**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NOW HERE'S THE PROOF OF HOW BUGGED ARCHANGEL IS AGAINST GLANCING!

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Sorry about the all caps, but I really just want this issue resolved once and for all. @Djin @Etjama @Fluffy_paws this is for you.

Let's take Ant-Man as the object of trial:

This is how his glancing is supposed to work.
Now I'm comparing Archangel with another AAR immune champ: Old man Logan.

Archangel

Ability:
Test: I dueled an antman with my 4* Archangel. I made sure I got to an SP 3, and that's the part of archangel's abilities that's not subject to RNG, because:

It has a 100% chance to cause 3 of the effects stated.
Fight strategy: I saved up to SP 3.
There is only one lucky bleed on ant-man at this point in time. I decided to go for normal light and medium attacks, and avoid glancing so as to not spoil the experiment procedure. As I took this screenshot, there was a bleed active. I got hit in the process, and the bleed fell off. I decided to attack in a little more to make sure Ant-Man would glance one of his basic attacks, as that's the way to make sure he glanced the SP 3. I throw off the SP 3, and boom!

See that? Not a single effect from the SP 3 activates, even though AA is AAR immune, and they're supposed to be guaranteed to happen.

Now let's take OML.

Old Man Logan

Ability:
Test: I dueled Ant-Man again. First and foremost, OML's passive bleeds never failed to be placed on himself even when glanced:
I did a similar thing as I did with AA:
^100% chance to activate those effects

See that? I made sure he glanced a basic attack as with AA before I threw the SP 3, and as you can see, all his effects activated contrary to Archangel, who is also AAR immune.

Is that doesn't prove the bug, then I don't know what will.

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    yes! thats been happening when i verse antman with AA too
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    It's here! 🥳
    @Fluffy_paws @Djin @Etjama you are reinvited!
    HI_guys said:

Damn bro. That's awesome

Thanks! The idea came like one of those lightbulb moments, lol
    Sidenote: I couldn't do a screen record, because after the recent updates, the game is almost literally unplayable when I'm recording gameplay due to lag.
    It seems I made a few grammatically errors when typing as I was rushing a little bit.

Nevertheless, @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious please look into this issue.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Smart! I hope they fix him.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

I adviced you to try this.
    I know glancing is bugged. It also affects Mysterio.

I think Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity(ability accuracy cannot be reduced but can be increased) and Ability Accuracy Modification Immunity(ability accuracy can neither be increased or decreased) are implemented differently in the game.
    It's kabam....anything is possible.
    HI_guys said:

It's a bit blurred but you can see that neurotoxin is not placed. That is, only a posion was placed when there should have been both a bleed and poison

Hmm, more weird stuff going on 🤔
    Djin said:

I think Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity(ability accuracy cannot be reduced but can be increased) and Ability Accuracy Modification Immunity(ability accuracy can neither be increased or decreased) are implemented differently in the game.

Djin said:

Yeah, that's why I tagged you.

Also, that second line in your comment seems like a possibility...but it's still weird altogether. Haven't tried Mysterio yet, but I can imagine him having the same problem as you've stated.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Djin said:

Well yes. That's why AA works well as a horseman and with quake Hawkeye synergies
    Yes I know that.
    What I mean to say is that for Glancing AAR and AAM should be same. But they're not.
    HI_guys said:

These are some prototypes of 100kb and 700kb

How do you guys even upload gifs? 😅
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I think Mysterio is being affected by glancing too. Like AA, Mysterio is AAR immune, and has a 100% chance to place a passive heal block on 4th light attack.
    https://youtu.be/n6IUQFZss5s
    Around 1:45, where is my heal block 🤔

HI_guys said:

This going to be ignored?

Yeah, still no mod response.

I'll try to keep it on first page for as long as I can.
    Haji_Saab said:

Looks like Old Man Logan is the outlier here. He has been coded differently it seems.

But @Haji_Saab, Longshot is another AAR immune champ, but doesn't get affected by glancing either.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Every hit on Ant-Man can glance, regardless if the attacking champion is AAR immune or not. Glancing is based on DAA, so try putting Falcon's Locked On. Or Magneto's Magnetize. Ant-Man will not glance then.

Every hit on Ant-Man can glance, regardless if the attacking champion is AAR immune or not. Glancing is based on DAA, so try putting Falcon's Locked On. Or Magneto's Magnetize. Ant-Man will not glance then.

That's not the point of this post. I'm saying that certain AAR immune champs like AA don't activate their abilities when glanced even though they're supposed to. Meanwhile others like old man Logan can, which isn't supposed to be the case.
    HI_guys said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Looks like Old Man Logan is the outlier here. He has been coded differently it seems.

But @Haji_Saab, Longshot is another AAR immune champ, but doesn't get affected by glancing either.
    He technically isn't immune. Just boosted stats
    He is. Check it.
    Kill_Grey said:

That's not the point of this post. I'm saying that certain AAR immune champs like AA don't activate their abilities when glanced even though they're supposed to. Meanwhile others like old man Logan can, which isn't supposed to be the case.
    You got the mechanic wrong. Glancing is based on defensive ability accuracy. Unless you reduce it, hits while glanced don't crit and offensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100%. The latter is only applicable to effects applied on Ant-Man aka debuffs.
    HI_guys said:

The problem is that it is reducing OAA
    The game prioritises glancing above other mechanics, so the AAR immunity fails.