**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I noticed something odd with the storyline in heroic....

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Hey Kabam,

I noticed that some of the storyline dialogue didn't appear in Heroic but they did show in uncollected. Is this a bug or something that has always happened?

Here's a dialogue scene that didn't trigger when I arrived at Sasquatch in heroic but it did show in Uncollected.

Comments

• Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Honestly I never read the story dialogues while doing heroic because I read them during uncollected initial clear, but let me check and see
  • Options

Honestly I never read the story dialogues while doing heroic because I read them during uncollected initial clear, but let me check and see

I live for the storylines every monthly event lol. Sometimes I won't even start the event until I get home from work so I can take my time reading them.
    Same here but reading them every single time you're running through the quest kinda becomes tedious lol,
    Which is why I read once and then skip everytime
    Same here. Once I finished the storyline, I don't read them until I finished all the difficulty levels worth doing and I'm on the last path of each tile.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I only read them once. So keen of you to notice that!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Thanks! This month's storyline was 🔥🔥🔥

Especially for someone who has never read the Immortal Hulk
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

It is written by the same writer Al Ewing who has written immortal hulk comic. This guy is just amazing.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    ummm. I think it was in heroic because thats the one I read, the rest I skip through master/UC/Cav.

Now what really blew my mind, I dont remember fighting maestro in heroic (its gladiator hulk) but he is in master. I dont really take much notice of the boss fights below UC so are different boss fights a thing?
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Ab_Samad said:

Ahh some story lovers here. Can we discuss how sarcastic hulk was lmao

Lol I know right,his diss on Hawkeye really got me
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Ab_Samad said:

dude he was amazing i want him to come back
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

It is written by the same writer Al Ewing who has written immortal hulk comic. This guy is just amazing.
    That's really interesting!

I really enjoyed this week's story.

I particularly enjoyed (1) use of the older 'original' avengers rather than IMIW and CAIW like usual, and (2) tying miniboss fights into the story nicely. The final boss is always relevant to the story, but it was nice to see multiple minibosses who actually had relevance to the ongoing story.
    Yes, it’s refreshing to see og Iron Man instead of IMIW
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Yep it was refreshing to see og avengers and man the minis were so well tied to story l was shocked when Hawkeye confessed that he killed Banner
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Overall great story and so were the past 2
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★

ummm. I think it was in heroic because thats the one I read, the rest I skip through master/UC/Cav.

Now what really blew my mind, I dont remember fighting maestro in heroic (its gladiator hulk) but he is in master. I dont really take much notice of the boss fights below UC so are different boss fights a thing?

Yes Hulk (Ragnarok) is Normal and Heroic Chapter 2 ep. 2 bosses

Maestro for Master, Uncollected and Cavalier

Its great as we can practice evading his L1
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Agreed on the Hulk's dis on Hawkeye. He hurt the poor guy right in the heart lol
    My actual interest though was something Hulk was saying when he was talking to the summoner, dont remember exactly what was said, the was he said it made me think that this stronger and smarter hulk has now also become self aware that he is in a game, kinda like Deadpool.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Ab_Samad said:

His roasts were legendary. Sure he dissed everyone, including you, once, but damn the Hawkeye roasts just didn't stop. Human Torch would be jealous
  • Options
    KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★

Hey Kabam,

I noticed that some of the storyline dialogue didn't appear in Heroic but they did show in uncollected. Is this a bug or something that has always happened?

Here's a dialogue scene that didn't trigger when I arrived at Sasquatch in heroic but it did show in Uncollected.

I also didn't see that part in Heroic. Thanks for pointing that out, as I would otherwise have missed that part of the dialog. I too find the storylines one on the most enjoyable part of the game.

It has happened before. In the Quest Avengers Forever chapter 3.1, the lower difficulties had the 'normal' Thanos, while the higher difficulties had to fight the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and Nameless Thanos.
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    I think it will also be cool that there will be some additional stories or dialogue after defeating the 3.2 final boss.

Remember the G2099 comic style after defeating the boss? That was awesome
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The story was alright this month. I wasn't too stoked about it, but it's about average for MCOC, which is still really good. The writers for the game don't have to go as hard as they do, but I appreciate it.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★

Agreed on the Hulk's dis on Hawkeye. He hurt the poor guy right in the heart lol
    My actual interest though was something Hulk was saying when he was talking to the summoner, dont remember exactly what was said, the was he said it made me think that this stronger and smarter hulk has now also become self aware that he is in a game, kinda like Deadpool.

Knew ive seen it somewhere. yeah, he is totally breaking the 4th wall XD