**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help me choose T_T

CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 β˜…β˜…
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I'm torn between hype or corvus. I don't run suicides and I'm pushing for cavalier before cyber monday. This will be my first r5/r2, so I gotta make it count. Please explain why in the comments tysm.

Help me choose T_T 73 votes

r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
60%
Noodes_nameplasAb_Samad16wegnerkHammerbro_64Moot4LifeLmaoThe_Blue_JaguarQacobKill_GreyKaratemike415EtjamaNo_oneukIron_Patriot_is_litThicco_ModeWallison099BonzodavidDretllePastorAmericaMasterpuff 44 votes
r2 unawakened 6* Corvus
39%
ege999menrockray2016HendrossAanthoTheHoodedDormammuDaphboyScopeotoe987wilibearAkkarin23spigwenderKRANκ“˜TotalMonster109Ewell65SSS69BabyMiikeFiiNCHTheInfintyFlashSpideyValBr111JohnyBoyCharlie21540 29 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Since you don't run suicides, I'd say Hype is the better option. Especially since you're going for Cav, Hype is an amazing choice for that Crossbones now.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Prolly Hype just because you don't have to manage charges like you would with Corvus (sans attack masteries he's more likely to use up his charges). I have Hype at 5/65 and 6s Corvus unawakened at rank 2. Corvus is a beast though, so not sure you have a wrong choice here.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Undoubtedly.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

"This will be my first r5/r2"

You should really have a very diverse maxed 5-Star roster before using extra T5B on 6-Stars, IMO.

Plus, if you don't run suicides, Corvus won't be as useful to you as Hyperion will be.

How many 5/65 do would you set as a reasonable mark before someone should move on the 6* rank-ups in your opinion? @Karatemike415

I was thinking on getting 12 rank 5's first.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kill_Grey said:

You should really have a very diverse maxed 5-Star roster before using extra T5B on 6-Stars, IMO.

Plus, if you don't run suicides, Corvus won't be as useful to you as Hyperion will be.

How many 5/65 do would you set as a reasonable mark before someone should move on the 6* rank-ups in your opinion? @Karatemike415

Me who only has 3: Oop
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
    I got two before my first r2 lol. it was a ghost so it was an exception
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol
    *Laughs in 12 with less variants explored*

I think I had 4 R5's before I R2'd my Claire, but she was the obvious choice. Plus, I've never had a problem with getting T5B (hence all the R5's).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey 12 sounds like a decent number for sure, especially today. T5B is more available now than it used to be.

Obviously, if you pull a 6 Star Doom - I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to bring that cheat code up to rank 2 haha.

But in general, it's more important to make sure your roster is well rounded & able to counter anything you come across before moving onto more expensive rank ups.

I believe I had around 20 Rank 5's before I brought my first 6 Star to Rank 2.
  • Options
    CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 β˜…β˜…

Ok hype it is then. My roster is pretty suicide friendly, but I don't have enough mastery pts cause I still haven't explored act 4 yet (it's so boring).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

I think I had 4 R5's before I R2'd my Claire, but she was the obvious choice. Plus, I've never had a problem with getting T5B (hence all the R5's).
    Bro, I have like 6 tier 5 basics πŸ˜‚
    Plus a 4-5 tech gem. But I'm being conservative with my rank-ups, and got tier 2 alpha and iso as roadblocks. Could use the gem on hulkbuster, but I'm still chilling for guardian.

By the way, you're in a bigger alliance y'know, and I basically just started playing this year (at least half of it). πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey 12 sounds like a decent number for sure, especially today. T5B is more available now than it used to be.

Obviously, if you pull a 6 Star Doom - I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to bring that cheat code up to rank 2 haha.

But in general, it's more important to make sure your roster is well rounded & able to counter anything you come across before moving onto more expensive rank ups.

I believe I had around 20 Rank 5's before I brought my first 6 Star to Rank 2.
    Thanks for the tip, man!

PS, my 6*s are trash. All 11 except Elsa. I was about to take her up, but then I got Nick Fury as a 5*, and decided he was gonna do more for me. I still have the 6* gem from act 6 completion, but I'm saving that for when I would want to rank 3 someone (a cool tip I learnt around here).
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

Plus a 4-5 tech gem. But I'm being conservative with my rank-ups, and got tier 2 alpha and iso as roadblocks. Could use the gem on hulkbuster, but I'm still chilling for guardian.

By the way, you're in a bigger alliance y'know, and I basically just started playing this year (at least half of it). πŸ˜‚
    Woah there buddy, I've got a 6* R2 gem I haven't used. And don't let the old forum account fool you, I've taken several long breaks from this game and only started playing seriously when Covid started. And I only joined my latest ally this war season where we purposely tanked. πŸ˜‚

I feel you on iso though. I haven't had much of a problem with T2A, but it takes me like a month to get the iso to level up a R5.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

Woah there buddy, I've got a 6* R2 gem I haven't used. And don't let the old forum account fool you, I've taken several long breaks from this game and only started playing seriously when Covid started. And I only joined my latest ally this war season where we purposely tanked. πŸ˜‚

I feel you on iso though. I haven't had much of a problem with T2A, but it takes me like a month to get the iso to level up a R5.
    Lol, me too on the breaks.

How many rank 4 5* you got?
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

8 R4's with 3 gems I'm saving, and I also have 6 leveled up 6*s (again, not freakin iso).
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I didnt like that you had more than me so I just went and r5 my magneto even though I have no iso. So bam, now we're equal punk.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

8 R4's with 3 gems I'm saving, and I also have 6 leveled up 6*s (again, not freakin iso).
    Me: *cries in only about 5 rank 4's, and like 10 fricking gems I can't use cuz of lack of iso* πŸ˜“
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180 β˜…
    r2 unawakened 6* Corvus
    Persistent cruelty, don’t run through path with nullify, and it should all be good. Find a path with champs that get you the cruelties
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Qacob said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I didnt like that you had more than me so I just went and r5 my magneto even though I have no iso. So bam, now we're equal punk.
    If it's a rivalry you want them it's one I shall give you @Qacob
    Unfortunately for you I have 1 rank 4 to 5 science gem and 3 tier 5 basic
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

If it's a rivalry you want them it's one I shall give you @Qacob
    Unfortunately for you I have 1 rank 4 to 5 science gem and 3 tier 5 basic
    Somewhat less unfortunately for me I also have a rank 4-5 science gem, 1 t5b and 15k glory
  • Options
    Cries in 170 glory
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Without suicides Hyperion is significantly better in my experience
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

ik this wasn't directed to me but for some reason i have more r5s than r4s.
  • Options
    r5 awakened 5* Hyperion

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

I only have 8, lol

ik this wasn't directed to me but for some reason i have more r5s than r4s.
    Me too
    Like double the amount ☹️