**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Immortal Hulk is actually GOOD

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
Now lots of people are saying he’s bad, lacks utility etc however I disagree greatly with this.

First let’s start of with the damage. With the correct rotation the damage that the 6* R2 Seatin was using in his video was INSANE. He was consistently landing 22k+ medium attacks with the correct ramp up. That’s comparable to Ægon at god combo. Near in mind Ægon needs 999 hits to get there. iHulk doesn’t.

Utility wise he is good. Poison immunity, recoil immunity (sort of) means he’s great with suicides. He also has the combat power rate reduction which, paired with parry + petrify can reach 80% resonably. He also has a petrify with his awakened ability and whilst it’s not as good as those of She-Hulk or Void it is still a good utility. Additionally his immortality (and 2nd highest health in game) allows him to tank LOTS of damage where that’s from L3s or DOT effects. Lest we forget his interactions with degeneration. Finally his main damage source isn’t from crits/specials which are commonly punished in endgame content but from secondary damage. (He’s XL as well, great for V2)

Now many criticise him saying immortality is AAR vulnerable but I believe that makes him a better character. Who would reasonably want to fight a champion that can regenerate as much as he can, it’s good that he has a **** in his armour brining him balance. He is a science champions, AAR is aa ability often tied to skill champions meaning that the weakness makes sense. (Also you can’t complain about an AAR vulnerability yet you praise Quake, a champion who is unplayable if AAR is present)

Finally some say the playstyle is risky and not worth the reward. I don’t agree AT ALL. The immortality is a safety net if ever there was one and even then you do not HAVE to play him on low health, simply land heavy attacks and chain into specials should be enough to nuke most fights. Also if played on low health intercepting exists, use it.

I think he’s a great champion with massive damage, good utility in lots of places and decent balanced abilities that make sense in the game. Disagree all you want but just wait, in time you’ll get pro iHulk players shredding through war and Act 7.

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I agree that he is pretty good but they need to increase his rage timer. It might be a bit too stressful to keep up in proper endgame scenarios. He is sorta like Annihilus in that he is stressful to play however, iHulk does have a good payoff.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    He might be good in a lot of hit and go scenarios like i would definatley use him against the collector
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    the only thing i can see him being useful for is if you save him and kamikaze him on the boss of a quest.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    TP33 said:

Now lots of people are saying he’s bad, lacks utility etc however I disagree greatly with this.

First let’s start of with the damage. With the correct rotation the damage that the 6* R2 Seatin was using in his video was INSANE. He was consistently landing 22k+ medium attacks with the correct ramp up. That’s comparable to Ægon at god combo. Near in mind Ægon needs 999 hits to get there. iHulk doesn’t.

Utility wise he is good. Poison immunity, recoil immunity (sort of) means he’s great with suicides. He also has the combat power rate reduction which, paired with parry + petrify can reach 80% resonably. He also has a petrify with his awakened ability and whilst it’s not as good as those of She-Hulk or Void it is still a good utility. Additionally his immortality (and 2nd highest health in game) allows him to tank LOTS of damage where that’s from L3s or DOT effects. Lest we forget his interactions with degeneration. Finally his main damage source isn’t from crits/specials which are commonly punished in endgame content but from secondary damage. (He’s XL as well, great for V2)

Now many criticise him saying immortality is AAR vulnerable but I believe that makes him a better character. Who would reasonably want to fight a champion that can regenerate as much as he can, it’s good that he has a **** in his armour brining him balance. He is a science champions, AAR is aa ability often tied to skill champions meaning that the weakness makes sense. (Also you can’t complain about an AAR vulnerability yet you praise Quake, a champion who is unplayable if AAR is present)

Finally some say the playstyle is risky and not worth the reward. I don’t agree AT ALL. The immortality is a safety net if ever there was one and even then you do not HAVE to play him on low health, simply land heavy attacks and chain into specials should be enough to nuke most fights. Also if played on low health intercepting exists, use it.

I think he’s a great champion with massive damage, good utility in lots of places and decent balanced abilities that make sense in the game. Disagree all you want but just wait, in time you’ll get pro iHulk players shredding through war and Act 7.

Just want to say something about the quake AAR vulnerability. First off, AAR for Quake usually can be bypassed, and no she isn't unplayable with AAR. You can just parry instead of dexing, and usually the AAR can be bypassed(unless it's the collector) with her concussion if you do the heavy trick at the beginning. I've almost gotten solos with quake with no synergies on the collector so shes defintely still viable for AAR if there isn't true strike
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    He looks good for EQ up to uncollected level, but dem cavalier healthpools will be an issue unless you can do the hokey pokey (and you turn your health around :D ) .
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Moot4Life said:

the only thing i can see him being useful for is if you save him and kamikaze him on the boss of a quest.

Ya like the collector
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Yes he’s good but very impractical to play, you basically can’t use him anywhere.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

that's what i was gonna say. he is a champ you would bring in for one fight.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    TP33 said:

I was lucky to pull a 6 star from the early access and i totally disagree with your take, i don't think he's trash but i don't think he's that good I've been playing him for hours and i cant see any case where i would take him to rank 2 over Red Hulk or Hulk rag, in the science class i would take Quake, Human torch, Red Guard, Red Hulk, Hulk Rag, Cap IW, and Void over him any day of the week ill put him on par with sentry, don't think he's trash i just don't think he's special i would say he's average at best.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Good write up. He definitely doesn't seem to be as bad as certain people seem to be responding as.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Kabam's 'timer based' ramp up champions in general. This is because it makes the champions stressful to play (not as fun unless you enjoy that), and rarely does the content you're facing make it easy to do.

Silver Surfer, (likely) Immortal Hulk, Cosmic Ghost Rider are all great once ramped up, but again, the AI/node is usually unfavorable, and it is too much work. CGR is great for some people, but I'd take a Corvus or Hyperion any day, since I can control my rotation.

Sparky requires ramp up, but its not timer based and you are totally in control of what is happening. I think more champions should follow this model as opposed to Kabam's infatuation with timers.
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    altavista said:

Good write up. He definitely doesn't seem to be as bad as certain people seem to be responding as.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Kabam's 'timer based' ramp up champions in general. This is because it makes the champions stressful to play (not as fun unless you enjoy that), and rarely does the content you're facing make it easy to do.

Silver Surfer, (likely) Immortal Hulk, Cosmic Ghost Rider are all great once ramped up, but again, the AI/node is usually unfavorable, and it is too much work. CGR is great for some people, but I'd take a Corvus or Hyperion any day, since I can control my rotation.

Sparky requires ramp up, but its not timer based and you are totally in control of what is happening. I think more champions should follow this model as opposed to Kabam's infatuation with timers.

CGR is wayyyyyy better than Hyperion and this argument was debunked earlier this month, CGR's rotation is extremely versatile and is completely controllable
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

altavista said:

CGR is wayyyyyy better than Hyperion and this argument was debunked earlier this month, CGR's rotation is extremely versatile and is completely controllable
    With all the hype around champions, the truth is always in the middle between Impractical vs easy to dominate content. I agree that the CGR backlash swung the pendulum too far towards the impractical side of things.

But again, this is all personal preference. I prefer being able to focus on the fight itself than having to focus on icons below the health bar. Sure, with CG and Hyp you are paying attention to the charges or power gain/furies, respectively, but it doesn't require as much focus.