**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Science champ rank up question

C_Trooper88C_Trooper88 Posts: 80
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I already have CAIW at rank 5. Looking to bring up my next 5 star science champ to rank 5. From everything I've read, Quake is the best science champ in the game, but I personally can't use her effectively. Would I be better of taking up Thing or perhaps Human Torch? I have a science awakening gem available for HT if needed. Would love to hear people's thoughts and experiences
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I personally love Human Torch and he is hands down my favourite. I agree that quake is the best champ, but she is also an acquired taste, and if you do not know how to play her effectively, you cannot unlock her full potential. Thing is an overall solid champ...a great tank, has utility and a lot of immunities. Great for war defense too. Human Torch on the other hand, has arguably the best prefight(in my opinion) debuff in the game. Melts through all mystics, but great for a diverse number of opponents. Helps a lot in Abyss too, if you are looking to complete that particular piece of content. Has double immunities, and reverse healing too. Additionally, no one in the whole game is immune to his prefight, which is a big advantage imo. She hulk is also a solid champ, and you should probably consider her too. I would personally go for Human Torch to rank up. Also, he does not need awakening as all it does is gives you a chance to start with the prefight once it is already used. You can however awaken him to increase his PI if you want. I would say that She hulk needs the awakening more than him; or you can save it for someone else like Void. Hope this helped!
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Go for torch
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I heavily suggest trying to learn quake, she can carry hard, but if you really can’t get the hang of her then go torch
  • C_Trooper88C_Trooper88 Posts: 80

I personally love Human Torch and he is hands down my favourite. I agree that quake is the best champ, but she is also an acquired taste, and if you do not know how to play her effectively, you cannot unlock her full potential. Thing is an overall solid champ...a great tank, has utility and a lot of immunities. Great for war defense too. Human Torch on the other hand, has arguably the best prefight(in my opinion) debuff in the game. Melts through all mystics, but great for a diverse number of opponents. Helps a lot in Abyss too, if you are looking to complete that particular piece of content. Has double immunities, and reverse healing too. Additionally, no one in the whole game is immune to his prefight, which is a big advantage imo. She hulk is also a solid champ, and you should probably consider her too. I would personally go for Human Torch to rank up. Also, he does not need awakening as all it does is gives you a chance to start with the prefight once it is already used. You can however awaken him to increase his PI if you want. I would say that She hulk needs the awakening more than him; or you can save it for someone else like Void. Hope this helped!

Thanks for the very insightful comment. Certainly makes me lean towards HT given my current ability to use Quake
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d definitely go ht over thing. He gives you a pretty good regen counter while also shutting down so many nodes and champions. I’d have a gem saved for void but if you have another gem that could awaken him torch’s preflight ability is nice. The problem with thing is you need the full fantastic 4 synergy to make him work well so you have to fully commit to playing him and I assume you don’t want to do that.
  • C_Trooper88C_Trooper88 Posts: 80
    Will3808 said:

I’d definitely go ht over thing. He gives you a pretty good regen counter while also shutting down so many nodes and champions. I’d have a gem saved for void but if you have another gem that could awaken him torch’s preflight ability is nice. The problem with thing is you need the full fantastic 4 synergy to make him work well so you have to fully commit to playing him and I assume you don’t want to do that.

Thanks for the insight! I've been saving a gem for when I finally pull void for ages now. Not sure if it's worth the wait after all this time, especially given the fact all my science gems have gone to CAIW and Thing so I couldn't take Void to a high sig anyway