Dodging special attacks

RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 341 ★★
edited November 20 in Strategy and Tips
I haven't seen a list that describes how specials attacks from several champions look like, so I thought before, why don't I make it, it will always have value especially with Root now coming up and so here's a sneak peek: (Please don't judge me too hard, it is VERY difficult to distinguish whether an attack is followed quickly or not so quickly by another and yes I probably have made a bunch of mistakes)

I've been busy with this for over 3 months now on-off.

Any commentary is welcome :)

Edit-: By the way, it is subjective which special is easier to evade, but often when it is close I take the higher one (SP2) because then 'you have more room to punch your opponent'

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 865 ★★★
    Thanks for the info 😁
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 7,366 ★★★★★
    this is super cool!
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 341 ★★
    edited November 18
    Made something counting heavy attack hits, credits to McocTrucos for the photographs, I used it so there would not be a very long list and just an easy way to quickly find it via their pic (Guess y'all know who who is right): + Some characters like Falcon have been buffed in the meantime, and don't take the tier list too seriously

For the ones that don't have a picture below:
    (If these are wrong, sorry, I don't have them/it is just on sight)

Red Goblin 2
    Cosmic Ghost Rider 1
    iAbom 1
    iHulk 2

• LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 203
    This is awesome buddy.. great work... appreciate the effort taken
    Made some changes in the text so I'll say them here too:

-Archangel: SP1 D,PP,P (You can dex the first two projectiles at the same time right before the first one would hit you, but if you're playing safe, only dex the last one)

-Carnage SP1 has to have 2 exclamation points, my bad.

-Beast: SP1 has 2 hits: D//D

-Captain Marvel Classic: After SP1, don't immediately attack, wait until she drops a little bit, otherwise your first hit will whiff (idk if this is the correct term?-or just miss/won't hit her)

-Domino SP1: if you use a skill champion, you can't dex the projectile. (when you have the Unlucky passive)
    H next;

edited November 21
    Some bosses:

Overall maybe all champions would be good for the GM fight as long as you play well. (I'm not there yet so everything about this fight is based on other sources.)
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 194
    This is perfect. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I still can't dex Cyclop's beams, so I'm going to try this guide out. Great stuff man, please keep it coming for us less experienced players.

This is perfect. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I still can't dex Cyclop's beams, so I'm going to try this guide out. Great stuff man, please keep it coming for us less experienced players.

Thank you! And you're really welcome, did this originally to help out my allymates and myself but I thought I could spread the word out more because this is indeed more valuable to the less experienced players and I've heard a lot of complaints about not being able to remember all specials and heavies from the vast pool of characters.
    edited November 22
    I,J,K below

• MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 81
    I think it's really cool, Youve OUTDONE yourself dude!!!
    edited November 25
    L and first part of M

Most hits (A-M): [Good for Breakthrough node]

SP1: Dragon Man(?), Joe Fixit 8, Agent Venom 8, Falcon 8 (Cable, Carnage 7)
    SP2: Medusa 10, Apocalypse(?) (G2099 9, Howard The Duck 9, BWCV 8)

edited November 28
    RaviDavi said:

Made something counting heavy attack hits, credits to McocTrucos for the photographs, I used it so there would not be a very long list and just an easy way to quickly find it via their pic (Guess y'all know who who is right): + Some characters like Falcon have been buffed in the meantime, and don't take the tier list too seriously

For the ones that don't have a picture below:
    (If these are wrong, sorry, I don't have them/it is just on sight)

Red Goblin 2
    Cosmic Ghost Rider 1
    iAbom 1
    iHulk 2

You can combine the info on this chart with the info of the special attacks from champions:

Those who don't know it yet: if you max out the Stupefy mastery, you can perform the following combo as long as you meet the next requirements:
    1) The champ you use has at least 2 hits on the Heavy attack (Not: Doctor Doom, BWCV..)
    2) There must be a short to long interval between the first and second (or second and third) hit (Not: Guardian..)
    3) You must have SP1 or SP2 (or SP3) ready before you would have hit all hits on the Heavy attack

Combo: Parry-M-H°-SP [°One hit less than the max. amount]

Useful for (some examples given): Wasp, IMIW, Cap IW, Colossus
    edited November 28
    Rest of M, N, O, P and Q below

(Edit: Mole Man might shrug off Slow so still: be careful)
    Edits:

-Morningstar: SP2 is unblockable with 3 Souls and more
    -Korg SP1, Crossbones SP2, Punisher SP1: all D,FP,FP,FP

Below: R and a part of S

To the person desperate to disagree with me, going as far as back to October,

I truly hope you can make something out of your day and I'm sorry that you don't agree with anything I say.

It is a bit weird to get 200% more disagrees in one morning than in almost 2 months all of a sudden but okay ^.^