**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think Immortal Hulk needs a tune-up?

Comments

• O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 140 ★★
    edited November 2020
    No
    I would prefer usual Hulk to be updated. Approximately to the level how he was during event with infinity gems.

Usual Hulk should be insane and amazing.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Yes
    IHulk needs a major tune-up.

His Immortality cooldown needs to be decrease from 50 sec to about 25 sec. too much time lingering around with 1% HP

Also his rage stacks needs to stay consistent a little bit longer, they decrease too rapidly.

• UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Yes
    Haji_Saab said:

Don't know .. haven't used him ...

But rule of thumb is that if a champ's main USP is his damage, then he needs to compare with the best of the best, otherwise he/she will never be used.

I agree. Had his kit included some bits of utility, people wouldn't be so angry since they could actually use him.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Regardless of the fact that not every champ needs to be OP, I think the real issue is that

He’s the Hulk. A beloved character that we expected a little more from.

Maybe shame on us for believing Kabam would take care of a classic Marvel icon.

He’s the 4th best Hulk in the game. Better than Fixit and OG. He has that so that’s something.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No
    Crcrcrc said:

Rookiie said:

Thanks @Unio77
    So I just saw something interesting @Chikel :
    BG was heal blocked at the beginning of the fight against Scarlet Witch, and he couldn't activate Immortality. That means he had to spend 50 seconds at 1% and hope that he doesn't get heal blocked the second time to regen; assuming he stayed alive to make it to the second time.
    BG got knocked out, didn't revive, deemed it impractical and quit ROL.

Yeah, he needs to be heal block immune too. Otherwise he is useless
    Hmm
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No
    We probably just have to wait a little bit and figure out how to use him.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    Yes

Been using the 4* (I got in the crystal bundle).

He’s so much fun but useless in most relevant content. He needs something. His mechanics are very fractured and if you don’t have the perfect circumstance he’s not going to help you.

He’s not meant for long fights. He’s going to be good in fights where he’s already overpowered. The Degen needs to be increased to 80%, 60 is not cutting it. I saw the Rage is already increased to 2 seconds from 1.5, that’s a win but kinda not a big deal.

His petrify is useless in almost every fight.

He needs to access something immediately to make him useful. Like she hulk - she hits a heavy and then slow.

The fact that you can eliminate immortality with ability accuracy sucks. He’s not a good defender.

It’s so frustrating. He’s the hulk. Ugh

Thank you so much for your review. It's insightful and backs up everything we have seen from the gameplay videos. Hopefully Kabam will listen to us.
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

He’s so much fun but useless in most relevant content. He needs something. His mechanics are very fractured and if you don’t have the perfect circumstance he’s not going to help you.

He’s not meant for long fights. He’s going to be good in fights where he’s already overpowered. The Degen needs to be increased to 80%, 60 is not cutting it. I saw the Rage is already increased to 2 seconds from 1.5, that’s a win but kinda not a big deal.

He needs to access something immediately to make him useful. Like she hulk - she hits a heavy and then slow.

The fact that you can eliminate immortality with ability accuracy sucks. He’s not a good defender.

Thank you so much for your review. It's insightful and backs up everything we have seen from the gameplay videos. Hopefully Kabam will listen to us.
    I keep plugging away with him. Trying to maximize his use. I’ll post more content in a bit. Kabam - please please help us. We want him to be better than this.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Yes

I would choose relevant over fun. The fun factor is important but it will soon die out as soon as he becomes stagnant for current and future content.

Yes

I would choose relevant over fun. The fun factor is important but it will soon die out as soon as he becomes stagnant for current and future content.

I also choose relevant over fun. But that’s what he is for now. Kabam, look at all of this!!!! Please respond! I don’t want to grind/try for him if he’s this way.
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Ok so I pulled this guy from early access bundles. 5* rank 2 unawakened. He is easy to play but at the cost of killing yourself. Rage timers need to be at least 2.6-3 sec due to losing said rage when you are fighting a passive AI. His health should be increased due to losing so much while rage ticks away. His heavy often whiffs and his special 1 is not thought out enough. His damage is lacking considerably less than some recent champs his rotation often has you waiting till his heal kicks in to rejoin the fight that simple wait time should be cut in half. As against an aggressive AI could find yourself against the wall having to try and dex more than needed. I think a simple tune up with timers would change his overall kit and make him a more lasting playable champ but most of all fix his heavy and sp1 to actually have a higher chance to land
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No

I also choose relevant over fun. But that’s what he is for now. Kabam, look at all of this!!!! Please respond! I don’t want to grind/try for him if he’s this way.
    I gonna be honest, he has big damage numbers and for this champ I hope he stays fun. All these complaints and they are gonna remake him to have a lame playstyle like Ghost or Quake, but be more powerful. I just want to have fun in the game with cool characters.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No

Crcrcrc said:

I gonna be honest, he has big damage numbers and for this champ I hope he stays fun. All these complaints and they are gonna remake him to have a lame playstyle like Ghost or Quake, but be more powerful. I just want to have fun in the game with cool characters.
    I’m sick of Quake and Ghost and this is the Hulk so I’d be okay with that. Even a modest tweak would make me happy and then I’d go for crystals and grind. Right now, it’s not worth it.
    I think if they make him immune to AAR and lose health at half the speed with Rage, he would be fine. Maybe increase the rage timer too, but that isn't a major problem.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Yes
    His weird mechanics remind me of Moon Knight's in that they are kinda cool in their uniqueness, but also WTHWYT stupid in their impracticality. They're so impractical that he should be op to justify the inevitable potions and revives using him over someone else will require.
    Yes
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I’m sick of Quake and Ghost and this is the Hulk so I’d be okay with that. Even a modest tweak would make me happy and then I’d go for crystals and grind. Right now, it’s not worth it.
    I think if they make him immune to AAR and lose health at half the speed with Rage, he would be fine. Maybe increase the rage timer too, but that isn't a major problem.
    It reads rage expires after 2 seconds on my 4*. Did they already increase it?
    Yes
    If you look at the rage stacks, Kabam has already increased it to 2 seconds from 1.5

That’s a start but there needs to be a few more things before he is viable.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    No
    I get that he doesn't seem to be that good of a champion, but he has yet to be released in the game, so I'd give it a few months before we reach any conclusions. Cause who knows, maybe his use will come later on, I mean there's plenty of other champs that have looked pretty average at first but now are considered gods of the contest.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    Yes, but the OG Hulk and Joe Fix-it needs way more of a tune up than the new one.
    Yes
    Rookiie said:

Okay, playing around with him some more - here are two points of contention that if fixed to some capacity, would make him pretty much viable for a ton of stuff.

Degen - 60% is stored.

1. Either Degen should be stored at 80-90% As gamma radiation or

2. 60% of all energy damage to include Degen is stored as gamma radiation. This would FOR SURE make him worth having. Incinerate, cold snap, etc. It gives him so much utility but not enough where it won’t kill him but cut into his health.

Rage attacks paused

during opponent specials Rage attacks are paused, and not only paused but reset. In the comics and cartoons if an opponent would try to harm him during a fight with a special attack of some kind it would just piss him off.

Immortality cool down

Must be reduced. Especially if the above isn’t a consideration. If two of the above are adopted, then this can stay at 50s.

Sig ability: gamma radiation benefits. The stun at 4% is pretty much 1 of 25 hits will stun an opponent for 0.75s. Either raise the percentage chance or raise the stun duration. The weakness one is fine, and the petrify one is mediocre. If you raised the rage charges like above then the petrify would be useful.

Overall he’s fun but I can’t stress how he needs to be overhauled before release. It begs the question - if not a specific new mechanic for the game, why make a new hulk if he’s not going to be game inclusive for better content (AQ/AW, etc).

Excellent feedback. Very insightful. Thank you & feel free to keep them coming.
    Do we know if anyone is reading this? Should we post these elsewhere?