**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So what does abuse and spam do on the forums?

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
I was just wondering this I’ve always noticed them but never knew what they are? Can someone explain to me?

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Just an option for you to alert Kabam to someone using the forums in a way you think they shouldn’t. This is often when someone doesn’t think your post is at all relevant or if you post too much, but it is actually pretty useful, like if for some reason your device decides to post the same post three different times (mine has done that before) then people can flag two of them as spam and get Kabam to remove the clutter. Don’t take it too seriously unless you’re actually doing something you probably shouldn’t.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

The disagree button is just as bad as spam/abuse was. Just now, mods aren't notified like they were for the other two.

Actually don’t understand the “disagree”button. Most of the disagrees I have acquired are on posts I made that didn’t really have a component of agree or disagree. The disagrees were more a statement that they simply didn’t like my post (which is understandable). Worse, I acquired a large new pile of disagrees on some thread yesterday and then the thread disappeared. Don’t even know what statement they were disagreeing with.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

The disagree button is just as bad as spam/abuse was. Just now, mods aren't notified like they were for the other two.

Actually don’t understand the “disagree”button. Most of the disagrees I have acquired are on posts I made that didn’t really have a component of agree or disagree. The disagrees were more a statement that they simply didn’t like my post (which is understandable). Worse, I acquired a large new pile of disagrees on some thread yesterday and then the thread disappeared. Don’t even know what statement they were disagreeing with.
    That's why it's no better than the others. People spam it regardless of the posts' content. Mine already has 2 disagrees.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

disagree is definitely not just as bad
    Moot4Life said:

it absolutely is. I post stuff all the time that is something you can neither agree or disagree with and still get disagrees. People tick disagree on my posts just because they don't like me regardless of what I say. It's abused as much as the other 2 were.
    edited November 2020

Moot4Life said:

it absolutely is. I post stuff all the time that is something you can neither agree or disagree with and still get disagrees. People tick disagree on my posts just because they don't like me regardless of what I say. It's abused as much as the other 2 were.
    but you can just ignore them, with abuse and spam mods always got notified
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

but you can just ignore them
    You can also ignore Spam and Abuse. There's absolutely no difference.
    Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

(i edited) with abuse and spam mods always got notified
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Well that's worse for the mods, but not you. 😂
    Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Well that's worse for the mods, but not you. 😂
    😂😂😂
    edited November 2020
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

but you can just ignore them, with abuse and spam mods always got notified
    I ignore them regardless. My like count has always been above either though now it's creeping up. I've made my bed here so I'll gladly sleep in it.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Any form of disagree buttons in any forum can easily create a toxic environment. Removal of it would encourage people to actually offer counterpoints to things they disagree with, inciting more civil and educated discussions that maybe can lead to a common understanding, instead of just throwing shade at someone by tapping a button.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Any form of disagree buttons in any forum can easily create a toxic environment. Removal of it would encourage people to actually offer counterpoints to things they disagree with, inciting more civil and educated discussions that maybe can lead to a common understanding, instead of just throwing shade at someone by tapping a button.

Actually, I think it's poetic. You can spam it, but it doesn't affect anything.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Anyone notice how when you mention the word "disagree" on a post, that it actually attracts the disagrees? 🤔
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Anyone notice how when you mention the word "disagree" on a post, that it actually attracts the disagrees? 🤔

Sorry.. I'm not one of those who clicks it normally.. but I had to on this occasion 😂
    Haha. It's all good, buddy.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

that's exactly why it's not as bad lol. no one cares about the things on your profile. it just makes it easier for the mods to get the actual spammers and abusers

that's exactly why it's not as bad lol. no one cares about the things on your profile. it just makes it easier for the mods to get the actual spammers and abusers
    TRUE