**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena help is not working

Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
So there are all sorts of issues in the arenas. First of all when I finish my fights only a few times I can actually ask for help, cause it's often so that my champs just disappear. Then when I do ask for help they get stuck there and it's annoying when I have to pick the next 3 champs. Also, recently I noticed that my champs were always coming back from cooldown after many hours. The entire 7 hours for 5 stars and 11 hours for 6 stars (this may be inaccurate, I'm trying to remember the exact numbers). I was kinda pissed at my alliance mates thinking they're never pressing the help button but then I went to check my 111 request for help and found this out:

So right now we're 28 in my alliance. So since I can't help myself there are 27 people who can press the help button. Well apparently now unless all 27 people press that help button my champs will stay on cooldown the entire time. I'm absolutely sure it wasn't like this before and I haven't read anything about this change. I think it was something like 5 people helping would cut the cooldown? I'm not sure. I think it was 5 people for arenas and 7 for energy. Something along these lines. I'm just saying I never saw 27 help needed for each champ. I'm never getting them back ahead of time.

Comments

• Think you are misunderstanding the meaning of cool down.
    It was never a requirement that all 5 helps (10 for energy, not 7) were needed before your champs became available again,

Arena champs have cool down “starting” durations of 2/7/11 (used to be 2/7/12) hrs (for 1/2/3/4*, 5*, and 6* respectively) and then each Help given would reduce that by a little bit.

Champs will always eventually become available again, even if 29 (or 27) teammates don’t give you help.
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★

Think you are misunderstanding the meaning of cool down.
    It was never a requirement that all 5 helps (10 for energy, not 7) were needed before your champs became available again,

Arena champs have cool down “starting” durations of 2/7/11 (used to be 2/7/12) hrs (for 1/2/3/4*, 5*, and 6* respectively) and then each Help given would reduce that by a little bit.

Champs will always eventually become available again, even if 29 (or 27) teammates don’t give you help.

Ok I didn't know this but is it just me noticing that the cooldown is always taking the full 2/7/11 hours?
  • 4* is only reduced by 2 minutes per Help given, and 5*/6* is 7 minutes per Help given.
    (But might be capped at max of 5 Helps, like old design, despite what new screen says up to 29)

Also, Help Screen (pic above) I think continues to show a champ for 12 hours, even if their 2 or 7 hr cool down has already ended (redesign still needs work).

Also, lot of teammates probably no longer Giving Help since Help System got broken weeks ago, so may not be enough giving help to notice a reduced refresh time.