**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awakening Gem + Rankup Help

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Recently I've picked up a ton of new champs, and some catalysts are becoming a bit dry, while others are overflowing, so I'm going to need some help deciding.

For the generic ag, I have one obvious choice. You might think that CAIW is the easy choice. I have 60ish science sigs and 125 generics. However, I am hunting for Aegon and Nick Fury, and as you know, aegon neeeds sigs, and if I use all my generics on caiw, I would only have 60ish skill sigs for aegon. If I split my generics between them, each would be about sig 120. Aegon would retain about 60% of his combo and CAIW would have about 70% chance to proc.

My question is, should I awaken CAIW and if I do, how many sigs should I pump into him, keeping in mind I am hunting Aegon. If I do awaken him and sig him up, should I rank 5 him over anyone in my roster? I wouldn't be able to r5 him anytime soon, but it would be in the back of my head. Should I rank someone else instead and save my ag? Should I rank someone else but use the ag?

I have tons of cosmic and skill t4cc in the overflow and some science and mutant in there too. I'm basically bone dry on mystic and an ok amount in tech. My general plan was to get both t4cc selectors and choose mystic and take Kali to r3. Then KM to r4 to clear some of the skill t4cc. Then nova (awd) to r3 or cmm to r5 to clear the cosmic t4cc. Basically, I'm trying to not have any t4cc expire.

Basically, I'm asking who I use the ag on, where to invest sigs, and who to rank up

edit: also, how useful even is cap's sig?

Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Aegon from my experience is good enough at around sig 70-90. So, probably awaken cap iw and pump most of your sig stones into him and save around 20-30 generics for Aegon.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Aegon from my experience is good enough at around sig 70-90. So, probably awaken cap iw and pump most of your sig stones into him and save around 20-30 generics for Aegon.

Thats what I heard from other people too. What does CAIW do for my roster though? @The_Sentry06
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Cap iw is a utility machine awakened and you lack a top Science champ.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    CAIW is so good! I got him last year and took him from sig 1 to 200 as fast as I could. His block prof is over the roof. When you pair him with other champs when he is awakened he is godly. When you pair him with a cosmic champ, he can be a very good Emma Frost counter. When you pair him with a tech champ he's able to place a 25% petrify. If you have the petrify and despair mastery, that 25% goes over 100 in like 2 parries. Overall his is an amazing character. If I were you, bring him to 120, save the rest for Aegon. Then when you get more science, start putting them in him.
    Hope this helps you
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

*cough* Human Torch *cough*

I have torch and he was going to in my next 3-4 r5s. Specifically what does caiw do? Like what is a fight that caiw is good for or a certain node or something that caiw excels at that my roster cannot handle

CAIW is so good! I got him last year and took him from sig 1 to 200 as fast as I could. His block prof is over the roof. When you pair him with other champs when he is awakened he is godly. When you pair him with a cosmic champ, he can be a very good Emma Frost counter. When you pair him with a tech champ he's able to place a 25% petrify. If you have the petrify and despair mastery, that 25% goes over 100 in like 2 parries. Overall his is an amazing character. If I were you, bring him to 120, save the rest for Aegon. Then when you get more science, start putting them in him.
    Hope this helps you

Thanks, that's super helpful
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    + His glancing is very handy
    edited November 2020
    Should i r5 him next or would you recommend taking up other people? And just in general who would you rank up?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    CapIW at max sig, at the cost of 1 kinetic charge:
    - with skill synergy he can purify a debuff. Any debuff. Stun, falter, bleed, whatever. Kinda sucks when you wanna heal with willpower but otherwise amazing.
    - with a mutant he gains back 1 kinetic charge after an sp. without them he can't do all his stuff so it's useful I find for unstoppables. i've forgotten about it, and went in, for once not having a mutant, opponent was unstoppable, and i got battered
    - with a tech, he gains petrify. now, its only a 25% petrify as opposed to Void's 100% i believe (?), but all you need to do to get it is parry. and he can heal reverse. petrify also shuts down doom's aura.
    - with a cosmic, he applies armour break. Emma Frost - simple. Those energy node thingys? the Coldsnap one I think is disabled by armour break. watch out for dragon man
    - science = weakness
    tech&science&cosmic with despair should mean no healing. and faster heal reversal.
    idk what the mystic synergy does.
    on top of that, he hits like a truck, can take hits bc glancing and has perfect-near perfect block.
    i dunno if you don't have them all covered already but might help a little.
    Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...

I have torch and he was going to in my next 3-4 r5s. Specifically what does caiw do? Like what is a fight that caiw is good for or a certain node or something that caiw excels at that my roster cannot handle
    Super tanky,perfect parries,evade counter, truckload of utility through Awakened ability already explained by @Fluffy_paws , can counter all the mystics just like torch and quake. At max sig I would prefer him over torch.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...
    Well uncle you didn't understand me correctly. When I said you lack a top Science champ, by top I meant r5.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    CapIW really should be sig 200. Otherwise, his utility is unreliable and you may find yourself frustrated when he fails to activate some part of his sig that you were counting on. (i.e. you were banking on his sig purifying a certain debuff, it fails to activate, and you lose a chunk of health...or your petrify debuffs faily to apply 2 parries in a row and the enemy regenerates a massive amount).

He's certainly not bad under sig 200, just not reliable.

I also rarely see people talk about his SP1. You can bypass a lot of things with that while kinetically charged, as it reduces the opponent's defensive ability accuracy by 100% for the duration of the attack (for example, if you take Magik over a bar of power with his SP1, she will not activate Limbo).
    I'm actually in the same situation as you. I have 2 generic gems and 4 class gems sitting there and I could use one on CAIW, but I don't have enough Science sigs for awakening him to make sense. I could get him near sig 200 with generics, but I'm saving those for Omega since I'm getting suicides soon and have been grinding out the Skill/Mutant crystals. I'll pull the trigger if I get enough Science stones.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I kinda agree with the above though. I didn't give him a AG till i could get him near max sig. He was fine without (damage wise) and I didn't want the unreliablity of 30% chance, incase I told myself it'd be fine and I could chance it, and things inevitably went bad
    Thanks, peeps. I have magik and g2099 for power control, warlock and aa for heal block, Debuff purify is nice, seeing as I don't have a skill champ that does that, but ghost does a lot of my dot stuff. Armor break is definitely something that will be useful. I was planning to mostly do doom plus synergy for that, but this is better.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...
    Well uncle you didn't understand me correctly. When I said you lack a top Science champ, by top I meant r5.
    "You lack a top Science champ." Has a top Science champ. "By top I meant R5." That champ is worthy of R5, just isn't ranked up yet. So he should pull the trigger on Cap because he doesn't have the catalysts to put into his amazing Science champ yet? You're not making much sense there, "Uncle".
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...
    "You lack a top Science champ." Has a top Science champ. "By top I meant R5." That champ is worthy of R5, just isn't ranked up yet. So he should pull the trigger on Cap because he doesn't have the catalysts to put into his amazing Science champ yet? You're not making much sense there, "Uncle".
    We both can't be uncles. Both torch and cap are amazing. If cap can't be high sigged then torch is perfect.
    edited November 2020

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...
    We both can't be uncles. Both torch and cap are amazing. If cap can't be high sigged then torch is perfect.
    While HT is more niche, he's a god of Abyss, and used much more often in high tier wars. Plus he deals with more problem fights in Act 6. I'd personally choose HT over Cap.

And fine, you can be "Auntie". 😂
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...
    While HT is more niche, he's a god of Abyss, and used much more often in high tier wars. Plus he deals with more problem fights in Act 6. I'd personally choose HT over Cap.

I am not the one finding a monkey to be hot. Auntie :wink:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...

what in the heck did this turn into

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...

I myself am feeling weird. Sorry @Etjama for that previous comment.
    edited November 2020

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...

Redacted so I don't get jailed again. Let's just say it was a sexy monkey. 😂

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

He is not at r5 though.
    Well neither is CAIW...

I myself am feeling weird. Sorry @Etjama for that previous comment.
    You can always rely on me to make it weirder. 😂
    Weirdo vs beardo
    Men don't flirt each other

Men don't flirt each other
    but you boys do