**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes to the Captain America champs.

mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
Let me weave for you my tale of AW woe.

He started the leisurely path A in Alliance Wars this morning with the usual lineup. WWII was poised to take the long bout of excruciating evades from the 5* R3 Spidey before him with his trusty shield and newly upgraded 50+ sig since he was duped to the elation of his summoner the previous day. Upon entering battle, every block did significant damage. 300, 250, 350, 380, 0 was the first combo on his shield.

Cap began to panic and danced out of the slippery web crawlers grasp the best he could. After Spidey got a dex charge on him, cap's brow drenched with cold sweat began to boil and an angry grin grew up his chiseled jaw. "You're going down, you thin, slippery ****," cap jeered and began to launch an assault. Spidey's next evade forced Cap behind his shield to take another 5 hit combo. 300, 400, 0, 250, 300. He screamed, "WTH."

Cap went down with only 99 health remaining on Spidey after he launched his dreaded "evade before the animation completes and attack tactic", looking very much like a jerky, wet noodle being flung against the wall.

The summoner scratched his head and investigated as to why his previously glorious 30+ sig cap took less damage than a 50+ sig. Ah, it seems Kabam removed the description of "block proficiency" in his character profile. After 30+ sig stones were used for him....SW again..... so much wasted.

IT IS A SILENT NERF. SILENT NERF. SILENT NERF.

What I want:

A rank down ticket for the monstrosity of a champ that WWII has become after the 13.1 update. It was started on the forum that when "champs were changed" we would get more tickets. Removing caps block proficiency, like u tried to previously do in another update but that time at least the gaul to announce it, is a significant change to the hero and it breaks him.

Silent nerf to both caps!

Comments

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    what did it used to say?
  • SoundOfRevengeSoundOfRevenge Posts: 5
    The caps used to have a block proficiency increase in their abilities, now their block proficiency is just higher then every other champ, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. Cap WWII needs 3 buffs on the opponent to be usable, and OG cap needs to be at 2% health to get good block proficiency these days. Their main feature and use is now gone, and they hit so softly that the slightly better block proficiency doesn't even make up for it anymore. I haven't taken my WWII to AW in weeks because I kept dying with him.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The caps used to have a block proficiency increase in their abilities, now their block proficiency is just higher then every other champ, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. Cap WWII needs 3 buffs on the opponent to be usable, and OG cap needs to be at 2% health to get good block proficiency these days. Their main feature and use is now gone, and they hit so softly that the slightly better block proficiency doesn't even make up for it anymore. I haven't taken my WWII to AW in weeks because I kept dying with him.

Well damn, wasted resources on my WWII I recently r5ed.

Well damn, wasted resources on my WWII I recently r5ed.

Yea man sorry you had to waste those resources. Hopefully kabam will either fix him or send us some more rank down tickets with this mysterious 13.0 "bug month" compensation
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I'd rather R5 my damn Ant-Man. He'd at least be useful on AWD.
  • Son_of_Rage1Son_of_Rage1 Posts: 41
    Had a similiar experience. 4* 4/40. Cap WWII. AW against a stun immune Juggy. Cap played like a beast. 202 hit combo to Zero. Cap lost the battle when he was Knocked Out by blocking damage. He didn't take one hit. That's insane. Noticed too that Cap's damage output was drastically reduced. Juggy is normally taken out around 100-120 hits. But at 202 hits Juggy still had half of his health left.

iPhone 7
    Latest ISO
    App up to date
    Yea man he never hit the hardest to begin with, but that was always his weak spot. He had that super strong block proficiency to make up for it, but now it's straight stupid he has terrible defense and offense. Not like a star lord who has one of the strongest offenses in the game and his block proficiency isn't expected to be OP, caps is. Sadly he's lost his crown
    @Son_of_Rage1 ya, I think ewe definitely deserve an explanation as to why he was nerfed and it wasn't mentioned in the change log.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    I never found either Cap too useful to begin with. I usually dodge back after the first hit or two in an opponent's combo, at which point I either dash forward or try for Parry. So, basically the story is: Captain America (and WWII) have one good aspect, and that aspect isn't even too great to begin with. As if that's not bad enough, that one aspect was nerfed. Did I get that right? This is kind of like a minor version of Doctor Strange's nerf. He had low base rating, and his good aspect was his abilities. His abilities were nerfed, so now he's just a low rated character with mediocre status effects. Make these guys better, please.
    My main issue is the block proficiency in his description was removed. His base block rating in his stats remained the same. It's basically removing the only usefulness the champs have and only giving them a % chance to perfect block.
    Pop to the top.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I'm fairly certain it has been that way since 12.0 dropped. He has a higher block prof than most and a chance to perfect block. I could be wrong, but it seems the same to me. He hasn't been nearly as good about blocking since 12.0, but still better than most others.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Don't really get the hate cap ww2 gets while he does not have perfect on
    mydnight wrote: »
    Let me weave for you my tale of AW woe.

He started the leisurely path A in Alliance Wars this morning with the usual lineup. WWII was poised to take the long bout of excruciating evades from the 5* R3 Spidey before him with his trusty shield and newly upgraded 50+ sig since he was duped to the elation of his summoner the previous day. Upon entering battle, every block did significant damage. 300, 250, 350, 380, 0 was the first combo on his shield.

Cap began to panic and danced out of the slippery web crawlers grasp the best he could. After Spidey got a dex charge on him, cap's brow drenched with cold sweat began to boil and an angry grin grew up his chiseled jaw. "You're going down, you thin, slippery ****," cap jeered and began to launch an assault. Spidey's next evade forced Cap behind his shield to take another 5 hit combo. 300, 400, 0, 250, 300. He screamed, "WTH."

Cap went down with only 99 health remaining on Spidey after he launched his dreaded "evade before the animation completes and attack tactic", looking very much like a jerky, wet noodle being flung against the wall.

The summoner scratched his head and investigated as to why his previously glorious 30+ sig cap took less damage than a 50+ sig. Ah, it seems Kabam removed the description of "block proficiency" in his character profile. After 30+ sig stones were used for him....SW again..... so much wasted.

IT IS A SILENT NERF. SILENT NERF. SILENT NERF.

What I want:

A rank down ticket for the monstrosity of a champ that WWII has become after the 13.1 update. It was started on the forum that when "champs were changed" we would get more tickets. Removing caps block proficiency, like u tried to previously do in another update but that time at least the gaul to announce it, is a significant change to the hero and it breaks him.

Silent nerf to both caps!

After 12.0 before the second round of tickets was sent it was stated that he does not have pb anymore so don't really see how a rank down tickets now would apply
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I would love an update to cap or just a rank down ticket. He's not the same.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I just checked my own Captain America and Captain America WWII. As far as I can tell, they both look identical to how they looked after Kabam buffed both Cap's block stats after 12.0. And I've been looking at both Cap's stats almost continuously since 12.0 released as I was one of the people pointing out the huge block problem intrinsic to DR in 12.0, advocated for Cap's block capabilities to be increased post 12.0, and have been using Cap as an example for many of my DR posts since 12.0.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Let me get this straight. Based on one Fight in AW, with amped Nodes, you've deduced that he has been nerfed silently? Conspiracy much?
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Let me get this straight. Based on one Fight in AW, with amped Nodes, you've deduced that he has been nerfed silently? Conspiracy much?

He was nerfed tho then kabam buffed him I don't remember if it was stated in the og post but I believe they stated that it was a by product
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »

He was nerfed tho then kabam buffed him I don't remember if it was stated in the og post but I believe they stated that it was a by product

He was altered after 12.0 to allow 0 BP. It's not every hit. I've known this from using him. Some hits do Damage and some are zeroed. It's a chance. It increases with lowered Health for OG, and with opponents using Buffs for WW2. It's just a chance. Not 100% certainty. The harder the Fights, the harder it is to procure optimal Abilities. Especially when facing an amped up opponent as in AW and AQ.
    I would also examine the CR. If those are the same, it may not be a factor. If the Cap is R4 and the Spidey is R3, CR would lower BP.
    I'm mainly talking about WWII. I didn't expect perfect block. I expected not to take hundreds of blocking damage because he has decent block proficiency. It was in his description after 12.0. They decreased it to 20-30% from 50. It's an issue.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    I'm mainly talking about WWII. I didn't expect perfect block. I expected not to take hundreds of blocking damage because he has decent block proficiency. It was in his description after 12.0. They decreased it to 20-30% from 50. It's an issue.

What did they decrease?

Please be clear with what you are trying to say. You do realise his sig has nothing to do with his ability to mitigate damage during a block. It simply increases his chances of a perfect block while the opponent has buffs.

So my sig 40 r5 ww2 has 43.2% chance for perfect block while opponent has buffs PLUS the passive ability of 30% chance to block all damage.

Stands to reason if you block a lot you will take chip damage.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Wait until everyone has Yondu and Nightcrawler synergies in AWD. Captain will never be used again in war.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Wait until everyone has Yondu and Nightcrawler synergies in AWD. Captain will never be used again in war.

I actually expect just the opposite. Perfect block doesn't seem to be affected by block pen
    Need buffs for that but I get your point. I use him for nightcrawler a lot and he doesn't have many buffs...
    Hope you are right, I'm a big fan of CA
    Yes....need buffs for PERFECT BLOCK. I was stating his BLOCK PROFICIENCY was changed or nerfed. It used to he he could actually block without being totally killed in less than 30 seconds. I'm talking in 13.0. Now, he just loses huge chunks.

It was written, it's been taken away from his character description.
    Yes....need buffs for PERFECT BLOCK. I was stating his BLOCK PROFICIENCY was changed or nerfed. It used to he he could actually block without being totally killed in less than 30 seconds. I'm talking in 13.0. Now, he just loses huge chunks.

It was written, it's been taken away from his character description.

I suspect CR got a hold of you. His BP doesn't appear to have been changed. A 5* Spider-Man will reduce his BP and he hits very hard. He was nerfed very hard in 12.0 then got a buff but he's not as good as pre 12.0. Just my guess.
    I took him against a similar fight in 13.0. It was nothing like today. Well, Gears apparently are coming so we can pay to make him block again.
    Actually your CR should be the same. Beats the heck out of me man. Hope you get it figured out. Mine's taken chip damage ever since. 12.0.