**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Making the case... kinda

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
As you know by now, the community gets to select one of the champs for 2021 in MCOC. Now, there are 8, vastly different options to choose from here, and they are as follows:

Okoye
Hercules
Morbius
Dazzler
Blue Marvel
Omega Sentinel
Ironheart
Morgan Le Fay

Let’s get into the neeewwwwssss champions.

Okoye:

I am very much not opposed to this, at all. She’d be Skill, which is an automatic win since currently this Skill class is lacking quite a bit. She’d also have the chance to be synergy partners with Black Panther Civil War, so a synergy boost wouldn't be out of the question, sure she wouldn’t have the most flashy animations or design, but the staff could definitely add some spice.

Hercules:

I’ve seen a lot of people saying “well he’s a god so yeah!” and “skill needs more champs so yeah!” and to that I say: No. Hercules is what one would call a high-demigod, as in he’s like 5/8th a god and 3/8th a human. However, I cannot see him being Skill. He’s a freakin demi-god. It just… oozes Cosmic.

Also, everyone is saying “his powers are dope he’d be a beyond god tier if accurate” You do realize he’d be bleed/poison immune, have some sort of invulnerability, regeneration, physical resistance, and an insane amount of other things. However, I have little doubt in my mind that unless the rest of us rally behind someone else, then he’s gonna win. (looking at the forum poll up right now he’s got a bit of a runaway lead)

His animations would also just be so boring. Literally just punching. Nothing else. And he’s a very, very popular character. He is more likely to show up later than pretty much everyone else on this list.

Morbius:

Morbius also suffers from the same problem as Hercules: He’s popular. This means he is more likely to come to this game later than everyone else. (other than Hercules) He’d also be Science, which isn’t bad, and could have some interesting stuff. (life steal, probably bleed, etc) If he gets chosen now, other characters that aren’t so popular on this list won’t appear again for a while, and maybe never.

Dazzler:

Look, I like Dazzler. She’s cool. But another mutant? I mean come on, this class is stacked as it is and just No. More. Mutants. The mutant class is the class in the current MCOC landscape, and Dazzler honestly wouldn’t be able to do much. Sure, she’d have flashy animations (which might cause quite a bit of lag for a decent amount of devices) but there’s nothing she can really bring to the table at this point. Time for another class to get some love.

Blue Marvel:

This dude seems legit. I’d be down. He’d be science, which is a class very much in need of more champs. However, looking at the twitter, the forums early poll, and some discord screenshots, he doesn’t have enough support. Which basically means a vote for him is a total waste of a vote that can go towards another candidate. Same goes for Dazzler and (spoiler) Ironheart.

If you’re planning on voting for them, I’d urge you to reconsider, and vote for someone along the lines of Omega Sentinel, Okoye, or Morgan Le Fay, all of which have decent amounts of traction, but not the popularity and major backing that Hercules and Morbius have.

Omega Sentinel:

I… actually like this option. She looks good, and would be a much needed boost to the Tech class. She also has a fair bit of backing amongst the forums, but doesn’t have the high recognition level of Hercules and Morbius. My personal dark horse to sneak into the top 4.

Ironheart:

Do we really need another iron person? Every decent reason to choose her could also apply to Omega Sentinel, who again looks to be fairing far better than Ironheart.

Morgan Le Fay:

She definitely has potential for sick animations (however, like Dazzler, more lag issues) but would end up being another Mystic. The Mystic class has been reborn into a new era with Doom, Claire, Sorcerer Supreme, Mojo, and more spearheading this renaissance. They do have less champions than the Mutant class, but like the Mutants, we’ve gotten a lot of good within this year.

She could have unique abilities, but I just can’t see her bringing new things to the table with the variety the Mystic class has.
Before I leave you, I’d like to note one key, as of now unaccounted for factor in this Election of Champions. The YouTubers. Seatin in particular, these people have large followings, and groups of people will vote whoever they want simply because their favorite YouTuber says so. There’s also the crowd who plays but isn’t active at all, and they will be the biggest wild card.

This could be huge. Say Seatin votes for Blue Marvel, and suddenly he’s got a huge upswing in the polls and boom someone who was basically a lock for the next round is out.

Speaking of, looking at the poll right now our final four would look like this:
Hercules, with 74 votes (duh)
Morbius, with 60 votes (again, duh)
Omega Sentinel, with 50 votes
Morgan Le Fay, with 39 votes

Okoye is very close with 36 votes, and Ironheart, Dazzler, and Blue Marvel have a combined 50 votes.

We basically have two locks, while 3rd and 4th are still very much up for grabs.

In short, if you like Omega Sentinel, Okoye, or Morgan Le Fay, it’s time to hit the campaign trail and sway those voters whose options aren’t looking so good.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    So MuCh LaG pOtEnTiAl!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

So MuCh LaG pOtEnTiAl!

Yeah. My friend has an android device (don’t ask me which one) but he pulled a six star Aarkus he can’t use because his device lags so much whenever Aarkus moves.

These champs would probably be the same way.
    I have a similar problem anytime I use Doom's SP 2 for myself 😂

Not gonna lie, I had the same reservations when I opened that 6* nexus the other day. Literally almost picked Terrax over aarkus because of the lag. But luckily, this current device can handle the lag waaaaay better than my former one.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Excellent write up (even though I saw it last night). Agreed on the content creators. I’ve actually not seen any endorsements yet, which I suppose is maybe a good thing. Unless Seatin posts something the night before.

And don’t worry, I am firmly on the campaign trail. I’m honestly loving this election thing, so big ups to Kabam on this. Most fun I’ve had with this game in a long while (Then again, that’s maybe the politics student in me, everyone else probably hates it). I joke they do it again
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Excellent write up (even though I saw it last night). Agreed on the content creators. I’ve actually not seen any endorsements yet, which I suppose is maybe a good thing. Unless Seatin posts something the night before.

And don’t worry, I am firmly on the campaign trail. I’m honestly loving this election thing, so big ups to Kabam on this. Most fun I’ve had with this game in a long while (Then again, that’s maybe the politics student in me, everyone else probably hates it). I joke they do it again

Think Karate Mike endorsed Hercules last night.
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★

Nah this should be a regular thing, maybe annually or bi annually but the banter is fun and community keeps growing and buzzing

Ah yes of course. Disappointed Mike, disappointed

Nah this should be a regular thing, maybe annually or bi annually but the banter is fun and community keeps growing and buzzing
    Absolutely. It’s a lot of fun, at least for me. I know some people don’t like my ‘methods’ but hey ho

Mike appreciates a half naked bearded man with an axe unlike y'all

God Of War is a legendary gaming franchise for a reason 🤭

Kratos > Hercules

Kratos > Hercules
    Tell kabam to add Kratos and I'll agree

Kratos > Hercules
    Tell kabam to add Kratos and I'll agree
    oy Kabam let’s add kratos yeah?
    all of his interesting abilities come from the skyfather part, not the half Olympian part we’d get in game.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

all of his interesting abilities come from the skyfather part, not the half Olympian part we’d get in game.

Both parts are of Hercules. He has the potential to reach the sky father level.

and there’s a chance he won’t reach that potential. We won’t know until the champ gets actually made
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

and there’s a chance he won’t reach that potential. We won’t know until the champ gets actually made
    We don't know indeed.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Lag should never be an argument when voting lmao are you serious ? That's a poor man's argument

That said, I have a surprise feeling that Hercules won't win and the poll will have an upset winner or surprise knockout

A poor man’s argument is saying one character is better than another because their more manly.
    I never said I'm rich
    it’s even funnier when said person won’t justify their reasoning for saying that either
    Hercules is 99% gonna win so I'll be collecting the forum's tears either way
    Just watch how Hercules is not gonna get picked. Then we'll see who will really be collecting tears.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Omega Sentinel's my #1 pick, but Morgan and Blue Marvel would be awesome too. Just not Hercules and IronHeart. Seriously. Hercules would have basic animations and abilities and IronHeart is just... the worst comic character to ever exist. Give me Armless Tiger Man (yes, that is a real Marvel character) before those 2 for all I care.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    If we can convince someone like seatin or Brian to vote for someone other then Hercules or morbius we have a chance.
    H3t3r said:

If we can convince someone like seatin or Brian to vote for someone other then Hercules or morbius we have a chance.

BG said he was voting Omega Sentinel in his stream last night. Said he wasn't pushing for anyone though.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    There was a time where silver surfers sp3 crashed the server on my iPad 😂
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    :'(:'(:'( he's a god though
    Moot4Life said:

He's a Demi-God. Thor is an actual God so we all know that means nothing in this game. Hercules would have the most basic animations and probably abilities out of all the choices.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

He's a Demi-God. Thor is an actual God so we all know that means nothing in this game. Hercules would have the most basic animations and probably abilities out of all the choices.
    He's a HUNKules though
    Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

He's a HUNKules though
    Thor is a hunk too

Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

He's a HUNKules though
    Thor is a hunk too
    Chris Hemsworth > anyone, man or God.