**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Champs by Class Discussion - Mutant

Comments

• Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

Also Domino gets points for being a possible defender as well. AA has zero use for AWD

Defense shouldn't really matter here. Ghost is not such a good defender but she is still one of the best on offense.
    That's why it's bonus points for that
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Magneto and Colossus are also parry-heavy in nature for effectiveness. Why aren't you talking about them?

Magneto at high sig isn't parry reliant if you know how to play him. His heavies are unstoppable and his damage taken in minimal 😉
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Magneto and Colossus are also parry-heavy in nature for effectiveness. Why aren't you talking about them?

Magneto at high sig isn't parry reliant if you know how to play him. His heavies are unstoppable and his damage taken in minimal 😉
    but he’s still parry-heavy. That’s his playstyle.

half the mutant class is parry-heavy if we’re being honest
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Also, there's no way in hell that Archangel should be an honorable mention when Domino made the list.

Yes, like how the hell, how?!
    Against champs who are bleed or poison immune AA is mediocre at best. Domino doesn't have nearly as many bad matchups
    Every Champion has their weaknesses, broham. If we're discussing this on basis of performance, then we should assume that we're talking of these champs at their ideal conditions, right?

Compare archangel vs immunes to Magneto vs nonmetal, omega vs robots and Colossus vs something like spite.
    I simply don't care about Domino enough to compare her to the likes of these 4, because she doesn't come close.
    Clearly you don't have much experience playing Domino if that's your synopsis 🤷🏻‍♂️
    What are you insinuating?

I've played Domino enough to realize she doesn't have reliable utility for majority of late game content that's enough to justify wasting 2 other slots on a team just for her to be relatively effective. Whereas archangel is a one man army who can clear multiple act 6 lanes with not another soul on the team.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh yeah, cause taking 4k damage and only being able to throw a heavy every 4 seconds is extremely practical...
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Also, there's no way in hell that Archangel should be an honorable mention when Domino made the list.

Against champs who are bleed or poison immune AA is mediocre at best. Domino doesn't have nearly as many bad matchups
    Every Champion has their weaknesses, broham. If we're discussing this on basis of performance, then we should assume that we're talking of these champs at their ideal conditions, right?

Compare archangel vs immunes to Magneto vs nonmetal, omega vs robots and Colossus vs something like spite.
    I simply don't care about Domino enough to compare her to the likes of these 4, because she doesn't come close.
    Clearly you don't have much experience playing Domino if that's your synopsis 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've played Domino enough to realize she doesn't have reliable utility for majority of late game content that's enough to justify wasting 2 other slots on a team just for her to be relatively effective. Whereas archangel is a one man army who can clear multiple act 6 lanes with not another soul on the team.
    And yet Domino can destroy LoL because her synergies mean you will always get reliable stun to party whereas AA peters out after a few stuns.

Hell, he won't even get you past Red Hulk 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

This is the first thing that came to my mind
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Omega
    Mutant is becoming my least favourite class.

Because threads about mutants, or even not about mutants, turn into sh*t lobbing competitions. Every. Single. Time.

Not to mention it seems like half the people in the threads have no clue what they are on about.

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus and Havok are overrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

There we are, never have to look at the thread again.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

And yet Domino can destroy LoL because her synergies mean you will always get reliable stun to party whereas AA peters out after a few stuns.

It is possible to play without parry-stun.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Oh, that's amazing! 1 piece of content that she's a decent option for!

And you should really do some research before saying dumb stuff:
    https://youtu.be/qPgIRx8Ou7g

(He only died cause of mess-ups and this is just a R4)
  • Options
    Archangel
    DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

LoL is just one aspect of the game that no one really cares about anymore. In literally every other piece of content does archangel leave Domino in the dust. And from your analogy about Magneto earlier, I might as well just heavy counter with AA right? And wait a hot minute... did you suddenly forget that incinerate immunity also exists, or are you tripping?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Omega

Because threads about mutants, or even not about mutants, turn into sh*t lobbing competitions. Every. Single. Time.

Not to mention it seems like half the people in the threads have no clue what they are on about.

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus is overrated and Havok is underrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

@Rockypantherx I fixed it for ya.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus is overrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

You lecture me about editing quotes yet here you are...
  • Options
    Etjama said:

<

And I'm sure you used that AA for all the other fights 😂
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Omega
    Etjama said:

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus is overrated and Havok is underrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

Why you little...
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Etjama said:

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus and Havok are overrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

Why you little...
    He’s a sneaky boi
  • Options
    Archangel
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

<

Again, LoL is one part of the game that no one really cares about. Why not be sensible and talk about other content that actually hold water in today's meta?
  • Options
    Omega
    Kill_Grey said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

<

Again, LoL is one part of the game that no one really cares about. Why not be sensible and talk about other content that actually hold water in today's meta?
    ^ This. And I'm just proving AA is viable in LoL whenever he can heavy counter. Which is a lot. He heavy counters really well.
  • Options
    Omega

Etjama said:

Archangel>>>>>Domino. Omega is the best mutant. Emma is underrated. Colossus is overrated. Mags is a freaking monster.

You lecture me about editing quotes yet here you are...

Etjama said:

Why you little...

Etjama said:

Why you little...
    He’s a sneaky boi
    Gotta defend my boi.
  • Options
    And yet look at this chart. All those champs on the right side minimize AA to a large extent. That's not even including nodes that minimize bleed/poison
  • Options
    DalBot said:

And yet look at this chart. All those champs on the right side minimize AA to a large extent. That's not even including nodes that minimize bleed/poison

why doesn’t surfer have the 100% resistance? He’s not immune
  • Options
    NiceeeeNiceeee Posts: 125 ★★
    edited November 2020
    DalBot said:

43 champs have some kind of bleed/poison immunity/resistance out of 187.
    And please stop
  • Options
    Omega
    DalBot said:

And Mags is only great against metal champs. But he's considered to be so good because of his complete dominance over those champs, same goes for Archangel. You're just too biased to see it. AA is one of the best possible options against anyone that's not bleed/poison immune while Domino is okay against most champs and can't do anything against champs/nodes that require actual counters. Guess which one I hold in a higher regard?
  • Options
    Etjama said:

DalBot said:

And Mags is only great against metal champs. But he's considered to be so good because of his complete dominance over those champs, same goes for Archangel. You're just too biased to see it. AA is one of the best possible options against anyone that's not bleed/poison immune while Domino is okay against most champs and can't do anything against champs/nodes that require actual counters. Guess which one I hold in a higher regard?
    Not true at all. Any champ who bleeds he can shred with the SP2 or SP3. Even ones who don't he can still destroy with the SP2. Plus he's amazing for CSWS with heavies, he's tanky and bleed resistance is better than immunity because it's free heal with willpower.
  • Options
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Not true at all. Any champ who bleeds he can shred with the SP2 or SP3. Even ones who don't he can still destroy with the SP2. Plus he's amazing for CSWS with heavies, he's tanky and bleed resistance is better than immunity because it's free heal with willpower.
    Why would you use him against non-metal champs when there are much better options? If you took away all his abilities against metal champions, he wouldn't be that great. That's the point.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Why would you use him against non-metal champs when there are much better options? If you took away all his abilities against metal champions, he wouldn't be that great. That's the point.
    So 100K+ SP2s and bleeds at over 4K a tic from SP3 just mean nothing? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Point is you can bring him as a quest champ and even his "bad" fights he's still far better than 95% of champs
  • Options
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Not enough to make me use him against non-metal champs when I don't need to. Especially since his utility isn't there.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Not enough to make me use him against non-metal champs when I don't need to. Especially since his utility isn't there.

How does AA do in fights where you nuke his go to ability? If he can't bleed or poison he's functionally worthless.

Mags at his worst is still elite.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

It means something but he definitely is not as good as so so so many other champions when against non-metals