**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

About compensation

GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
I hear so much people complaining about compensation. But this is the first game i've seen that has compensation.In most games I used to play I would buy something excellent for lets say 1,000,000 gold and then 1 week later it costs only 500,000 gold so just be grateful for when kabam gives us compensation people.

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I agree, people always act like they deserve it for issues. I had never even heard of in-game compensation before this one. It is incredibly generous. They give amazing rewards for free for basically no reason. If a game has bugs then usually developers just fix the bugs and are done with it. But Kabam goes the extra mile to send out an apology package, which is amazing.

Ya and the only thing the community can say about it is that they wanted rank up material not heals and revives
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    YEAH!!!!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

I agree. Although Act 6 comp is definitely viable and in order.

But games don't usually do that. They are not required to send out anything after changes. That was the point of this post.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

But games don't usually do that. They are not required to send out anything after changes. That was the point of this post.
    Marvel Strike Force does give compensation. Usually after a maintenance. Occasionally after some major issues but never for small things that mess up. None of them are very big packages like we've had in MCOC.
    Crcrcrc said:

Exactly I ounce played this game, and i was saving for something in the game for atleast 1 month and then when i get it a week later they reduce its price by 1/3 did I get a compensation from that game? no i didn't.

Crcrcrc said:

Marvel Strike Force does give compensation. Usually after a maintenance. Occasionally after some major issues but never for small things that mess up. None of them are very big packages like we've had in MCOC.
    They gave a decent one for the Symbiote Spiderman issue. But Kabam gives incredible packages every time.

Crcrcrc said:

Okay i've never played marvel strike force but i've heard of it before i didn't know they gave compensations.But as you said not as big as MCOC compensation

I 100% agree. They gave PROVENS 5* nexus's because of the down time in mcoc. Everyone was so mad at that problem and demanded compensation. I feel like our community makes kabam look so much worse than they actually are. Everyone complains about all the bugs in the game but it's normal for a game. No one can change my mind.

I totally agree with that, kabam is working on the bugs but it takes a while to fix bugs. Bugs aren't fixed immediatley.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    also people always bring up how some games give compensation for scheduled maintenances. I've played many games like that and it's pretty minor stuff. obviously it's free, but it'd take nice compensation for big issues like mcoc rather than tiny amounts of small stuff

Kabam already said they're giving us compensation for act 6 so everything this thread is about is a complete waste of time. Also if you didn't finish act 6 early like I did it isn't your concern anyways.

Im not talking about act 6 compensation what i'm talking about is the general idea of compensation itself and why people should be grateful for it.

Crcrcrc said:

I have played numerous games that have given out compensation. And most games don’t nerf the living sh** out of content because people think it is “too hard”.
    Name me all those numerous games @Masterpuff
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

Kabam already said they're giving us compensation for act 6 so everything this thread is about is a complete waste of time. Also if you didn't finish act 6 early like I did it isn't your concern anyways.

Im not talking about act 6 compensation what i'm talking about is the general idea of compensation itself and why people should be grateful for it.
    Why should we be grateful for a situation where the game was too hard for the average player and now players like myself who completed on time will never fully get the compensation for all the extra revives we had to use? There's nothing to be grateful about that. I told Kabam in real time that the Champion was way too hard.
    Also, I'm going through a server issue now where I can't load the game. Am I supposed to be grateful if they compensate me for that? You've got to be kidding me.

Gardener said:

Why should we be grateful for a situation where the game was too hard for the average player and now players like myself who completed on time will never fully get the compensation for all the extra revives we had to use? There's nothing to be grateful about that. I told Kabam in real time that the Champion was way too hard.
    Also, I'm going through a server issue now where I can't load the game. Am I supposed to be grateful if they compensate me for that? You've got to be kidding me.
    Im sorry if you didn't hear me correctly but i'm not kidding you.

Gardener said:

You just proved OP's point. Players for this game all act like they deserve compensation for issues instead of just letting Kabam fix it and playing the game. Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

I have played numerous games that have given out compensation. And most games don’t nerf the living sh** out of content because people think it is “too hard”.
    FIFA, an old first person shooter I used to play that died, clash of clans a while ago(haven’t played in a bit), Injustice, probably a few more.

Keep in mind the other games I’ve played haven’t nerfed stuff because people didn’t like it.

Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

FIFA, an old first person shooter I used to play that died, clash of clans a while ago(haven’t played in a bit), Injustice, probably a few more.

Keep in mind the other games I’ve played haven’t nerfed stuff because people didn’t like it.
    Ive played clash of clans before (though it was a long time ago)in clash of clans you were versing other players you cant nerf another players base.So of course there was no nerfs.
    Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

You just proved OP's point. Players for this game all act like they deserve compensation for issues instead of just letting Kabam fix it and playing the game. Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything.
    No Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything but as a paying customer I expect good service. If you think being treated bad as a paying customer is a good standard for your company that's on you but I have respect for myself and you thinking a company just gets to do whatever they want is pathetic in more ways than I feel like elaborating on.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

Ive played clash of clans before (though it was a long time ago)in clash of clans you were versing other players you cant nerf another players base.So of course there was no nerfs.
    They could nerf the champions you use though and nerf the defensive towers and stuff.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

No Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything but as a paying customer I expect good service. If you think being treated bad as a paying customer is a good standard for your company that's on you but I have respect for myself and you thinking a company just gets to do whatever they want is pathetic in more ways than I feel like elaborating on.
    Bugs affect everyone, paying or not. The OP was making the point that there are worse ways to handle things than what they do here. Quite frankly, they give more than any game I can think of, whether Compensation or Login.

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

They could nerf the champions you use though and nerf the defensive towers and stuff.
    Yes, but that would be nerfing everyones base at ounce.Because they would also have those defenses and troops

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Bugs affect everyone, paying or not. The OP was making the point that there are worse ways to handle things than what they do here. Quite frankly, they give more than any game I can think of, whether Compensation or Login.
    Exactly kabam could have decided to do nothing at all whenever they fix a bug or nerf a act

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Lets cut the BS Kabam does not compensate due to the kindness of their hearts, they compensate because they don't want players to rage quit. So all of this talk about Kabam doing more than other games is not true. I have never never never played a mobile game that has a much errors on a monthly basis than MCOC. So if you want to compare it to other games you need to put it in its proper context.

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

It is a free game. You pay by choice. They give an amazing service with minimal bugs for how large the game is. You can't call a company pathetic after giving them money on a free game and demanding free stuff on issues.
This discussion has been closed.