down tickets would be encorporated into purchase offers...granted ill bad mouth kabam a lil bit when they catch on to this, however I'm suggesting a happy medium for both the players and kabam. When offers start introducing a rank down ticket or two I think both parties will be happy, why hasn't this happened?

This is exactly what we thought it was even though you said it wasnt, and has been suggested and discussed many many many times just in the last few weeks already!!
    *when we Rank next
    (Can't edit. The joys of being meticulous. Lol)
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    edited September 2017
    RDTs are a bad idea in general.

But when the meta of the game is tampered without any prior notice, then those should be issued to players to replan.

Like , if they gave a heads up warning about def diversity & brought that in practice after 5-6months, people would've enough time to replan.

But now it is all on a sudden & they should aid us with RDTs.
  • So when rank down tickets were introduced, it was during a period of turmoil and frankly, that was a bad ass month. Dominating advancement events and reorganizing your roster was a good time.

If one person thinks RDTs should be available and another person thinks they shouldn't, why do you think being sometimes available is a "happy" compromise?
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    I just want my useless rank 5 jugs ranked down to get those mystic t4cc back.. he is worthless now with the new war setup... actually include nightcralwer, mordo, and bpcw also in that list
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Some of us rank up champs we like using and ranked up wisely. RDTs are what a lot of people want but those people want them for selfish reasons and don’t see the repercussions to the actual game because they only care about their account
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    For those with the r4 defenders, once they fix diversity it won't be as bad as long as your officers are decently smart. only 106-108 possible champs. Need 150 placed. you'll still be able to use the good defenders
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Here is the bottom line reason that everyone who wants rank down tickets wants them...KABAM is stingy as hell with t4cc and with t3 alphas and it can take forever to rank someone up, then they nurf them and it takes months to aquire the things needed to rank someone else up who might be a better champ for winning fights and higher prestige. No one would be begging for rank downs if they knew that within 2 or 3 weeks they would have what they needed for someone else. So simplest solution is to start (as they have promised) to make them more available. So far that has meant more offers to buy them...kabam you do like shooting yourself in the foot over and over...I have been playing solo and for solo players buying them is the only way to get t4cc and don't give me one of you clueless Lectures....take my word (kabam knows the truth) if you are a solo player and you want t4cc the only way to get them is to buy them...
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    In a nutshell, it contradicts the design of the game. The game is built on cumulative progression. Everything from Rating to Events is based on metrics that are progressive, and at the very least stable. There is really no such thing as useless Ranking. It's a part of the overall building, for both us and our Ally. For example, Prestige. I have never been a proponent of Prestige being the only focus (Prestige Race), but the AQ System is dependent on it. Constant shifts and fluxes would have an effect. S.A. would be affected as well, along with other Events. The game is not designed for "takes-backsies", for lack of a better term.
    Then there's the financial aspect. The In-Game Value of the Resources far outweighs any cost you could charge for Tickets. Consider the value of the Cats and the revenue generated from working towards getting them. The entire game is built on working towards, or buying, Resources. It's actually quite high. In the thousands, is my estimate. Offering Tickets for sale would counteract that entire process.
    There's also a decision-making component. Using our Resources as we choose is a part of the overall game strategy. The other part is living with those choices and making different decisions when we Ranked next. It all goes into the overall progression. Nothing is really wasted. The way we advance is cumulative. The more we Rank, the more we grow. Unfortunately, as some have focused on the Prestige Race for so long as I mentioned, the process became confused, for some. The game is actually geared towards us Ranking as much as we can, but people are also free to play however they like.
    Basically, they weren't designed for mainstream consumption because they contradict pretty much everything about the game. They were only designed because of major changes to Champs.

Metrics that are stable? no.

A champ having an ability is only useful FOR something. Everyone wants SL for his damage output so that they can beat......whatever. Everyone wants Magik for her Limbo and nullify FOR certain content. The list goes on. It is part of player strategy. This whole freakin game is all about collecting and ranking champs actually.

Changing the dynamics of any parts of the game makes a HUGE difference in the usefulness of champs abilities.
    That is the argument that dominates the threads on RDT's
    Players need to realize the truth about this game. The metrics are NOT stable AT ALL so rank accordingly.
    Everyone knows that a nerf CAN likely happen to any champs and that current "useful ability" champs that were ranked up and sought after can easily be made less useful at the next game update.

People also seem to miss that this "feels" like a bait and switch to MOST people playing the game. It would be like buying peanuts at a baseball game and then the stadium who sold them to you said they don't allow peanuts to be eaten in the stadium any more. Sure you can wait and take them elsewhere to eat but you bought them for eating at the stadium or you would not have bought them at all. The stadium knew that and mislead you anyways.

People feel tricked and they don't like it.
    I try not to use terms like MOST or incorporate the popularity of an opinion. I don't speak for others. Not being able to use some champs in AW takes a back seat to my concern about RDT and the "upper class" of the game. AW is one factor of the game, and while it sucks to have 4/5 of my defenders on the bench, my concern for that RDT does to prestige and AQ cutoffs takes precedence. I don't feel tricked by this. I felt tricked by 12.0. This just feels like a new season of AQ, where there are new routes, new buffs, new immunities needed. It is a small part of the game that negates the use of some champs. My main concern is elsewhere.

However, diversity sucks and I wish they implemented it in a different way, like there was a cap of max points you could earn for diversity. That way you could put in maybe 10 unique champs per BG and get the max number of diversity points, while still beefing up the rest of the defense.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I try not to use terms like MOST or incorporate the popularity of an opinion. I don't speak for others. Not being able to use some champs in AW takes a back seat to my concern about RDT and the "upper class" of the game. AW is one factor of the game, and while it sucks to have 4/5 of my defenders on the bench, my concern for that RDT does to prestige and AQ cutoffs takes precedence. I don't feel tricked by this. I felt tricked by 12.0. This just feels like a new season of AQ, where there are new routes, new buffs, new immunities needed. It is a small part of the game that negates the use of some champs. My main concern is elsewhere.

However, diversity sucks and I wish they implemented it in a different way, like there was a cap of max points you could earn for diversity. That way you could put in maybe 10 unique champs per BG and get the max number of diversity points, while still beefing up the rest of the defense.

Actually that's true. I shouldn't have said "MOST people playing the game" but instead "MOST people who post in favor of RDT's"! That's what I was thinking but didn't make clear. Thanks

This also may be more hurtful/detrimental to those players that these resources do not come as often. A 80k-150k player may be irate at certain changes because it means a long time or a lot of money to just "negate some of the champs" that you say so casually. Whereas a 200k+ player is more like "oh well I guess I'll have to rank other champs over the next month or two" as the t4cc's and t4bc's are rolling in!
    @The1_NuclearOnion I don't say it casually. It ruins some specific rewards from higher content such as 5* shards/crystals, t4cc, t4b, rank up gems, and I am not in the upper level of players. I am higher than what you mention, and can understand it, its just where priorities are.

I do understand the anger and I do understand the want. I would love to have those t4cc back. but considering the big picture and the work I've put in to compete with the player base I am a part of, I worry what effect it would have on prestige and other parts of the game. The required prestige for cutoffs go up. The required prestige to join these alliances goes up. That's all I meant was collateral damage from RDT. I wish they found a way to make these defenders still relevant rather than give us a way to reverse it
    @Primmer79 Making them relevant would be a viable alternative. Maybe good reason for kabam to pursue "bases" again?!
    @The1_NuclearOnion Theyll get to work on bases as soon as they fix Vision's specials.

Like I said before, maybe a limit on the diversity points. So instead of an overhaul of 5 defenders for everyone, maybe its required each person needs to work for 2 unique replacements.

Once Diversity is for the entire alliance, there will be an allowance of 40-ish champs that can be repeated. That's only 1 repeat champ per person. Id like to see it capped at maybe 50 unique champs give you the total diversity bonus, giving 100 possible duplicates, this would allow people to have 3-4 of their old defenders and have 1-2 "unique" per person.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    I want Rank Up tickets, not Rank Down tickets.
    @MyTaffy I want to LOL and agree at the same time. shame I cant.

A champ having an ability is only useful FOR something. Everyone wants SL for his damage output so that they can beat......whatever. Everyone wants Magik for her Limbo and nullify FOR certain content. The list goes on. It is part of player strategy. This whole freakin game is all about collecting and ranking champs actually.

Changing the dynamics of any parts of the game makes a HUGE difference in the usefulness of champs abilities.
    Players need to realize the truth about this game. The metrics are NOT stable AT ALL so rank accordingly.
    Everyone knows that a nerf CAN likely happen to any champs and that current "useful ability" champs that were ranked up and sought after can easily be made less useful at the next game update.

People also seem to miss that this "feels" like a bait and switch to MOST people playing the game. It would be like buying peanuts at a baseball game and then the stadium who sold them to you said they don't allow peanuts to be eaten in the stadium any more. Sure you can wait and take them elsewhere to eat but you bought them for eating at the stadium or you would not have bought them at all. The stadium knew that and mislead you anyways.

People Rank who they want for what they want. The idea that Champs are useless outside of War is part of the very problem that led to Diversity. The Tickets are also the exact opposite of what they want to introduce with Diversity. The Champs still behave the same way they did before. Whether people Ranked for War or not, they still work the same.
    The metrics I'm referring to are Rating/Prestige.

The metrics I'm referring to are Rating and Prestige.
    People Rank who they want for what they want. The Champs function the same as they did before. Even if people Ranked for War alone, the Champ still behaves the same. The whole idea that a Champ is useless outside of War and that Ranking outside of that is useless, is a part of the whole problem.
  • Having them at will is a terrible idea. But the whole defence meta cornered us into ranking champs thst stacked defensive kills, and now the new defence system had made said rank ups completely irrelevant in every aspect of the game. At this point id even take half of my resources back to down rank my jugg, spidey, miles and Abom, theyre worthless. Spidey and miles hinder you in attack rather than help and have no redeeming quality, Abom and Jugg are still somewhat viable.