**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dazzler: A choice I thought I'd never consider....

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
And yet here I am, debating whether I should vote for her when the time comes. Before you switch over to another thread, hear me out as to why I think Dazzler might be a decent choice as the next champ to arrive in the battlerealm.

1. She could be a counter to Quake's abilities.

As you all know, Dazzler is a mutant with the ability to transmute sound into lights of varying intensities. What if this gave her immunity to Quake's abilities seeing as they're vibrations which to some degree, are a part of music?

2. She could bring new mechanics to MCOC.

She could create a new mechanic called "Blind" which could cause vulnerability debuffs on her opponents and cause Dazzler's crits to increase substantially while causing opponents to miss. Mesmerize" could be an ability which could nullify Fury due to her light (a feat she does in the comics) and reduce critical rating. "Trance" could reduce ability accuracy and autoblock/Evasion.

3. She could have a similar ability to DarkHawk or Bishop in which she absorbs quantities of sound and creates a highly radiant light field that causes damages to her opponents for a specific amount of time. (Maybe using Black Bolt's special against her wouldn't be a good idea since she could boost her abilities and activate her ability sooner.

4. She'd have amazing synergies that could make some neglected champs even better

Overall, she has a power set that isn't really found in Mcoc. The closest one would be Sentry.

Comments

• Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★

The thing is though, mutant is so stacked, and we’re guaranteed to get more good mutants next year anyway. She could be interesting, but there is really a need for another mutant.

It also looks like she can’t get through this first round, so essentially she might be a wasted vote unfortunately. It’s a shame that’s how it is, but that’s how these kind of polls/elections go. I would advise you to go for your favoured champion that has a chance to win

I agree that the mutant team is stacked (I just maxed out my 5 star Apocalypse R5 and that guy alone is a monster of a champ) but when I think about uniqueness and diversity, I think Dazzler's powers gives the developers more room to come up with new debuffs/passive abilities. Okoye and Morbius seem like great choices as well because we could get echolocation abilities or unique Wakandian tech abilities/spear debuffs (not to mention, more representation).

I definitely would love to see Omega Sentinels at some point because they look cool.

Here's a scan of her pacifying effect (which unfortunately didn't work on Juggernaut, possibly due to his helmet).
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

The thing is though, mutant is so stacked, and we’re guaranteed to get more good mutants next year anyway. She could be interesting, but there is really a need for another mutant.

It also looks like she can’t get through this first round, so essentially she might be a wasted vote unfortunately. It’s a shame that’s how it is, but that’s how these kind of polls/elections go. I would advise you to go for your favoured champion that has a chance to win

I agree that the mutant team is stacked (I just maxed out my 5 star Apocalypse R5 and that guy alone is a monster of a champ) but when I think about uniqueness and diversity, I think Dazzler's powers gives the developers more room to come up with new debuffs/passive abilities. Okoye and Morbius seem like great choices as well because we could get echolocation abilities or unique Wakandian tech abilities/spear debuffs (not to mention, more representation).

I definitely would love to see Omega Sentinels at some point because they look cool.
    I definitely think dazzler could bring some really interesting mechanics, I just don’t think she’s a good choice for your vote because she lacks the wider support to have a chance of getting through. I think you would probably be better off going for Morbius or Omega, since they seem like they could go the whole way. Obviously I wound like you to vote Morgan, but it’s your choice. I just don’t want people wasting their vote
    I take it Morgan would take your vote? If so, what type of abilities would you like to see in her?

P.S. Hercules is another champ I absolutely love but I can't picture him having any buffs/debuffs that would differ from the typical "strong power house".
    Never mind, just found your thread
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Or vote for whatever champ you want and don't take a small sample size from the forum as what the likely outcome will be since this will be an in game poll.

Vote for who you want, if they don't make it through to the next round then you vote for who you want in the next poll.

Don't let dbag people like rocky tell you you're wasting your vote (just tactics to get you to vote for someone he wants, just look at the level of spamming from them).
    Mattyy said:

Or vote for whatever champ you want and don't take a small sample size from the forum as what the likely outcome will be since this will be an in game poll.

Vote for who you want, if they don't make it through to the next round then you vote for who you want in the next poll.

Don't let dbag people like rocky tell you you're wasting your vote (just tactics to get you to vote for someone he wants, just look at the level of spamming from them).

You realise wasted votes are an actual thing in electoral theory. This is using the exact same system. Anyone who doesn’t vote for the champs that get through have essentially cast a vote that didn’t matter, usually leading to a less favourable outcome for them in the end. I don’t care who they vote for as long as they don’t waste their vote
    edited October 2020
    Mattyy said:

I appreciate the honesty but I don't think Rocky is pushing an agenda (or at the very least, not a strong one). I think he stated his preference and made a decent case for it. I just read his thread and I agree, Morgan could bring a variety of amazing abilities. He has some good ideas.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Mattyy said:

You realise wasted votes are an actual thing in electoral theory. This is using the exact same system. Anyone who doesn’t vote for the champs that get through have essentially cast a vote that didn’t matter, usually leading to a less favourable outcome for them in the end. I don’t care who they vote for as long as they don’t waste their vote
    Sure and you're assuming they'll be wasted votes which is your opinion and just that, kabam might as well of only put the top two mentioned champs on the wish list then and all votes bar the votes for the winner will be "wasted"... damn why even bother giving us a chance to vote.

You're also assuming that any votes for the champ that places 5th and misses out on the next round will all have been wasted votes but for all we know that 5th place could be something kabam notes and brings that champ into the game sooner than they would've possibly planned.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    They should add Jubilee to the Dazzler release,..whenever they chose to.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    I’m voting dazzler. Have every issue of the ‘80,s book and a graded copy of her first appearance in x-men. Wasted vote or not I’ve always liked the character. She’ll probably lose but whatever. It’s not like Hercules needs my vote. And if he does too bad
    Mattyy said:

Mattyy said:

Sure and you're assuming they'll be wasted votes which is your opinion and just that, kabam might as well of only put the top two mentioned champs on the wish list then and all votes bar the votes for the winner will be "wasted"... damn why even bother giving us a chance to vote.

You're also assuming that any votes for the champ that places 5th and misses out on the next round will all have been wasted votes but for all we know that 5th place could be something kabam notes and brings that champ into the game sooner than they would've possibly planned.
    You’re right, I am assuming that 5th wouldn’t be moved up. I was actually talking to Spidey about this, I think that would have been a much better way to do this. One round, number of votes determines release order. Then there wouldn’t be any wasted votes

And I’m assuming they’re wasted votes because the polls I’ve seen on here, on Twitter, and in various discord servers are all showing OS, Morgan, Hercules and Morbius as top 4.

From what I've seen on social media, it's between Hercules, Blue Marvel, Omega Sentinel and Morbius

Omega Sentinel has a surprising amount of support behind her
    Where is the voting list on twitter? What should I type in?

This is the one I’ve seen. Okoye was at 16%. This was about an hour ago
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    Morbius winning would be a shame since there's a high chance he's coming with his movie
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★

Morbius winning would be a shame since there's a high chance he's coming with his movie

Could be on purpose TBH. This lets them gauge interest overall in some of these characters. A character already in development fits in nicely to their equations. Nothing changes so no real extra resources spent on development. If all of these characters were on the radar it also allows them to gauge lead time to develop and release. Iron heart at 8% gives them 2 years at least and no rush to change the time table.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    @Rockypantherx I don't think you can compare this Voting System to the Electoral one. At the end of the day, Kabam could say "I know you picked Character X but upon further review, we are having a difficult time implementing their attributes into the game so we are going with Character Y". It would upset people but it's their game.

Furthermore, Netflix DareDevil is getting a buff and it's hard to think that this isn't correlated to him coming 2nd in the last poll for champion buffs.

Just because a character doesn't get the absolute most votes doesn't mean we're never going to see them in the game. Vote for who you want to get in the game. It will only help their cause.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    We need at least one champ with roller skates,...Dazzler,..and yeah add Jubilee.
  • Dfraga71388Dfraga71388 Posts: 92

From what I've seen on social media, it's between Hercules, Blue Marvel, Omega Sentinel and Morbius

This isn't accurate though. If omega was in "division 2", and blue marvel was in "division 1", blue marvel would have way more votes and omega would probably take a lot of votes from Hercules and morbius
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

• I will choose dazzler
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Vote for DAZZLER
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I will choose dazzler

Did you actually just go to every character thread and tell them you are voting their way? And, why?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

WRIR said:

Vote for DAZZLER
    eff Greg Land, effing rip-off merchant tracer shouldn't be working in comics.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I will choose dazzler

you legit went to everyone’s thread and said I’ll vote for the character they want.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Dazzler has my :heart:

I trusted you.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Well Miike's backing Omega Sentinel. Get wrecked.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I still have dazzlers first appearance around here somewhere. This last February was technically her 40th anniversary. Hard to imagine.
  • Etjama said:

Well Miike's backing Omega Sentinel. Get wrecked.

Okay.